The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Our show got rescheduled also today. This was a winter series that the first two shows were in November and December. It was to cold for the other shows. Now it is mucky.

My horse was spunky today from being in his stall. I rode him and he was full of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaw View Post
    Yes. It will stop raining when its time for the grass to grow. Then we will have a drought until July.

haha, my thoughts exactly. NC always has the craziest weather. The past two weeks have been no exception. Snowing one week, 80 degrees the next, then 30 degrees and raining after that. Those few days of sun were amazing though.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.... anyway, I am not complaining about the rain, just the slick yuckieness under all that water. We desperately need the rain. I just wish it wouldn't come with all that mud. I don't want to turn out for fear of injuries, I have 2 that play really hard and I am afraid they will slip and fall and hurt themselves. I have another one that can't have the grass... its going to be a long week.

Karen

Yea the pastures and paddocks look like rivers, I feel so bad for the ones out, they do have shelter to get under and the barn to run into and most are rugged, but still, they look so bored!!
    Mine won't come in. I put her in her stall the other day to "dry out" for an hour, eat some hay, get a dry blanket. You'd have thought I was beating her- bucking, rearing. I let her back out in the cold rain- happy as a clam to be out in the misery. After that incident, I figure she won't melt and let her be.

I think I would've rather it actually rained the last 3 days here. We had lots of cloudy skies and drizzle Friday - Sunday but really no ACTUAL rain. Finally about noon today it decided to rain. If it's going to do it, I'd rather it go ahead and get it over with instead of just threatening
    "Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field." --Dwight D Eisenhower

Boston Terrier Rescue of NC - www.btrnc.org - Adopt for Life!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetiki View Post
    Yuck, yuck, yuck.... anyway, I am not complaining about the rain, just the slick yuckieness under all that water. We desperately need the rain. I just wish it wouldn't come with all that mud. I don't want to turn out for fear of injuries, I have 2 that play really hard and I am afraid they will slip and fall and hurt themselves. I have another one that can't have the grass... its going to be a long week.

Karen
    That's why I prefer mine out in it....at least then, they get tired of it too....much less likely to go nuts. Our poor stallions have been in all weekend, I wouldn't want to be the one leading those guys out tomorrow for turnout.

When it snowed...we were going to leave them in....but both the BM and myself were there late that night....and both opted to toss ours out in blankets.

I think we baby them too much sometimes...I don't care if mine get wet..I'd rather them be out in it than to risk them acting like fools after days of confinement.

Dalpal, I agree

and.. it's raining again
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Been pouring all afternoon and no end in sight! Just an absolute mess here! I was supposed to be having a schooling show here on Sunday, but not getting hardly any entries (heck noone can ride to get ready!) so likely going to cancel it. Besides would probably be too wet even if it stops,

Rained again today for the second day of the clinic, but at least only misting while I was riding, so I could hear Jennifer over the loudspeaker. We were trying so very hard not to get off the pavement into the grass so we did not tear up the grass. Having a tagalong with a tighter turning radius then the goosenecks, I was a bit more successful.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello