The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pretty Black male Pittbull

Hey There!

If anyone has a rescue group he could go to, please let me know. I have three dogs and a large horse farm. He is not in danger of being euthanized and will remain at my farm in Eastern NC until the right home is found. Here is his story:

I was going to pick up a horse and was in the middle of no where and a dog ran in front of my truck and trailer. He was in bad shape so I stopped and went over to him, he collapsed in a ditch, exhausted. He is a dog that should weigh 75 pounds and weighed 22 when I brought him to the vet. I have never seen a dog that was so thin. I brought him to my farm and he has put on a ton of weight and muscle. He has obviously had a bad life and needs to be socialized.

He is very sweet, a little shy but not aggressive. He is beautiful to look at! I think he just needs his own person to love him.

The only shelter in my area is a high kill shelter ( they kill 1500 animals a month, tragic). I hope that someone will adopt him or know of a rescue group that could take him. He is worth it as he is very sweet. He should hate the world for the way he has been treated.

Thanks for looking!

Heidi

Default Pretty Black male Pitbull

Glad you came along to find him.He certainly would not have lived much longer. Good luck. Poor but lucky boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast First View Post
    The only shelter in my area is a high kill shelter ( they kill 1500 animals a month
    Jesus. That's a lot of animals, even taking into account the cats. There are a lot of pit bull rescues out there; be careful which one you pick. There are worse things than euthanasia for a homeless dog - one is being in a kennel or foster limbo for years, another is ending up shot by a cop after a bad placement.

Fast First, you have a PM.

Default pitbull

Thanks for the info. He will always have a home here at my farm. I think he would do better in a one on one family.

I agree, it is tragic that our shelter kills so many animals. We are right near a large military base. The animals only get 4 days until they die.

I will check my PM!

He is a stunning dog and very sweet.