The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

View Poll Results: How many bridles do you have? And how many horses?

Voters
252. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 - 3 Bridles

74 29.37%
  • 4 - 6 Bridles

94 37.30%
  • 7 - 9 Bridles

37 14.68%
  • 10+ Bridles

46 18.25%
  • 0 - 1 Horses

90 35.71%
  • 2 - 3 Horses

53 21.03%
  • 4 - 5 Horses

25 9.92%
  • 6+ Horses

23 9.13%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default How many bridles do you own? Or, Bridles Ho's Not-So-Anonymous!

This is something of a spin-off from the Antares bridle thread; as I was reading it, I was reminded of how extensive some individuals' bridle collections are!

So how many bridles do you have? And how many horses to go with those bridles?

I have 2 horses and at least 12 bridles (Beval Stamford, Beval Heritage Figure-8, Beval New Canaan, 2 Crosby Excels, New Cavalry, Vespucci Hunter, Vespucci Figure-8, Circuit Plain Raised, Warendorf dressage, Walsh/LaSalle driving, Billy Cook floral-tooled sliding ear Western, and probably enough pieces for one or two more! )
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Two hunter-style Edgewood bridles and one Arc de Triomphe figure-8 jumper bridle.

One horse. He only fits in the AdT now... grew out of the Edgewoods.

I feel slightly disturbed about it.... way too many.

I have three horses....

Each horse has a show bridle and a schooling bridle (Stoney- Arc for show, KL Select Red Barn for schooling, Shane- Arc for show, Edgewood for schooling, Somerset- Beval Heritage for show, Edgewood for schoolingg).

In addition, Stoney has a "lesson bridle" for the kids to use (can't stand sharing a bridle with the kids, I hate grimy tack). It's an older Essex bridle and the quality is FAN-tastic. The kids are trying to kill it and they can't. Don't make 'em like that anymore.

I currently have a brand new "spare" that was going to be Stoney's show bridle (KL Select) except I bought him one I liked better. I have a new, untouched Jaguar bridle that I LOVE and am waiting for plain square raised to come back in. I have a new, untouched fancy stitched padded Jaguar bridle that I have no use for (I went a little wild when the Jaguar bridles started becoming hard to find).

I have a worn bridle (Dabbs True Brit) that WAS Shane's schooling bridle before I upgraded him.

I have a worn bridle (KL Select Red Barn) that WAS Somerset's schooling bridle before I upgraded him.

Er, that's horrible! 12 bridles. I need to get off my butt and start ebaying.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

I have one horse - and 3 bridles for him.

He has an old Crosby with his mechanical hackamore on it, a nicer Edgewood bridle with his pelham that use to jump him, and he has a back up bridle that is some unknown brand that has clips on the cheek pieces so I can easily switch out the bits.

I have 6 bridles and no horses. One is loaned out to a pony and I manage to use the other five on whatever I am riding at the moment, at least it guarantees I always have a clean bridle to use.

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    I feel slightly disturbed about it.... way too many.

Er, that's horrible! 12 bridles. I need to get off my butt and start ebaying.
    That's not too bad, I can't wait to hear Lucassb's response. She is the bridle queen.

For horses of riding age.....4 bridles to go with 4 horses. NOPE...make that 5 bridles. I do have the ratty "breaking bridle" for greenies that I don't care if it gets wrecked if something happens to it ,learning to longe etc! (2 Stubbens and 2 FSS bridles with subtly blingy browbands that were another 70 bucks each!). Average cost of each bridle is around 270. with the reins and bling......middle of the road.....not cheap but not a 400.00 bridle either.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    That's not too bad, I can't wait to hear Lucassb's response. She is the bridle queen.
    Is it bad that I only felt okay posting because I figured Lucassb would post and that would make me feel slightly better about myself ?!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Oh Veronica, don't worry on the bridles, I have you way beat!!!!! I'm a total bridle ho!!!! I have 4 Jimmy's (yes I love me some Jimmy's bridles) 4 new cav hunter bridles, a new cav jumper figure eight (keep in mind I've done the jumpers a handful of times) a edgewood, a hadfields, a Judy's like the 4 Jimmy's but in cob size, two or three dover schooling bridles, and a handful of no name bridles one being my favorite schooling bridle as a kid that was a big $30, and I worshipped that bridle for a long time.....I have to say for being 20 + years old, its held up remarkably well!!

