The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Animal Communication

So for the most part, I am not sure I believe in the whole thing. But today my mom stopped by the barn with a friend of hers that does the communication thing. And she spoke with my mare....and apparently my mare is more in tune with me than I thought. She is concerned about my health. She thinks that I need to take better care of myself and need to see the doctor. Who knew? And she is very concerned about my headaches....which was really strange because I did not mention that to either my mom or her friend....but I did have a splitting headache today. And I also had some cramps which my mare mentioned (also didn't mention that to either mom or friend) And when I asked the communicator to ask her if she wanted to be bred, my mare said that I was the one who wanted the baby. Funny because my DH and I are trying right now. And my mare is also concerned that the new horse is going to hurt me. I just got a new one in to start working with and he hasn't been started yet and is a little goosey. It was just a bit weird. I am stil not sure I am a believer but it was definately an interesting experience.

Default Which reminds me of the question...

Why don't psychics win all the lotteries?

(Sorry, not picking on anybody, just couldn't resist...)

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley View Post

Everyone knows that animals are not good at numbers and that's why.

Even Clever Hans had to depend on subliminal signals from the people around him, or he could not "count".

As long as you didn't have to pay for this...enjoy.

They do!

http://www.psychic-junkie.com/psychic-wins-lottery.html

Quote Originally Posted by gloriginger View Post

If my mother had a "psychic friend" come by they could "read" the power pole out front and it would "tell" my mother's friend that I need to take better care of my health, lose weight, that I need a haircut and look sooooo much better with my hair away from my face and the I should stay away from young green horses and find a nice Doctor to marry and have a baby."

Its funny how psychics think like our mothers?

They might win every now and then (even a stopped clock is right twice a day).

But wha't sure is that the Psychic Hot Line went bankrupt.

And Randi's prize is still there for the taking (if not for much longer).

G.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazelnut View Post
    As long as you didn't have to pay for this...enjoy.
    Nope Kind of took it like a palm reading or tea leaves....totally for fun. She just said a few things that I thought were really kind of weird. Pretty good guesses that were really random information.

I had a very... interesting... experience with an animal communicator. I tried it as kind of a last resort, with a horse I was pulling my hair out over. I figured, if nothing else, I could chalk it up to entertainment.

Well, this woman was spot on.

I mailed her a photo of the horse. The only information I provided was her barn name, the city she was in, and her age. I purposely chose a photo that showed her standing asleep in cross ties (this mare, under saddle, was inconsistent - some days perfect, other days rearing and spinning. Over $2000 of vetting hadn't found a reason).

My purpose was to find out why she had so much resistance to riding. Was there pain anywhere? Past abuse?

The VERY first thing the woman said to me, without a single word from me was, "I don't want to canter anymore please. I have too many legs and it's too hard for me to figure out how to start. You're lucky, you only have two legs. Can we do something that doesn't involve cantering?"

This shocked me, because the canter depart was where we had issues. Nowhere else. Some days she would step off into her canter like a seasoned equitation horse. Other days I'd ask, and she would just stand there in a panic and then blow up. I swear I could HEAR the static buzzing between her ears as she tried to figure out what to do LOL.

So, I made the horse a driving horse and showed her successfully in harness for two years. Now, as an older, more mature horse, she's had two trainers who were patient with her and taught her how to canter without panicking. In fact, she is now the mount for a 7 year old girl...

She also said some things about my car (it sounded funny, which it did - the muffler had just fallen off), my boyfriend (why didn't he like her, which he didn't), and her neighbor horse (she asked if he was coming to her new home. Um... how did she know I was moving her two weeks later to a new barn???).

So, I'd have to say, this woman was amazing to me. I have the entire conversation on tape, and I listen to it once in awhile to see if there are any instances of me providing clues. Everyone who's heard it says the same thing - nowhere did I say a thing that would lead her to these statements.

Oh, this whole thing was over the phone, too. Not in person. So body language didn't play a role.

Even still, I'm a bit of a skeptic. I don't know what to think - I will never say it's a reliable, exact science, but given that there are so many unknowns in the universe, I'd have to say it's POSSIBLE.

When someone tells me how right on the spot a fortune teller was, I ask what percentage of all that they were told were those things that were right on the spot?
    Do they want me to do a cold reading and see how much of what I say fits and will they honestly ignore all that doesn't fit, if it is simple me doing it, not someone with special magical powers?

yup, my thoughts too Bluey.
    headaches, cramps and wanting a baby are very very common in women of childbearing age. The comments in the second poster's experience are quite general as well and open to the reader's interpretation. And our brains delight in finding things that fit together.
    My horses communicate clearly to me. They tell me when they want treats, when their water buckets are empty or dirty, when the saddle doesn't feel good, etc. I wish they'd told me about the economic collapse we're facing now, a year ago...

If someone said to me "Your horse doesn't want to canter anymore, I have too many legs and its confusing" I could take each of my 4 horses and fit it into what is happening for them in the last few rides. For sure it is the little pacer's issue.
    The western pleasure horse is fat and out of shape, so it fits for her too.
    The one dressage horse is learning flying changes and that is confusing.
    The other dressage horse is learning advanced canter work like pirouettes and tempis and that's hard too.
    "The Threat of Internet Ignorance: ... we are witnessing the rise of an age of equestrian disinformation, one where a trusting public can graze on nonsense packaged to look like fact."-LRG-AF

How many of you, gave the animal communicator your full name, your horse's name and the city? How many of post on Internet chat boards, using your horse's name (if not your own). How many of you post ALL sorts of things about your horse?

