The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Happy birthday to all the March and April "babies"!

Aww...we did a birthday party for my pony (inspired by and using the recipe from Misty's birthday in her biography) and she did in fact eat the cake--though the fact it's made for horses and drenched in molasses probably helped! Never did it for my TB, though--I was too "grown up", and plus this is the horse who had to learn to like carrots, was picky about apples, and had to bite sugar cubes daintily in half before eating them. Wouldnt' eat store-bought horse cookies at all. I think a birthday cake would have broken his brain.

Happy belated Birthday Andy! Very cute. I'm glad you shared her special day w/ us, even if she didn't like the cake.

My "baby" boy's birthday was Sunday also. He's 8 and still very much a toddler, but wears big boy pants. (He's a stallion so there's no other way.) He got a hug for his Birthday. Didn't want to make his girls jealous cause they didn't get anything "extra".

My "old" man's official birthday is in May. I might do something special for him. He'll be 23.
    A Merrick N Dream Farm
    Proud Member of "Someone Special to me serves in the Military" Clique

He looks so happy. By the way i looove your grey horse, he/she is very cute.

Well Happy Birthday to Andy! Great pics. She looks just fabulous for her age.

You've got two lucky horses there, V.S.. Well loved.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, guys.

I knew Andy wouldn't like her cake. She's very cautious about new foods and she doesn't like anything mushy. But I was surprised how much she enjoyed all the fussing over her. I think, with the sash, she thought she was being awarded a championship or something. I love her full-of-herself expression. She's still a show pony deep down inside.

Queen Andrea was funny with the tiara. A couple of times she flung it off expertly with a single shake of her head, like she'd been doing it all her life.

The grey gelding, Big Bird, is coming four.

Default Get Big Bird a Pterodactyl (sp?)

Coming four, I think he's might be entering the Dinosaur Fascination phase of his life. There is not shortage of dinosaur crap one can buy for children.

Given his name, perhaps he would appreciate a look at his very distant and bad-ass ancestors. You might also sneak in a little education about evolutionary biology (or Creationism, as you choose) by introducing him to Archeopteryx (sp?) --the "missing link" between birds and reptiles. Won't he feel smart at school!

MVP, I can just see me outside his stall, playing with plastic dinosaur figures on the top of the stall door and reading to him from dinosaur books. Why not Origin of Species while I'm at it...