The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default barn drama just a vent

okay sorry i didn't make a paragraph or didn't complete my sentences i was upset.

just a vent feel a little better now!
    Last edited by zippandrich; Apr. 23, 2009 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zippandrich View Post
    Okay i moved my horse into a public boarding barn almost a year ago. From a barn from heck.

The only girl i knew up there welcomed me with open arms and we were fine into about 3 or 4 months ago. I go to school/ and work so by the time i get off work i just want to see my horse ride and go home, the bm is 2 years older then me so we slowly started to talk to each other and from a friendship the girl i know lets call her sally is 17 i think, maybe 18 i'm 22 and bm which we'll call mallory is 24.

Mallory and Sally started to look for training horses all winter
    everything was cool nothing was said since sally was her sallys mom's eyes the number one person to mallory
    the barn went around love joy and peace.
    Mallory took her soon to be husband to get a horse and sally got mad and p'd that she wasn't allowed to go. then all heck has broken out.

Mallory and I are doing C.M.O which is a trail ride treasure hunt this summer, figured we've shown our whole lifes lets try this. So we have been riding at night to avoid the blow up that we know is going to happen once sally and her mom find out that we are doing something together with out sally.

Friday was 76 so i called mallory and said hey lets go trail riding today, so the answer was yea can brenda who cleans the barn go? which my answer was yup! So i get off work and run up there start to load horses and the 2 show horses will not get in the trailer so once they are in sally and her mom are pulling in, sallys mom gets in bm mom's face and tells her off asking what the hell is going on; corners another mom and flips out.

Sally calls the sweetest girl fat to her face then says you never get anything done with your horse why do you ride??? which another girl call her a bitch. Okay sallys horse is lame she's been off for about 4 months big time is always lame in my eyes but big lame for months; So sallys mom is out of town this week, she text's girl that she called fat's mom and ask whats for dinner?? um hello??? she then show up at the barn at 6 doesn't touch her horse talks to the girl who is fat and acts like nothign is wrong. She will not talk to me which i don't care because i swear to god she's biopolar

then mallory was talking to me once sally left and said she talked to everyone but you didn't she? um yup she leaves the min i get there which i honestly don't mind

Mallory and her soon to be husband live on the farm which sally has basically said is it okay to stay with you guys? in the winter which the answer is no. So that comment came up last-night between everyone besides sally, which mallorys answer was the only way you stay with us is if you are to drunk to drive home lol Told mallory later in the day i could serisouly get you in the shit house and say i've stayed with you guys lol she just laughed.

Who's on first?
    Sounds like too many hormones in a confined space to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    Who's on first?
    Sounds like too many hormones in a confined space to me.
    i'd love to say its all hormones lmao but i don't honestly know if it is they go to rolex tonight thank gosh

You're 22?!

Seriously?

I mean, even with AF's paragraph insertions and additional punctuation, the OP is barely intelligible. Made my head hurt.

"Mallory and Sally started to look for training horses all winter everything was cool nothing was said since sally was her sallys mom's eyes the number one person to mallory the barn went around love joy and peace...."

HUH???

OP: stop sweating the small stuff.
    Last edited by Sansena; Apr. 23, 2009 at 11:02 AM. Reason: read for comprehension. Unsuccessfully. (andyesiknowmyspellingsucks)

Default Hay

Yeah, I couldn't get past the unintelligible tangle of words and no punctuation...
    Sorry! But that barn smell is my aromatherapy!
    One of our horsey bumper stickers! www.horsehollowpress.com
    Add Very Funny Horse Bumper Stickers on facebook

I couldn't wade through that endless run-on sentence either. If a poster wants other people to READ their post and maybe put in the time to respond, it would be a good idea for the OP to put in the effort to use punctuation, grammar, capitalization, decent spelling, and paragraphs. It's not *just* courtesy to the reader (though it is DEFINITELY that!), it's *communicating* effectively.

