The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Rassckal Guest

Default 17hh Thoroughbred Gelding- New Home Needed

I have put off writing this post for weeks now, but I really need to find Dante a new home and a new focus.
    Andante (barn name Dante) is a 17hh, black, 16 year old, off the track, gelding. His racing name was Party Barge. I have his racing record and he only raced once. Dante has had a long career as a show hunter and a lesson horse. I bought him about a year and a half ago from a lesson program because they wanted him to have his own person. He has been a wonderful horse and I have learned so much from him.
    However, Dante's jumping career is over. When I bought him they were very honest and said that he has a stop in him. I have showed him successfully in Hunters, but the stop is still there. It is like he has a vision problem. Once he sees the fence once and jumps it- he doesn't stop again. But I have a stopping phobia. I just can't get over it. Combined that with a recent injury and I am looking for a home with him without a jumping focus. (He recently tore his bicep in the field, it is in the proces of healing.)
    Dante has been evaluated by a dressage trainer and he has great dressage training. I have showed him training level and he has solid First Level training. He has been schooling Second Level.
    I could talk about this horse for hours, and I just realized that my post is getting a little long. I have many pictures, but none on the computer that I am working for now. I am looking to donate Dante to a forever home. I live in Augusta Georgia and would love for him to stay close to here.
    Please let me know any questions!

Parysa_b Guest

PM sent.