The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those videos can look a little rough if you don't realize that AC4H's "rough" treatment (putting one of those big, brave guys on some skinny beasts with no understanding of their background) is what gets those horses seen by people like you, who then fall in love with them and give them happy, loving homes.

Super fair trade I think.

She's going to look like a different horse after a few months of good care, congratulations on your new girl- I think she looks like a total sweetheart!

Bless you. You are a good soul. Tiana is a beautiful name for this special mare. I bet that she will bring alot of love into your lives.

She's just lovely! Her face reminds me of my Buttercup who lived to be about 38 and was the most amazing horse ever. I got her from a riding school that was closing down when she was about 31, also thin but not quite as thin as your girl. She later was often referred to as "Butterball" instead of "Buttercup"! LOL! Good luck and have a safe trip on Monday!
    She wasn't running away with me, I just couldn't stop her!

Oh, my. What a beautiful lady she is. I bet she was someone's pride and joy once - and thanks to you I bet she will be again. I can't wait to see pics of her in her new home.

Any updates AspenLucas? I'm so excited for her arrival.

Default She arrived!!!

Yes she arrived last night. It was a long day for the hauler but not for Tiana. She is settled into the big stall in the lower barn, she is alone but it has an overhang and she can see out. We are doing this to make sure she is quarantined til we make sure she has not contagious diseases. Her eyes are so bright! She has not given up on life. She is skinny but I'm sure she could be worse. Her feet need trimmed, but all in all she looks pretty good. As the broker was feeding her hay. I have started her on hay and then three very small meals of senior and probios. She has a "used" udder. My guess looking at her is that she had a foal last year and was allowed to be run down. She loves people, she loves kids. Her teeth make her look around 14 and she seems to chew just fine. I am excited for her progress and I will definitely get pictures tonight. My quote of the day is "I can't save every rescue, but yesterday life changed for just one". And though I was upset with thinking of the money I was spending. I got word last night that someone was committing to buy a yearling. So God is watching out for me and telling me I did the right thing for Tiana! I got my daughter's pony also. He's 10.1 hairy beast with feathers and thin with crappy feet (snowshoes almost). Their feet are almost like cardboard. Good feed and trimming will turn that around! Thanks for asking! I can't wait to take some nice head shots of her, her head is remarkable! And the eye~
    Maria Hayes-Frosty Oak Stables
    Home to All Eyez On Me, 1998 16.2 Cleveland Bay Sporthorse Stallion
    & FrostyOak Hampton 2008 Pure Cleveland Bay Colt
    www.frostyoaks.com

We will be looking forward to pictures
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

Quote Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
    We will be looking forward to pictures

Good luck with her

Thanks for the update AspenLucas!

Please post photos of both of them when you get some time! I am also so glad to hear that her eyes are bright and full of life!

Oh, she does look very sweet - and thank you so much for sharing some good news, it is so much needed these days! (I am sorry about your accident and hope it is only minor).

Would love to see pix when you get her home - with a face like hers, I'm sure we'll all be glad to see the relief in her eyes to have been given a real chance. Thank you!

P.S. I posted once before about the supplement Cool Calories which really worked on my horse when he lost a bunch of weight. It adds calories without adding energy - you may want to check it out and talk to your vet to see if it seems appropriate. I've had GREAT luck with it.