The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default update found a GREAT home- Free To Good Home, Halflinger/ Welsh Cross, Northern Va

I have an adorable 8yr. old 12.2 hand Halflinger/Welsh Cross Pony. He is a chestnut(almost looks palomino) with two hind stockings and a white blaze. He has shown in jumpers and and has also pony clubbed with a 13 year old girl. He is 100% sound and has never foundered. I purchased him for my seven year old total beginner daughter. We have found that he really is not for a beginner. He tends to be nervous with new people on the ground and when you first get on, but he settles quickly with a quiet confident rider. He will be unbeatable with the right person. Also he would be fun for a petite adult as well. He does not bite, kick, or rear. He trailers great, does great off the farm too. I would prefer that he stay in Loudoun county.Oh, I almost forgot, his name is Say Cheese aka Cheesy. I am having computer problems and I am unable to post pictures at this time.Thanks!
    Last edited by sm473; Jun. 29, 2009 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Free Lease or Free to a Good Home

i don't have kids, but I wish I did now. Can we see him. He sounds SOOOOOO CUTEEEEEEE!

Thank you, he is really cute. You can see him, although I do prefer that he stays locally.

Anyone interested in this little guy? I can email pictures. I am not desperate to get rid of him. I would just like to see him being used. Thanks

How local? I have a client in the Hampton Roads area looking for a pony to be used for intermediate level students (2-3 lessons weekly) and show very occasionally (on property)

That sounds like a good situation for Cheesy but I don't think I want to let him go that far away.Thanks for your response though.

Default Free lease or *Free to good home*

Just bumping this up. Cheesy can be a free lease or free to a good home.
    The only conditions are that he must be given back to me if the new home didn't work out. Also it must be a fairly local home . I can email pics. to anyone interested. Thanks

One more bump.