How many of you are of a certain age, gender, ring on finder, no ring on finger, dressed a certain way, wear your hair a certain way, are into dressage/western/hunter and it shows in how you carry yourself Then you get into type of horse: one look at my horses and you know they have oftenissues with cantering. Look at our hanoverian and you know that he is one difficult horse. A perceptive person can glean a whole lifetime with a few careful glances, even a photograph.

As to changing a horse's career, based on the psychic saying the horse doesn't want to canter because they feel clumsy. Too bizarre. What young/not cantered enough horse "likes" to canter with a rider. Most of my horses go through lots of phases and when you push too hard and blow it, you start back at the training level, find the gaps and resolve the problem - working back up through the pyramid. I am glad it worked out, that now she is being ridden but I have to wonder at anyone who choses to no longer ride (even for two years) based on an...animal communicator.

"I mailed her a photo of the horse. The only information I provided was her barn name, the city she was in, and her age." That is about as much information as I would need to determine all sorts of stuff, including that you had an issue, as you were hiring her after all other attempts to fix the problems failed. You gave her weather conditions, season, type of horse, type of barn, type of tack, boarder or not, show or unshod, type of feet, comfornational issues, probably whether she was started, how far into her training (horse's age and type of horse and type of riding). Yep. You gave her everything she needed to deduce green horse, with issues, type of rider, etc. Then if she googled your name, telephone number, who also lived at your address, job history (all freely available), facebook, linked in, COTH, breed societies, what would come up? She could do all that in 15 minutes, if she had a set of search criteria. Think about it.
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s

Yep, I did think about it. She did not have my full name, or my horses' registered name. Breed was not identified, and it wasn't obvious from the picture. The photo cut out her feet, and as I said, it was of her standing asleep in crossties. At the time, I did not use my real name online, and there was nothing for her to find me on the internet.

Fortunately I show a breed where moving from driving to riding and back to driving is common. In fact, my current horse shows in BOTH at every show. I did not stop riding, nor did I change her career. It wasn't a life changing decision, it was just easier for both of us, I was able to still show her while her issues were worked out, and now we're both happy. I think it was a great idea!

I'm not running around telling people it's a foolproof thing. I haven't spent the money on it again, despite other issues with other horses. I remain skeptical. It was a fun conversation and if nothing else, got me thinking about other avenues for training.

I just found it interesting and as I said - there are so many unexplained things in this universe, I prefer to keep an open mind about things that no one can nail down with certainty.

And I'm sorry you all have cantering issues with your horses. That "stab in the dark" was risky, especially the way she described it and the details she provided (more was said that I did not share). My current horse has no such issues, and if I had been calling about him and she said anything remotely similar I would have hung up on her immediately, thinking she was a quack.

Ironically, even my chiropractor has used her. She helped locate a lost cat. So... as I said. I'm skeptical but I keep it in the "realm of the possible."

Quote Originally Posted by Cielo Azure View Post
    How many of you, gave the animal communicator your full name, your horse's name and the city? How many of post on Internet chat boards, using your horse's name (if not your own). How many of you post ALL sorts of things about your horse?
    okay....then explain to me how the animal communicator know that my cat, of unknown age had no teeth? Seems like a pretty risky thing to say to someone doesn't it? And no- I had not posted that on the internet prior to contacting AC.

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaw View Post
    If my mother had a "psychic friend" come by they could "read" the power pole out front and it would "tell" my mother's friend that I need to take better care of my health, lose weight, that I need a haircut and look sooooo much better with my hair away from my face and the I should stay away from young green horses and find a nice Doctor to marry and have a baby."

Its funny how psychics think like our mothers?
    Who knows Maybe my mom was giving me hints that I need to take better care of myself and figured I would listen to the horse

okay....then explain to me how the animal communicator know that my cat, of unknown age had no teeth? Seems like a pretty risky thing to say to someone doesn't it? And no- I had not posted that on the internet prior to contacting AC.
    Ok, I will explain.
    What they tell you is not what counts, is what you make of it, how you choose to think from what they say that makes it seem such a good fit, along with pure chance they may be right saying most anything, plus knowing what to say that most times can be a hit.

With all the people and dogs that go missing, if they really knew how to find them, not just guess at it, no one would go missing, right?

okay - what ever Bluey- I was interpreting her saying that my cat had no teeth to mean that, well geeze, I guess that she has no teeth- and guess what she doesn't. Sorry your explaination is just dumb.

okay - what ever Bluey- I was interpreting her saying that my cat had no teeth to mean that, well geeze, I guess that she has no teeth- and guess what she doesn't. Sorry your explaination is just dumb.
    Oh, I know my explanation is dumb, so is much in life, sorry to say.

Imagination is a great gift to us humans.

I don't know....

I just did this with my horse a week ago. And I DID pay for it.

She knew my full name (nothing to find on me on the internet), and horse's name, age, and breed. I emailed 2 pictures and both were head shots. She knew nothing about what discipline I ride nor what the problems were.....I just said she is a "sensitive horse" and we're "having some issues."

The questions I asked were pretty specific and could have led her to "create" some answers, but I don't think she did.

What was most surprising to me, like the OP, was how tuned in my horse was to me.....nothing really about my personal life, but how my own personality/anxieties were affecting HER. My mare said that my overprotectiveness was causing her major worry and that she didn't want me to approach her if I was feeling anxious in any way. *This is spot-on--I am a chronic worrier and have been uber-protective/worried about my horse for the past 10 months due to her various illnesses. I spend most of my time micro-managing her and her environment.*

The other interesting part was the communicator's assessment of my horse's personality. She said my horse is not funny or playful; in fact, she's shy and one-dimensional and is generally just a nervous horse.

To me, it was worth the money. Whether it's all true or not, it gave me a lot to think about, and a lot of insight into MYSELF and how I am around my horse.