Quote Originally Posted by vxf111 View Post
    Is it bad that I only felt okay posting because I figured Lucassb would post and that would make me feel slightly better about myself ?!
    No, its the same reason I didn't mind posting about all of my bridles, when I don't even own a horse. Although I put the blame on Lucassb, she is always very encouraging when it comes to shopping.

Only one bridle (Antares) and currently no horses (taking a slight break). I gave three or four last year to a lesson barn that I had ridden at in the past.

Now, if you want to talk about saddles (3) and an unknown number of girths, half pads, saddle pads, martingales, blankets, coolers, horse boots, etc., etc...

Hmmm lets see I have 12 or so in a trunk, 5 new show bridles in the basement, 10 or so at the stable, and a trunk for of parts. Though I think I did well because I sold 10 of the show bridles last spring!

Wow - never added those up before. I AM a Bridle 'Ho!!!

In my defense though, 2 are currently loaned out to friends...

2 western bridles - for training projects
    1 smaller brown bridle - for training projects
    1 baby bridle - for training w/ the yearlings/2yos
    2 brown bridles - w/ xc bits
    4 black bridles - for our 4 riding age horses

I don't even want to count how many bits I have!
    Blacktree Farm
    Lessons, training & sporthorse sales. Proud supporter of our buckskin German Warmblood stallion, Yeager GF.
    Blacktree Studio
    Graphic Design, Web Design & Photography.

I have nine (I think), and two horses...

For Tari:
    1 cheapy little one I used to introduce the whole bit concept - outgrown
    1 she wears now (I use the same bridles to school and show...)
    1 western (she doesn't go western yet, mind you)

For Jude:
    1 for flat & stadium
    1 for xc
    1 for gymkhana
    1 western (he DOES go western)

Extras:
    1 trail (the halter/bridle kind)
    1 which used to be Jude's XC bridle, but now is randomly cannibalized and reassembled as necessary, and occasionally even used as a whole bridle when I get the crazy idea that I need another one. I think Tari's bridle has the browband from this one on it at the moment (she's a funny size - cob everywhere but the browband!)...

I actually think I'm doing pretty well - I tried to clean out the extras a couple of years ago, plus I lost at least one in the last move.
    Proud member of the EDRF

Just 2 - my every day and my appointments bridles.
    http://www.tbhsa.com/index.html

Originally Posted by JSwan
    I love feral children. They taste like chicken.

Oh I soooooooooo fall in to the catagory of "Bridle 'ho"! The last time I counted I had 15 show bridles and 21 training/semi show bridles. I have 3 Cobs that I show..... Don't get me started on the number of bits I have
    Unbridled Oaks - Champion Sport Ponies and Welsh Cobs

Like us on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/unbridledoaks

LOL! I'm looking for a local show quality hunter bridle in havana... OS or WB... Can anyone hook a girl up for $30 or less?

I have 6 horses and 40+ bridles. They're just one of those tack items that I never ever throw away when I get a new one. So mine represent 27 years of tack collection....not *that* bad when you look at it that way!

I'm really not that bad, for my one horse I have: 1 dressage bridle, 1 hunter bridle, 1 schooling figure-8, and 1 show figure-8. Plus a bunch of random parts that I could make another bridle with.
    “I always knew I had the ability, I just had to find the horse to get me there.” - Calvin Borel, on riding Street Sense to victory in the 2007 Kentucky Derby

I was just talking about my shopping issues elsewhere. I event so need a variety of tack and I have lots of different horses coming in and out so need options. Perfect situation for someone who loves to buy tack!

3 hunt bridles from Bartville (nunn finer)- OS, HS and cob size. A girl has to have option ya know!

7 black dressage bridle different sizes and brands-some kieffer, nunn finer, stubben and vespucci.

hunter bridles- devoucoux, a showmark, circuit, ADT and dominus

event bridles- all sorts of bartville bridles with figure eights and flash nosebands, circuit bridles and more.

I have a closet in my house for my tack. Even I know it is silly as I looked at this gorgeous devocoux hunter bridle in newmarket that only matches a chestnut..I don't have a chestnut I got such a good deal on it I couldn't say NO. I need help