So many times, someone will misread or misunderstand even a *well*-written post and respond with something from left field, which sidetracks the thread as others fail to notice the error. What a shame. But with something like the post above, there's even LESS chance that a careful reader can make sense of it in spite of putting in the time to try to figure out what the writer is trying to say.

The initial post on this thread is so mangled, it's not worth the effort to decode it. If the poster can't take the time and put in the effort to communicate even remotely clearly, why bother to put in the time to figure out what she's trying to say -- it obviously doesn't matter enough to her to have made any attempt to make her point clearly to the readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sansena View Post
    Seriously?

I mean, even with AF's paragraph insertions and additional punctuation, the OP is barely intelligible. Made my head hurt.

"Mallory and Sally started to look for training horses all winter everything was cool nothing was said since sally was her sallys mom's eyes the number one person to mallory the barn went around love joy and peace...."

HUH???

OP: stop sweating the small stuff.
    Yes, sorry but I also could barely understand what was written. Wish I could offer some help, but I just can't figure out that mush of words!

How do people make it so far in life not being able to construct a proper paragraph?

I call it 'Generation Text'

Quote Originally Posted by Angela Freda View Post
    I call it 'Generation Text'
    Oh, don't get me wrong, I love texting and I'm in my 20's. Though, I will admit that I have one of the full keyboard phones that allows me to construct full and proper sentences complete with punctuation.

Okay...I read it. (the paragraph version--thank you Angela) and I STILL don't get it.

At all.

Best I can figure...Sally and Mallory don't get along and someone's mom is nasty. And the OP trail rides. And shops for horses. And failed Comp 101.

A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post
    Okay...I read it. (the paragraph version--thank you Angela) and I STILL don't get it.

At all.

Best I can figure...Sally and Mallory don't get along and someone's mom is nasty. And the OP trail rides. And shops for horses. And failed Comp 101.

Sounds like Middle School to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zippandrich View Post

Well you feel better now-so Good!

Ok OP DEEP BREATH.......And put down the Redbull....

Let's see if I can get the gist of what is going on....

Sally was your friend......You moved to same boarding barn....
    You dared to develop a friendship with Mallory, the BO ( or the BO daughter?).
    This new friendship sometimes includes Sally, sometimes doesn't.

Sally and her mother seem to think that you can't do things with this friend in common unless Sally is involved....Hmmmm....I think this says alot about Sally and her mom....

OMG....At 22, PLEASE just ignore this girl.....She hasn't gotten past the possessiveness of Jr. High relationships....Feel sorry for her if you must, but take the high road and just be pleasant and don't get sucked into the drama....unless of course you enjoy it....
    Crayola Posse: Mulberry

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRoo View Post

At all.

Don't forget, someone called someone else "Fat!"

OP wear your Ipod to the barn. That's all I got.

Default Hay

Previous poster said: "Don't forget, someone called someone else "Fat!"

Oh my God! The above comment and "You can't ride" are words of war in the horse world!!! Let the games begin!

(Have you ever noticed in the horse world when someone is mad at another and they go on and on in a diatribe of insults and the last insult is: "She can't even ride!"? To anyone else, "She can't even ride!" is a who cares statement but to horse people it is words of war and usually turns into an entertaining pissing match for the rest of us! Arh, arh!)
    Sorry! But that barn smell is my aromatherapy!
    One of our horsey bumper stickers! www.horsehollowpress.com
    Add Very Funny Horse Bumper Stickers on facebook

The OP is 22?
    I'm 16, and that paragraph makes my teeth sweat!!

Ditto the poster who said to bring your iPod to the barn.
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

Quote Originally Posted by FancyFree View Post
    OP wear your Ipod to the barn. That's all I got.
    Yep
    CRAYOLA POSSE - Olive Green
    Champions aren't born. They are built little by little, day by day, with patience and love for the art. -Nick Skelton

Good grief !! This sounds and READS like a grammar school drama. OP, if you want to vent please leave us out of this but IF you want to get some feedback please return to school and learn basic sentence structure, spelling, grammar, etc. I sure hope you do not speak like you write....