The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default I Met MistyBlue!

I just got back from an extended trip to Connecticut (working on remodeling the soon-to-be Mr. KR's CT home). While there, I had the great pleasure of meeting up with MistyBlue! How fun to meet up with a fellow CoTHer, someone who has given me TONS of great advice (we have the same whole-farm generator, and I believe also the same floor scrubber, thanks to her advice!) ... and ... who is just a pip!

Three cheers to CoTH for bringing together such a great community. And thanks to MB for taking time out of a gorgeous spring afternoon to meet up with us, share a meal, and lots of stories.

I have met a couple of other CoTHers "in real life," and so far -- they have all been great!

Hey - no fair! I'd like to meet both of you!!!!!

I too have met a few COTH posters and they have all been smart, fun, terrific people. Glad your experience was the same.

Hope all is well with you.

Someday we should have a mass COTH convention. It'd be fun.

Glad you and MistyBlue got to meet up. I enjoy both of your posts and I am sure you guys had lots to chat about!
    We couldn't all be cowboys, so some of us are clowns.

How fun!

Now you can share all of MB's dirty little secrets with us!

LOL. I met her at Equine Affaire once!
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

i have met eurofoal and another cother in uk also know where another one locally to me next time i pass her yard i am going in haha

Aw, you left.
    We had a great time...great weather and a great conversation sitting outside enjoying seafood. Can't get much better than that.
    KR is lovely and so is the future Mr KR, who is quite excited about his new horse.
    And since others have met me...I'm sorry to admit that yup, I'm real.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

i have met a few myself

It is interestin to see that we are real...lol

a convention sounds great
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Oh what a treat KR! MB is on my "must meet someday list" too

And I agree: a COTH BB convention would be fantastic. I loff meeting COTHers.
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Yup, MB, I got home. Just in time for tornadoes and thunder & lightning and the "monsoon season." Ugh!

I must say, it's always interesting to see people in real life, and compare that to the image you had from reading their posts. No way would I have pictured MB with long blonde hair! For some reason, I saw her in my mind as a short-haired brunette.

Reminds me of how everyone pictured my big horse, Elijah, as a bay. When SLW came over to help out one weekend, she was shocked to see he was a chestnut with a white stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post

I agree! MB never fails to crack me up
    "Horses give us the wings we lack"

Oh that's weird...I also pictured Eli as a bay!
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

heheh well now, I have an idea or close to what KR looks like and.....................I will soon meet both her, Mr. KR and the King himself shortly. October is creeping up and I, yes, I am going to the WEDDING. I take it KR, the the future Mr. KR will soon reside in KS, am I correct?

I can hardly wait for the shindig.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by ChocoMare View Post

So - are you going to the poker ride on the 9th ?????????????

And Lori - it's close to you.

Oh lucky you! The KRs are a fun couple...I imagine the wedding will be a blast!
    KR will probably be the one dressed like a bride...Mr KR will be the one staring at her the entire time.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Meeting COTHers is so much fun! I met (and actually rode a pony for) a member several years ago - HMFarm, I think is her user name - and I might be meeting Anyplace Farm this weekend! Woohoo!

Where is the poker ride Equibrit? And date please.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Ta dah!

May 9th - In Unison Farm Poker Ride
    To be held at Kingston South (land where the steeplechase is)
    Percentage of the profits go to Atlanta Pony Club
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

Quote Originally Posted by Equibrit View Post
    So - are you going to the poker ride on the 9th ?????????????
    Alas, no. I've got a hot date with a certain Mr. C'Mare planned for that day

Quote Originally Posted by King's Ransom View Post
    Yup, MB, I got home. Just in time for tornadoes and thunder & lightning and the "monsoon season." Ugh!

I must say, it's always interesting to see people in real life, and compare that to the image you had from reading their posts. No way would I have pictured MB with long blonde hair! For some reason, I saw her in my mind as a short-haired brunette.

Reminds me of how everyone pictured my big horse, Elijah, as a bay. When SLW came over to help out one weekend, she was shocked to see he was a chestnut with a white stripe.

hmm.. I always thought Eli was bay or brown.... that explains why he's having a little snit about the new horse- he is a red head
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.