The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Some People... (HR)

I have a friend that owns a barn. Apparently, this week she has been bombarded with stupid emails from various people. They strike me as very funny…thought I would share.

Idiot #1:

Background: My friend has a quiet, calm horse that is up for partial lease on a national horse website. The ad clearly says the horse is for an on farm, partial lease (note…this does not say for sale).

Idiot’s Initial Response to Ad:

call me if any segestions or email me please

(Yes, that’s right…no indication about what the person wants but was sent through the website’s systems so clearly about the horse for lease.)

Farm Owning Friend’s Response:

I would be happy to answer any questions about this mare. As the ad states, she is available for an on-farm partial lease only.

(I would have already decided to not deal with this person.)

Idiot:

ohh i dont live on a ranch but my best friend dose she said she would be delited to keep him there till new home she has more horses there for her to play whit im soo exsited about this iv always wanted my on horse ohh and if there are any important thing i need to know about medical stuff and EXS.email me back and well talk about it

(EXS? Is that supposed to be etc.?)

FO Friend:

This horse must stay on our farm for the lease. She can not go to your friend's place.

Idiot:

no you see my friend lives on a ranch (a fram) ok and its totally safe she has 6 other horses there one of them she had for 6 years or i could leave her at my moms farm she has two other horses i could send a pic. of both farms if you want me too i would love two and i have food for it but you too tell me if shes mine cause i have other offers but i realy wanted yours i have a sable at both houses tell me in one or two weeks thats all the time i can give you thanks for your offer

FO Friend:

‘Snookums’ can not leave our farm. She has other people that have partial leases on her here.

Idiot:

(I have edited this one so I don’t offend anyone…* are places where edits have occurred. I did not remove any punctuation, despite the fact that it may look that way.)

fine but you put an add in the paper that says"horse for sale if your not giving her away then * you go to * i dont live where you do and im not going five hundred miles for your * so kiss my left * thank you not * your *

FO Friend:

If you could read, you would know that her ad clearly states that she is for an on-farm partial lease, NOT FOR SALE. I would never sell a horse to someone as unprofessional as yourself. Good luck in your search.

(Again, I would have stopped being nice along time ago. Or sent her a really nasty email in response.)

Idiot:

(Again, edited to reduce offensiveness.)

ooh girl do you know how easy its ganna be when i wop your * i am not unprofessional as you know i work for a hospital we must be veary unprofessinal to save someones life you and your lonesome * can go to hell with the rest of your family i curse you your welcome no if you got some thing else tosay about my unprofessinal work say it to my lawer

Idiot #2:

Background: FO Friend composts her manure and other stall cleanings and in the spring she allows people to come pick it up for their gardens for free. She always has tons of people come and get it…it is a win win situation. Again, the ad on craigslist is very clear...free composted manure if you load but only for a certain period of time. This time has passed and the ad clearly says it is for a limited time (gives dates for pickup.)

This was the response from the craigslist ad from this week (again, with edits made):

Subject: Your Horse *on CL

Sound's Great i would Just Love to Come over & Clean out Your Barn for Your Lazy * ..Your Posting sound's Like a Huge amount of Horse * To Me & Just a Nother way of someone Getting Some thing Done for FREE!! I'm Hoping That You Have Plenty of Home owner's INS. Because My Bud. is Going to Get in Tuch with You & set up a Pick up Time & Date Then He's Going To Hert his Back Out On Your Land. or Rented Land. .& Sew Your ass For Evey Thin Dime Your Cheap * Has "Smile" & That's NO Hourse *... Ill Be The one in The Back of the Court Room Laffing My * Off

What on earth is wrong with these people?! At least we all got a good laugh out of it. Hope everyone enjoys!!!
    There are stars in the Southern sky and if ever you decide you should go there is a taste of time sweetened honey.

Oh my lord.... words cannot express what I feel for your friend!!

However, they are pretty funny!!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Just wow! LOL

I've had a few like the first--though they never got nasty--also related to an on site half lease.

I don't know if I could've kept responding to that one though!
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I'm betting what is "wrong" with the first poster is that she's about 12 (and yes, according to my middle school daughter such language is not at all uncommon at that age!).

The second one, maybe 14. Or maybe it's the same 12 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrey View Post
    I'm betting what is "wrong" with the first poster is that she's about 12 (and yes, according to my middle school daughter such language is not at all uncommon at that age!).

The second one, maybe 14. Or maybe it's the same 12 year old.
    Ambrey,

I did wonder if it was a kid but the working in the hospital part makes me think no, just someone with little education or social skills.

And I wondered if it was the same person, but I think the craigslist ad was fairly anonymous. Someone would have to be pretty smart to put two and two together (not to mention having way to much time on their hands).
    There are stars in the Southern sky and if ever you decide you should go there is a taste of time sweetened honey.

Nah, the kid just made that up. Everything about the language screams kid to me.

And if her e-mail was in the craigslist ad, they could have done a search? Or maybe just another random kid (amazingly, the world is full of them!).

It sounds like a kid to me, too, and I analyze writing for a living . Most likely her mother, aunt, or sister works in a hospital . I would have kept responding, as well, just to see what she would come up with next (and not SURE it's a she, but the writing style is feminine).

The second response is just...warped.

Definately about twelve. You wouldn't believe some of the language kids (some) ten and up use!
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmoody View Post

The second response is just...warped.
    Yet, sadly, probably very honest.

Any time you put something out on the internet you are baiting the trolls - walk away and do not look back. Clear it from you head it is not worth it!
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

I did wonder if it was a kid but the working in the hospital part makes me think no, just someone with little education or social skills.
    Well, parents keep asking those of us without children who we think will be wiping our asses when we're old. I think we just found one of them.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Quote Originally Posted by EponaRoan View Post
    Well, parents keep asking those of us without children who we think will be wiping our asses when we're old. I think we just found one of them.
    People with kids have asked you that?

I'd have told them, "The same ones who are gonna be wiping your ass, because if that's why you had kids, you're going to be one sad, sorry, surprised parent when they slam your saggy old self in the old folks home!"
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Responses like the idiots in the original post make me wonder WHY states keep cutting the education budgets?????