The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

((((hugs))))

Seb
    Aca-Believe it!!

ESG - you hang in there. I know this is the darkest of dark times and everything seems like it can't possibly get any worse. That's the time you need to lean on the folks around you like us and your friends at home - we can't make your pain go away or change it but we can be cheerleaders for your bravery to make the best decisions possible - which you did.

You are walking through the darkest of the dark parts now and it will begin to get lighter. You have faced the tough decisions with courage and faith and that will be rewarded.

Keep putting one foot in front of the other.

You are a true inspiration and encouragement to me. And I thank you.

I am so sorry. Sometimes when one door closes another opens. It may be that you find a much better job when you recover, or that a wonderful dog needing a home finds you.

It *is* hard when you are being kicked while you are down, but you WILL get through this. Better days are ahead.

ESG, that just sucks!! I am so sorry that you are going through all of that. Surely it can only get better?!!

Jingles for your heart ((( you ))) xx

ESG. God works in such mysterious ways. I personally hope to have a long talk with him if I'm able to get into heaven. But he'll comfort you through all of your down times. I know the death of pets is just heart wrenching. But the fact that you offered them such love & peace in their lives should feel your heart with gladness. About the job thing...pwey...you're smart & you'll get something even better. Just wait & see if I'm not right. I'll pray that all your pain is lessened & a new better job is right around the corner for you. Take care,
    Julie Whitfield
    Producing horses with gentle minds & brilliant movement!
    www.whitfieldfarm.shutterfly.com

Also lost one this week. My grand old ASB who was 27, retired in KY. He was a highly decorated World Champion (WC CH Talent Contest for those who are familiar with performance ASBs.) He lived a long and wonderful life but will be missed.

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

Red face

You guys rock. Thank you so much for the support and the jingles.

Well, one bit of good news from my chiro doctor this morning. Apparently, the radiologist who reviewed my x-rays couldn't find any evidence of a fractured vertebrae, so that's one bullet dodged. My neck is still swollen and sore, and I'm still dizzy ( yes, moreso than usual! ) from the concussion, but just that one bit of good news makes me feel TONS better.

I also called a friend this morning with whom I hadn't spoken in a while, and clued her in on everything that's gone on in the past ten days. She immediately told me not to worry, that she and another friend would help take care of the horses, and with whatever else I needed.

I'm so blessed. Thank you. Thank you all so very, very much.
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

I'm sorry, Beth. Sounds like it's been a terrible week all around.

Best wishes for you to recover completely and quickly.

I feel for you, ESG! I am also glad YOU are better.

I lost one of my two last year's foals last Monday. Long story - but, believe me, I haven't stopped crying...

Take care!
    co-author of 101 Jumping Exercises & The Rider's Fitness Program; Soon to come: Dead Ringer - a tale of equine mystery and intrique! Former Moderator!

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    You guys rock. Thank you so much for the support and the jingles.

Well, one bit of good news from my chiro doctor this morning. Apparently, the radiologist who reviewed my x-rays couldn't find any evidence of a fractured vertebrae, so that's one bullet dodged. My neck is still swollen and sore, and I'm still dizzy ( yes, moreso than usual! ) from the concussion, but just that one bit of good news makes me feel TONS better.

I also called a friend this morning with whom I hadn't spoken in a while, and clued her in on everything that's gone on in the past ten days. She immediately told me not to worry, that she and another friend would help take care of the horses, and with whatever else I needed.

I'm so blessed. Thank you. Thank you all so very, very much.
    Hey Beth, just saw this. Sorry to hear about your accident but glad that things are under control. Get well soon!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it"