The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by equusvilla View Post
    This is what our farm house/barn looks like:

I enjoyed looking at your barn photo (as well as everyone elses too!) If I were you and wanted to do something that would make a bigger difference than what you have already done, I would get something to frame the plantings - as others have done..maybe railroad ties, or stone to build up the planted area. Also - maybe buy something to hang on the outside of your barn...like one of those Nortic round signs (sorry - can't remember the real name of them) or a medal ornamental design piece that are so popular now...and not too $$ either! Both of these things will draw the eye up
    Great post! ...but then again - I am a nut about details!
    Thanks for the ideas

GAP - You are the only other person I have seen with peach colored iris. I have ones from my grandmother that have moved around the country with me(they're more travelled than many people). I have a waiting list of people wanting some when I thin. Your plantings are lovely -thanks for sharing
    Epona Farm
    Irish Draughts and Irish Sport horses

Join us on Facebook

grayarabpony, I just love your place! I love the wild look it has. I sooo want a shade garden but we just don't have enough shade. I have one little corner that I've procrastinated on.

equusvilla - very nice!

horsetales, I have some peach iris too No idea the variety though. I had some deep copper ones at my old house that smelled just heavenly.

Thanks horsetales and JB.

The peach iris I received in a trade with a gardening friend; unfortunately I do not know its identity.