The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool who has the dalmar event boots?

i have a set- front and hind- that i bought last fall and have used maybe 10 times total.
    the inside is not holding up well and rubbing my horse's leg. i really like my boots, but i am confused by the inconsistentcy of the quality in the boots. the front are missing the lining over the foam. then the replacement boots that came today are made of different materials on the outside- the hinds are the vinyl and the fronts are cordura( i think) but totally different from each other! what is going on ? is this common for the company or should i go buy a lottery ticket !?!
    Lisa

Founder of the *Barefoot Eventers Clique*

Happiness is a state of mind according to how you look at things.. and whether or not you have a sound horse!

Oohhh no! I really really wanted a pair - but haven't found a place in the states to order them.

Where did you get them from?
    Proud owner of a Spicy mare!!

I really loff mine! I bought from the uk (which I often do for tack). They have held up really well now for over 4 years of quite a lot of competing.
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

I have a front and hind pair I bought directly from Dalmar in Ireland. They look exactly like this -
    http://205.252.250.27/dalmar/eventer.html

and have performed well for a couple years now. Sample size of 1 but a happy sample.

More boots are shown here - http://www.dalmarboots.co.uk/ and I'm not seeing anything cordura looking. Any chance you got knock-offs??

Hope it resolves well for you. Keep us posted. Might be worth looking on the first site for contact info and emailing the guy directly - seemed to be a small operation, as the designer/scientist was also the guy at the trade fair booth at Dublin, and seemed also to be the guy who would ship my hind boots when he got home...

How did you know what size to buy?
    Proud owner of a Spicy mare!!

sparkle- i got them from hastilowusa.com she is very nice and spends a good bit of time in the uk buying tack and bringing it back with her to the states. i called the owner and gave her the measurements for my horse and then she told me which size to order- medium.
    Lisa

Founder of the *Barefoot Eventers Clique*

Happiness is a state of mind according to how you look at things.. and whether or not you have a sound horse!

Quote Originally Posted by nc_eventer View Post
    i have a set- front and hind- that i bought last fall and have used maybe 10 times total.
    the inside is not holding up well and rubbing my horse's leg. i really like my boots, but i am confused by the inconsistentcy of the quality in the boots. the front are missing the lining over the foam. then the replacement boots that came today are made of different materials on the outside- the hinds are the vinyl and the fronts are cordura( i think) but totally different from each other! what is going on ? is this common for the company or should i go buy a lottery ticket !?!

Sounds odd to me- the front and hind dalmar boots that i have are made of the same material inside and out and are just shaped differently. Is there a chance that they sent you a pair of the racing boots instead of the XC boots?

Yes, Hastilowusa is the same as www.allenglishtack.com Great place to buy!!

I have the Dalmar XC boots, and I've used them for about 3 years with no problems at all. I love them. I use them over my Nunn Finers as much as I can!
    Jessica Bortner-Harris
    www.rockystartstables.com
    "Throw your heart over the fence and your horse will follow."

jaybig Guest

Default eventer or racing??

sorry to hear about all the confusion re dalmar eventer boots but i;m about to add to the confusion
    we have just received a pair of eventer boots that would appear to be the racing boot made from material as apposed to that advertised and in my opinion not really up to the job to add to the confusion the label stitched on the side spells eventer i have just emailed dalmar ireland to check if there are any knock off boots floating around and would like to keep you posted when i get a reply
    why cant every one be as honest as me

jaybig Guest

Default new product

spoken to dalmar ireland most boots being advertised on the net are showing a picture in there advertisements of a pre production boot not the current boot which is what everyone is know getting and in my opinion not a patch on the earlier design
    god only knows why someone at dalmar doesnot update there files