The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by arabhorse2 View Post
    I do not need another horse!
    Need? Need a horse? What an interesting concept.

I was at the auction horror at New Holland...there was a 12.2 hand sweet donkey molly..just turned 2 1/2, and she'd already had a baby...I so wanted to take her home...the barn owner wouldn't give a break on her board, so there she stayed...I so wish I was able to get the little girl. I would have paid $100/month to keep her, $250 a month for field board was just too dear.

I've posted his pedigree on allbreed

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/ez+season+ticket

I'm going to call my husband and tell him I'm going to bid on him. I've got an 18 year old arabian mare who I plan to rein again this year. 18 is not old, especially for an arabian with his pedigree. Love Abu Farwa. Tons of good horses in his pedigree.

I registered, now waiting for a password?

I'm not going to bid high, would just like him to be out of kill buyer range. I hope someone who has a clue about horses buys him.

Argh. I notice he's on fugly today - or I guess it was yesterday? If somebody winds up with him, please let the rest of us know. I bet that fellow's got a lot of miles left in him.
    I never rode a broke horse but then maybe I'm a sorry hand. - Ray Hunt

Chase the trouble. - Buck Brannaman

Thank you guys for buying him. My bid never went through. (I'm sure Charlotte is glad ). I knew this guy in his prime and would love for him to find a home. Am trying to contact the previous owners, as I knew them years ago, too.

Will chip in for shipping.

Steph (who doesn't need another horse, at all!)

"Sure wish they listed how tall he was."

Trak, there is an info number--maybe someone there can tell you? <wink wink>

What a lovely boy. Here is hoping someone gets him.
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

I have someone in VA who very much wants a horse just like this and has been looking. She is trying to call the contact number now to get more info. While blindingly brilliant, with only 6 hours to go we may need some help to make sure we get signed up and can bid and hopefully get info from his past owner.

Its an excellent home and she is not far and can just go and get him herself. We just need all available info on the horse ASAP so when she bids and buys him she does not find out tomorrow he was retired for unsoundness or rearing or something.

I called to find out his height...no response yet.

I think he's cute...course', I think they're all cute.

hisaraitsme Guest

I was just alerted to this horse by a friend, I believe she has posted something about me ( Equinelaw) ..he is exactly what I am looking for: I have a youngster coming along but he's only 3 and I need a horse to tide me over ( in endurance) until he is ready. Is anyone on this thread seriously bidding? Does anyone have any more information about him??

We found the person who donated him. It was not his former owner. Waiting on why he was donated and for the Vet listed on the auction site to call back.

I bid on him, but only because I know him and want him to find a good home. I have a retired IR pony, a cushings horse, and a nutty gelding I ride, like Chardave said I don't need another mouth to feed. Just wanted him above kill buyer price.

http://www.doublejoy.com/erol/Indivi...rseHistory.asp here's a link to his history; I saw him at the Carolina 100 years ago. Looks like he had a respectable ride record, nothing really fast. I don't recall him having issues, but his rides are more NE than SE (where I am). I saw him a few times, and rode him around camp, I believe, but it's been years ago.

I hope you get him and am happy with him.

He is probably looking for a pasture puff companion type home. He was not 100% sound when donated. I am not sure if we will bid because we are looking for a riding horse. If someone else gets him and he turns out to be sound, then he has a home, but the pastures are full of puffs and not a riding horse in sight.

What was wrong with him when he was donated?

Default He's 15.2 - 16 hands

Just got a call from them...he's 15.2 - 16 hands.

He's healthy and there's nothing wrong with him.

They've also had a tough weekend with idiots whining and calling to bitch he's not being sold at an auction.

So, this is a big guy...c'mon guys...he needs a good home.

Ticket is awesome. He has wonderful manners. He is very personable.

Quote Originally Posted by StefffiC View Post
    What was wrong with him when he was donated?
    I know what I was told, but who knows if its true? Or if he got better? Talking to the Vet now with the info given.

Fingers crossed. Although its an excellent home and he would never be dumped were he to go lame later, I do not want to be the one that sends my friend out to buy a lame horse to add to her collection of puffy pastures.

She would certainly likely buy him and go get him if he could be re-homed at a later date if he is not sound now.

I
    I worked with Ticket on the study that ended last month and trailered him back to Middleburg. He loads easily. Has great feet. No vices.
    He was an IR arab but if kept at the appropriate weight he is no longer IR.

Quote Originally Posted by smilton View Post
    Ticket is awesome. He has wonderful manners. He is very personable.
    You know him?? Is he safe to ride? No spook no buck no rear no trying to kill you for fun? Not beginner safe,but at least not Krazy?

Quote Originally Posted by smilton View Post
    I
    I worked with Ticket on the study that ended last month and trailered him back to Middleburg. He loads easily. Has great feet. No vices.
    He was an IR arab but if kept at the appropriate weight he is no longer IR.
    Ahhhhhhhh. Does he need to be kept off grass? He can eat grass hay and is sound unless not managed properly?

We never rode him in the study but I know he was ridden in other studies. He has been on a treadmill as well. I know there is a minimum bid to keep him from going to kill buyers. They have tried for 2 years to locate his former owner with no luck. There are a few other of the arabs that are up for adoption as their former owners did wave rights.

He has been on pasture with out issue. They do have another up for adoption that must be dry lotted but as far as I know Ticket has no history of founder as that was important for the last study.