The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Any news from Jumping Branch Farm HT????

Lots of COTHers are at JBF this weekend - anyone got news? CookiePony has her laptop (we had lots of fun with it at PTF last weekend ). Dressage was today, XC tomorrow?

Can't wait to hear all the GOOD news!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

The Novice XC looks like great fun and Taco was very good for dressage today!

Are you still coming over here?

I saw RiverBendPol very briefly before her ride-- I hope it went well.

We had a good day-Em's horse went well, my youngster was very good in spite of the fools rummaging around in the bushes next to our ring!!
    JBF is a wonderful venue, the courses look fabulous and we're going to have perfect weather!
    I did have a quick chat with CP and her little dog, too. They are looking quite excellent. Been a long time, eh, CP? I also saw another old friend from the past, Lois, who is the very important Safety Officer this weekend.
    Thanks to all who are pulling off this feat of running 300+ horses!!

Anyone know who's leading in the OP-B division?
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

My trainer, Susan Wainwright, is riding Training. Does anybody know how her dressage went?

Ok, so both Pol and CP can do reports - you will, won't you? I'm hoping for big fun today on XC for ALLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

me waiting for updates!!!

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

Cp and Taco garnered a very nice 32.5 I think-

Quote Originally Posted by annikak View Post
    taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

me waiting for updates!!!

taptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

Cp and Taco garnered a very nice 32.5 I think-
    Yippee!!!! the Taco man IS rather impressive...I cannot TELL you how I loved having him trot around our paddock! Billy said he was easy as forty hells to catch - trotted right up every time (CP had cautioned him that Taco often prefers to use his own judgement as to when to exit turnout) - I think horses can smell and tell when someone might ride them vs FEED them - HA!

Do you have any idea what place they're in? No wait - don't tell...I'm a great believer in jinxes!

Is there a link to results? Am tap, tap, tapping with Annika on updates for the Cathy and Caitlyn Henderson...

Have fun and be safe XC today all!
    "Imma snap youuuu! - with a shout out to Wildlifer

So Cathy got it?? YEAH!!

Wayne Q is there, too....oh so many wonderful people are there...

and I am Heeeeeerrrrrreeeeee! Sob...(Not really...just sorta....)

Quote Originally Posted by annikak View Post
    So Cathy got it?? YEAH!!

Wayne Q is there, too....oh so many wonderful people are there...

and I am Heeeeeerrrrrreeeeee! Sob...(Not really...just sorta....)
    Yes, it looks like it as she had her times posted on the website...

I got a phone call a bit ago that my horse went clean XC with Sally Cousins. First novice so we are very pleased.
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

It was a super day. Every one I know had a great ride, including me, in spite of what the scoreboard might tell you!! Needless to say, I am the FIRST to jump in my Novice division in the morning!! My youngster, doing his 1st Novice, first took off with me across the first field. Well, yes, I did tell him he had to step up the pace a bit (15 time penalties last fall at BN!!) So after we got the pace under control, we galloped on down the dirt road, sailed over the sun burst ramp, cantered on to the ditch, which he jumped as if it was 4' wide and 8' deep, which brought him face to face with a cordwood pile, the likes of which he'd never seen up close. Eek and yikers, he said, and took a sharp left. Damn. So I made a circle, too small, apparently, and he stopped again. ENTIRELY MY FAULT, poor guy. Made a bigger loop around and jumped it like pie. On to the rest of the course, which he gobbled up with ease. He is going to be a very great competitor, but not just yet!! More practice, more practice, more practice. One of the most fun things is we've been seeing the girls who sold him to me and today I met the woman who got him from the track as a 2 year old! He is a dreamy little horse. I am thrilled to have him in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverBendPol View Post
    It was a super day. Every one I know had a great ride, including me, in spite of what the scoreboard might tell you!! Needless to say, I am the FIRST to jump in my Novice division in the morning!! My youngster, doing his 1st Novice, first took off with me across the first field. Well, yes, I did tell him he had to step up the pace a bit (15 time penalties last fall at BN!!) So after we got the pace under control, we galloped on down the dirt road, sailed over the sun burst ramp, cantered on to the ditch, which he jumped as if it was 4' wide and 8' deep, which brought him face to face with a cordwood pile, the likes of which he'd never seen up close. Eek and yikers, he said, and took a sharp left. Damn. So I made a circle, too small, apparently, and he stopped again. ENTIRELY MY FAULT, poor guy. Made a bigger loop around and jumped it like pie. On to the rest of the course, which he gobbled up with ease. He is going to be a very great competitor, but not just yet!! More practice, more practice, more practice. One of the most fun things is we've been seeing the girls who sold him to me and today I met the woman who got him from the track as a 2 year old! He is a dreamy little horse. I am thrilled to have him in my life.
    Yay Matty!! I wish I could be down there enjoying it with you guys! Will you be still down the last week of March? I'm coming down for spring break that week and I called Babette w/o response. I'd love to see everyone!

Kate!!! Emily and I will be here, B goes home the 31st I think. CALL HER AGAIN. You MUST play with us! Do you need a bed? Oooh, goodie, can't wait. Bring your t-shirts and short pants, it is HOT here.

Yes, hoping to here how Caitlin and Cathy do and always interested in news about the wonderful Taco. Annika, how is your new grey project?
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    Yes, hoping to here how Caitlin and Cathy do and always interested in news about the wonderful Taco. Annika, how is your new grey project?
    the wonderful Taco CLOCKED around the fun, "made us think" novice course like the pro he is!!!! Cookiepony most definitely is the one to give you the details...I swear though, I have NEVER heard so much elation and excitement in her voice (almost an hour after she crossed the finish line!) when she described the XC ride (stride for stride, jump by jump FUN!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    Team Henderson both went clean and lie fourth in their respective divisions this morning. Waiting for jumping results ...

Yeah Michiganders (which includes Taco, BTW!)

BIG NEWS!!!!!! TACO and Cookiepony finished 6th (moved up two places!) in OPEN NOVICE - yep, had to go against the big girls and boys! As CP will say, "they were in good company!"

Next outing will be at Chattahoochee Hills in April...let's have a COTH get together! I know 3dazey is entered, and I hope to bring Rasta as a NC horse...who else is coming?