The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Question for the OP -- When you discussed the lease amendment, did you specify that ALL of those cats must be spayed/neutered by X date or before entering the premises? Otherwise.....!!!

Not only because of the certainty of litters to follow, but, the yowling of mating cats (okay, maybe your neighbors aren't that close, but if the cats are allowed outdoors at all, they will probably wander much closer to the neighbors) and, unneutered males spray to mark territory much more.

YIKES.

Curiously-Unless I missed something (which is a definite possibility) the tenants were told absolutely no cats (that was when they said they had twelve) and again after the original poster saw the article stating they had 46 cats. If they get caught with cats (which is why I suggested the Pony take someone with a super good nose for odors with her for her routine, announced inspections-that better be in the lease) they are history. And nobody really thinks the tenants won't smuggle the cats into the house-they apparently think they don't have to follow the rules like the rest of us.
    You can't fix stupid-Ron White

just makes me shake my head in wonder, that this thread is still going on....OP came here to link a story about her 'renters to be'....it was an amazing story that would have shocked any landlord. I think we all (?) thought it would end there, as she had already been lied to about the amount of dogs, much LESS the 46 cats! Seemed to be a 'Can you believe I almost rented to these people?!!' story...but, unless I'm mistaken (?) the OP's last post is that she is indeed going ahead with her rental to them.

(and Jan M, I LOFF Ron White...and its so true..."You CAN'T fix 'stupid'.")
    ayrabz
    "Indecision may or may not be my problem"
    --Jimmy Buffett

Wow!

You must be crazy (no offence!).

People in my area have a hard time finding rental properties that will allow even ONE PET!

My landlord requires an additional pet deposit. If I were you I would definitly be looking into a lease amendment of some sort!

Quite the interesting situation, but it isn't horse- or farm-related, so we're going to close the thread.

Good luck!!
    Mod 1

ETA: Down the line if the OP wants to provide an update, we can post it to the end of the thread so folks know how it all turned out!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Mar. 20, 2009 at 10:59 AM.