The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Someone please bid on this horse! EZ Season Ticket- Arabian endurance

Man, a friend just showed me this horse being auctioned off with other government items, desks, chairs, printing presses, dumptrucks, water pumps, ambulances, to mention a few items, it just doesn't seem right?

http://www.govdeals.com/eas/itmDispl...30&acctID=1563

I do not need another horse, I do not need another horse, I do not need another horse....

He looks to be such a sweet guy!! He is guaranteed sound. Maybe someone can contact a previous owner to him and let them know?

What the auction says about him : "This is an Arabian Gelding Horse, 18 years old, he is grey in color and goes by the name of EZ Season Ticket. He was used as a 100 mile endurance horse in his earlier years and he is sound. He was used for exercise physiology and nutrition research, he is a very well behaved horse. "

I would put up $20.00 towards the bid for someone to buy him or towards shipping, I know it's not much and I wish I could do more but money is so tight right now...
    Last edited by Chardavej; Mar. 14, 2009 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added Arabian Endurance to title
    I want a signature but I have nothing original to say except: "STHU and RIDE!!!

Wonderful COTHER's I've met: belleellis, stefffic, snkstacres and janedoe726.

He is a nice looking horse. If it weren't for the uncertain economy, I wouldn't mind going up to see him. Well bred Polish-Crabbet.

Where'd you find his pedigree?

Maybe Pandora looked up his registered name, "EZ Season Ticket?" Is there a website for Arabian horse registrations like AQHA?

Quote Originally Posted by Chardavej View Post
    Maybe Pandora looked up his registered name, "EZ Season Ticket?" Is there a website for Arabian horse registrations like AQHA?
    He isn't on the Allbreedpedigree.com site. The Arab registry does have its pedigrees online but it costs so damn much to be able to use it...

The AERC Members have a lookup for endurance horses which is linked to Arabian Horse Datasource:

EZ SEASON TICKET (AHR*476045)

Sire: SREZRA IBN FARWA (AHR*147109) (ELSINORE ABUFARZA (AHR*35607) and KARADJIL (AHR*75288))

Dam: KJ SIERRA (AHR*298566) (*KARADJORDJE (AHR*38066) and MAYAS AMERIGA (AHR*97143))

I looked at who the endurance rider of record was for this horse (all the same rider). I posted a note to the Endurance forum at Endurance.net in the hope that someone may notify the previous owners/riders/friends of this horse about the auction. I Googled like crazy, but couldn't come up with current contact information for them.

Here's hoping he gets a great home. Kudos to Chardavej for giving us the heads up about this deserving guy.

Cool web site - there are bids on the guy already!
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Toirider thank you so much for cross posting him! He just LOOKS like such a nice horse. He reminds me of a horse I used to board here named Stevie, looks like his twin, especially the face, and Stevie is such a good horse, he's 20 and still going strong! He looks and acts like a 8 year old.

I wish I could take credit for finding him on that site but another friend who also posts here told me about him and for some reason her home computer wont let her log on so she called and showed me the sight and asked if I would post him here, Stefffic, hopefully someone will bid on him before she does, LOL! She, like me, does NOT need another mouth to feed, especially since both of us has special needs horses.

Oh also wanted to add Stefffic said she could put $20.00 towards his purchase or shipping also.

I have access to the AHA database which gave me the EZ's complete pedigree. It is full of athletic lines but it is not easily transferred to here. Too large!

His previous owner's address is listed but I'm assuming they donated him and not sure if I want to give out this information. Besides, a post was made on the ridecamp forum so if they are still around, word should get to them.

If this horse is sound, this is a great opportunity for someone. I would drive up if I had the room.

It's probably a blessing that I don't have my own place otherwise it would be filled to the brim, and then some.

you can post the pedigree on All breed pedigree - he sure is a nice looking horse, and looks like he'sbeen well cared for where ever he is.

As I posted last night, I posted to the endurance forum (Ridecamp) at Endurance.net about this situation last night. I received a reply from an old friend of the previous owner. She is out of touch with the owner, but they have mutual friends who she will forward the e-mail to.

There have been 6 bids on the horse. Hopefully the people bidding are students of the college who are familiar with the horse rather than Kill buyers.

Bump for a good horse. God, I wish I could get him. But it would be suicidal for me and the four horses already here, and the ten dogs, and the four cats, and the cockatiel. But d*mn, I hope he gets a good home. He deserves one.

Wow, he looks like a real sweetheart! In my "neighborhood" too. Wish I had the $ to support another one; I really like him.

I did pass on the link to the VAHorses group, many of which live in northern VA, in hopes that will increase his chances of winding up in a good home. Thanks for posting about him.
    Equus Keepus Brokus

Gorgeous build. I love that arabian line. DAMN, if I had my own place...I would take him in a heartbeat.

I do hope so bad that he gets a good home. Fingers crossed for him...I don't know why he just looks like such a sweet boy.

Default If only I were closer.

I have a real soft spot for arabs. My oldest is 30 now and still going strong (as a pasture puff). I would take an older experienced arab any day to get my younger ones out on the trail.

Hope this guy finds a great home If I were close enough I would be putting in the bids.

Sure wish they listed how tall he was.

He's up to $180...how sad...jeeze, and he's not that far from me either...this hurts.

I wish they did put the size on him, maybe 14.1?

Awww, he looks like my 11 y/o gelding, Casper. What a sweet face!

He's FAR too close to me, and I do not need another horse!
    The plural of anecdote is not data.