The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease on Packer Paint Gelding in Northern VA

I'm currently looking for a great home to free lease on "Mel" - the Paint/cross gelding my boyfriend is leasing from a friend of ours. Mel's 11-years-old, about 15.0/15.1 hands, is a bay pinto (knee-high stockings, cute little random white splotches). He's Pony Clubbed up to C-2 with his owner, been ridden in parades, trail ridden all over the place, done 3' jumper shows, unrecognized horse trials, etc. He's great for an Advanced Beginner/Intermediate rider ("kick along" quiet, but spunky enough to have some fun). Currently fit, brave, careful, and ready to go this season - he's out jumping 2'6 cross country jumps with a timid rider. Not the prettiest mover in the world (let's just say he won't win the hack), but he will get into a nice little frame for dressage. Definitely ready for a low level event this spring!

Barefoot, up to date on everything, and ready to go! He's a love bug, but can be a bit pushy on the ground - but is an angel when ridden.

Located in Upperville, VA - come try him out! Time constraints at work prevent us from spending enough time with him.

We would ask that he stay in Loudoun/Clarke/Fairfax/Fauquier and the surrounding areas in northern Virginia - although some arrangements could be made if the right situation arose.

Have a few photos to share - PM me and I'd be happy to send.
    Last edited by GreyDun; Feb. 20, 2009 at 12:13 AM.
    Cady O' Daly Farm
    Connemara Sport Horses & Field Hunters

Bright Horse Communications - PR & Marketing

There's a few photos on this page: http://virginiaequestrian.com/main.c...=view&ID=38008
    Cady O' Daly Farm
    Connemara Sport Horses & Field Hunters

Bright Horse Communications - PR & Marketing

Sending you a PM.