The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Where can we find little riding clothes (Chester County, PA)?

I will be taking a friend of mine's 3 year old daughter into the leadline class at Devon this year.

Is there a place (there has to be!) in or around Chester County that has little girl's riding gear? Gentry's is gone and I believe The Pony Connection is gone as well.....a consignment store would be great as she will probably only fit into them for a few months!!!!

Any help is appreciated!!!
    Thx!
    The more you stir the $hit, the more it stinks.

Is Bucks County Saddlery still open? It's in Buckingham... I haven't been there in a few years (and wasn't looking for childrens stuff) but it's a pretty big place with a nice selection.

Dover in DE has some little tiny show clothes at the store. They are sooo cute!

ebay is a great source - or ask other barn parents with young kids to borrow some outgrown show clothes

I think, with the new management, that the consignment area is coming back to The Horse Connection?! Not sure when.

It's a HIKE but Horseman's Outlet in NJ has a huge consignment room and usually TONS of tiny kiddy clothing. Plus a great non-consignment selection. That's where I've had luck for leadline shopping.
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Veronica is right. Bit of Heaven bought out Horse Connection and I heard that they have a big consignment section now. They also have a consignment room at the store in Collegeville. It can be a bit hit or miss but if you keep checking in you should be able to find what you need.

A friend was telling me about another consignment store that is out that way as well. I should be meeting up to ride with her within a few days so I'll get the details and let you know if they have clothes or just tack.

I second Bucks County Saddlery. I was just there recently, and their consignment section has a decent amount of children's riding gear, and they seem to be in decent shape too. Although not exactly nearby to Chester County.

Good luck!

The other consignment shop is right around the corner from Horse Connection on RT 23. From Horse Connection go to 23 and make a left, it down the road on the right. I can't remember the name of it but they have a sign out.

I found stuff between ebay, Ricks and Dover for Jamie when she leadlined.

The one near the Horse Connection is either Equine Exchange or Equestrian Exchange. They usually have a nice selection.

Does the West Chester Heritage Saddlery not have kids gear? In all my years of shopping there I could have sworn I saw kiddies clothes. I was never shopping for lead line equipment, so I could be wrong.

http://www.saddlesource.com/

Try the bits and barter board .... vvvvvvvvvvv
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

I just dropped off a bunch of my daughter's outgrown show clothes to the consignment at the Horse Connection - paddock boots, jods, shirts and a 2 jackets. They are little bitty sizes.

Definitely go to Horse Connection. If they don't have what you need, they can also check Bit Of Heaven's consignment and new stock for you, now that they have common ownership. The Bit of Heaven/Horse Connection people are the best and, in my opinion, offer the best customer service and very nice products.

Good luck and have fun at Devon!
    Proud Member of Team Barbaro!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Showponymom Aefvue Mid Atlantic Division View Post
    The other consignment shop is right around the corner from Horse Connection on RT 23. From Horse Connection go to 23 and make a left, it down the road on the right. I can't remember the name of it but they have a sign out.

I found stuff between ebay, Ricks and Dover for Jamie when she leadlined.
    If you are talking about The Frugal Pony, it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamy View Post
    If you are talking about The Frugal Pony, it's gone.
    Urg really! Damn.... I was going to make a trip up there the next time I came into town. Well thanks for the heads up, now I won't have to make a pointless trip up Rt. 100!

Thumbs up

Equine Exchange expanded into the building next to it and has a ton of inventory that is laid out very well.

& the people there are super nice.
    "Dressage" is just a fancy word for flatwork

Middleburg Tack Exchange hads lots of itty bitty stuff!

I have some of my daughters clothes, what are you looking for and what size...? E-mail me privately please...ivy62@optonline.net
    Mai Tai aka Tyler RIP March 1994-December 2011
    Grief is the price we pay for love- Gretchen Jackson
    "And here she comes. Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's ZENYATTA!"

Ditto the above- if she's small and you think she can wear a 4, my daughter outgrew her coat and 2 show shirts (maybe a pair of jodphurs as well if they didnt get stained.) If you want them, send me a PM and I'll send them to you as long as you'll pay it forward when the next one looking for little one clothes comes along. These are absolutely Devon quality clothes.
    Teneriffe Enterprises- NW Indiana
    www.saradanielhaynes.com

Check with www.theshowkid.com - call Marcia, she is really nice - 315-382-4239. She has tiny stuff.