The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FREE 16.1 TB Gelding-Pleasure Horse-PA

I have a 16.1 1/2 15 yr. old TB gelding. He had been bought off the track as a youngster and retrained in eventing. Competed to the 1* level and I bought him to take me up to that level. Unfortunately, he has arthritis in his left front ankle and is not able to compete anymore. A friend of mine has him temporarily, but her fields are really only for 2 horses not 3. He is so sweet on the ground, to brush, bathe, pull mane, clip, etc. Stands for vet and ferrier. UTD on shots, teeth floated and he only has front shoes. He is ridden on the weekends on the trails. He does not buck, rear, or bolt. He has very soft mouth-ridden in a snaffle.You can use light aides with him. No need for whips or spurs. He does best when he has more turn out then stall time, for him to move around. He is on no meds. He has been sound for my friend who rides him lightly 2-3 times a week. I am trying to find him a forever home. AS far as jumping, he really should not do much, if any...he could jump little things here or there..
    He is not a beginner, bomb proof horse, just due to his sensitivity to his aides and his soft mouth but he is a good sweet boy. No vices-loads on a trailer, etc. Pics avail. via email..located in Downingtown, Pa. 19335

joahaas Guest

Not the reply you are looking for but are you looking to replace him? I am in Honey Brook with a 4 year old TB that I think would make a nice event horse. He is sweet, sound and brave. Wants to be a bit forward and do more than be a pleasure horse. I want to find a good home for him locally.