The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Smile 2nd/3rd level Dressage Trakehner Mare to good home - NH/Mass only

A few weeks ago I posted a message about my mom's fantastic mare she would like to give away to a new home close to where she lives in New Hampshire.

Mom has carefully interviewed a few prospects, but the perfect new home has not yet materialised.

Sadly my mom has decided to retire from riding, but does not want to sell her dream horse she has had for the past ten years. Batty, a 16.3 h Trakehener mare, has just turned 17, was bred in England and trained in Germany before we bought her as a young prospect and brought her back to New England. While my mother was not very interested in showing, Batty won two classes at first level at GMHA at one of only two competitive outings she has gone to over the years.

Batty is sound, in full work and is a pleasure to work around. She is mom's pride and joy and is a real pet. She is working at 2nd level with some 3rd level movements under her belt. Half passes and lengthenings are very easy for her. Mom would love to be able to give her to someone who wants a lovely horse to do some dressage with in return for providing Batty with a fantastic home for life.

This is a fantastic opportunity for someone - but it has to be the right situation before mom will let her go.

First and foremost, mom wants her to go locally. This means Southern New Hampshire, perhaps Southern Maine or northern Massachusetts. Ideally, the new owner will be taking lessons from a competent trainer and it will go with out saying that the new home will be carefully vetted out.

I've attached a link to a short clip we have of her working as a six year old (sorry - it is short! But it will give you a very good idea of what she is like.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IquCxX0p9M4

Please contact me if you would like to know more about her, or know someone who might be interested. Unfortunately, I am going to be off line for a week or so from Saturday the 7th of March, but I'll be checking my messages until then and will forward any reasonable prospects on to my mother.

Thanks for looking, and please let me know if you would like to learn more!

Thanks,
    Terri

Amazing! I can't believe you don't have people in line for a Holme Grove mare...she's LOVELY.
    www.four-leaf-farm.com
    Proud Breeder of Trakehners and Anglo-Trakehners.

Purple Danny, you have a PM.
    Owner of ATA and Verband-Approved Trakehner stallion, Tzigane *Pb*, breeder of ATA-approved Semper Fidelis

www.twingates.com

hfeltzer Guest

Smile Pretty Mare!

I so wish I was closer! But alas the Army has us in TN. She is lovely...
    Heike

Did you place this mare yet??

I emailed you

Hi there,

I am just back from my holiday and going through the PM's. There are a few interesting prospects who have dropped me a line that I will send along to my mom. She will then go through these individually and contact the people in turn.

To answer a few common questions:

Yes, she is sound. She is perfectly saleable, it is just that mom does not want to sell her. In return, she wants to ensure the mare has a guaranteed fantastic home for life. Simple as that. As I may haven mentioned elsewhere, if I did not live in England, I would take her in a heartbeat. She is probably the nicest horse we have ever owned!

Here is a link to her pedigree:

http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/holme+grove+batique

She is quite a forward-going, sensitive horse...definitely NOT a plodder. She will suit a fairly proficient, quiet rider.

I'll try to answer PM's individually as soon as I get a few more minutes.

Thanks for the interest!
    Terri

She really does have some great Trakehner breeding, and her movement is absolutely lovely! I wish I were closer, don't suppose Buffalo, NY is close enough?

Yeah, the 'local only' is a problem.

I think I might have an incredible situation for your mother and her horse, who is lovely. It is in Southeastern MA and it is a longterm situation with the best care. Please pm me and I can give you the details.
    Thanks

I sent you an email Very interested
    Jill

She's lovely, and I can provide a glowing reference for artisticgold if you're willing to send her to Buffalo.

OMG she is beautiful! If I had a 3rd stall I'd offer a wonderful home for her in CT but alas I only have a 2stall prefab at my house. I've always wanted a dressage ready, safe, sound mare like that..Good luck with finding her a home whoever homes this mare will be soooo lucky

too bad you won't send her to NY! I have a horse who I am rehabbing from a back injury and would love to have something ready to go.....
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

pshook Guest

Default Is this mare still available?

Is this mare still available? I live in southern NH and am interested in her. I also sent you an email but am not sure if it went through.

My e-mail address is pcshook@mcttelecom.com

If she is still available, I may know of somebody in southern Maine (Kittery/York area) who may be interested. Do you have any current pictures of her?

Hello to everyone who has sent me messages and posts in the past few days. Apologies if I have not responded to everyone individually. However, the mare has now been placed in a fantastic new home.

Many thanks for all the interest, and best of luck to her new owner Sam!