The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rolex entries

Just wondering when all the entries are typically in for Rolex - it seems to be a very short list right now - is there a closing date?

I wouldn't worry about the entries this year.

In the coming couple weeks, the list will get much longer.

The closing date is usually at the end of March, but I know Janie sometimes accepts late entries.
    "Fifteen minutes of excellent work is better than an hour and a half of wandering aimlessly around." -Col. Bengt Ljundquist

Almost no US riders have entered yet (or have been posted on the site.) I expect many more (Many many) US riders on the list.

Can horse & rider qualify separately?

Default Buck davidson?

Is he qualified? thought I'd see him entered.

Bumping this up.

Entries close Monday. Here's to hoping the office is very, very busy processing entries!
    When life gives you lemons. . .say &%^# you lemons! And throw those lemons back in life's face so that it will be afraid of you and won't try that crap again!

I was just thinking about this too. I wonder why hardly any entries are listed from the USA. I think I counted 9?
    “I always knew I had the ability, I just had to find the horse to get me there.” - Calvin Borel, on riding Street Sense to victory in the 2007 Kentucky Derby

It's always this way. They don't update the website every time an entry comes in. Several days after closing they'll put up a bunch of names, and then it gets edited as horses are pulled.

Fun to see so many new (to Rolex) names!

I am always amazed...and a bit saddened really...when you compare this to Badminton where by this time in the application process that Badminton is FULL and many riders are balloted out where as rolex struggles to fill all of the available spots on offer. In a country this size one would think we would have far more horses and riders at this level. You can have badminton full...horses not accepted are re-routed to either Bramham or Punchestown (spring) or Luhmulen (summer) and then you still have 200 advanced horses running at Chatsworth in spring. Where are our our numbers here?

Snoopy, when it comes to that the US is realy an island, Badminton and so on can draw from all over Europe and geting there is nothing more than a couple of days on the road, especialy now with the Chunel.
    This year will be a boom year for Rolex, because it is the test event for 2010.
    The Germans plan to bring 4 teams, consider the cost, they are spending a pretty Dollar
    That I have no use for them, does not mean, that I don't know them and don't know how to use them.
    Caveman extraordinair

Default Rolex

Actually the Germans are bringing 3 riders as of an e-mail I received from their coach, Christopher Bartle, two days ago. EEI is posting these entries as they get them, so as stated earlier I don't think anything is being "held" out right now, I think there are either many Americans waiting until the last minute to enter or we are just going to see fewer Americans ride this year at Rolex. I for one am very happy to see this many foreign riders come over and ride Rolex this year. I think we are all going to be in for a treat to see some of the best of the best in the WORLD here, not just in America.

Exclamation The Fredericks

On Eventing Radio this week Lucinda and Clayton Fredericks had expressed a strong interest in coming to Kentucky with Headley Britannia and The Frog. Fingers crossed they still will : )

http://eventingradio.horseradionetwo...da-fredericks/

Quote Originally Posted by fatorangehorse View Post
    Is he qualified? thought I'd see him entered.
    I am pretty sure he is planning on bringing Reggie (Balleynoe Castle RM) and Bobby (My Boy Bobby). At least thats what I heard from him.
    -Hannah

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

Quote Originally Posted by Regal Grace View Post
    Lucinda Fredericks ...Headley Britannia
    Now there is a good darn reason for me to go to Rolex
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

Not going this year, but as I looked into the webcast I see that it is pay-per-view now. Kanga or anyone, how will that work? Will it work on a mac?

Default Rolex

CookiePony-

It will work on a MAC and the Rolex website will provide a link to Playon, where sign up will take place.

Thanks

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

I'm getting really excited about this year's Rolex just looking at all the great horses and riders who will be there from all over the world. There's an Australian and a South American even.

I do have a question since I've just made out my ticket application. Is there any way on the website to find out if and which grandstand seats are still available?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

Quote Originally Posted by Kanga View Post
    CookiePony-

It will work on a MAC and the Rolex website will provide a link to Playon, where sign up will take place.
    That sounds like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I'm getting really excited about this year's Rolex just looking at all the great horses and riders who will be there from all over the world. There's an Australian and a South American even.

I do have a question since I've just made out my ticket application. Is there any way on the website to find out if and which grandstand seats are still available?
    Viney,

If you go to the online ticket sales you can pick your seats, you have to go through the page to purchase them and then a screen will pop up that shows where they've got you placed and give you the option to change it.