The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ocala II

I was looking at the results and saw that Darren Chiacchia withdrew all his horses today. Anyone know if something happened?
    -Hannah

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

No news about anything bad in Ocala as of right now but it does make you wonder.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Haven't heard anything...
    http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ncer/?start=20

Mares are like neutrons. If there are too many in an area, you approach critical mass. And then there are explosions. Loud ones.

I was wondering the same thing.
    I was volunteering (jump judging), and I kept waiting and waiting to see him ride by, but he never did...

Quote Originally Posted by HWilliams View Post
    I was looking at the results and saw that Darren Chiacchia withdrew all his horses today. Anyone know if something happened?
    Nothing that merits mentioning here. It was a personal decision. Let's leave it at that and talk about the fantastic job that all of our volunteers did this weekend to move 440 horse through all three phases smoothly. Yesterday we had a 98% on-time rate for cross country starts, and today was a 78% on-time rate, in spite of a 25-minute hold on course. That's better than most airlines can boast.

Many of our CoTH friends volunteered this weekend, and special kudos go out to babybritain and Stacy of Camalou Farms for spending their precious weekend as jump judges. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, you made my job that much easier.
    Volunteer Coordinator, Equiventures, LLC
    and the Sunshine State, Little Everglades,
    & Live Oak Combined Driving Events
    tincupeventing@gmail.com

Hey One - Star (or anyone)

Do you happen to remember (or have access to) what the optimum time for Training Level was?

thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by TSHEventing View Post
    Hey One - Star (or anyone)

Do you happen to remember (or have access to) what the optimum time for Training Level was?

thanks,
    2460 m at 420 mpm gives us an OT of 5:52. Speed faults started at 4:44.
    tincupeventing@gmail.com

leslie, no problem. if i am not riding, i will/can try to help out as much as possible. as a rider, i know how hard it would be with no help to pull off an event. i had a blast. hopefully got some new people trained on how to jump judge and that just means more help for future events see you tuesday
    stacey
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

Quote Originally Posted by HWilliams View Post
    From the sounds of the Intermediate course maybe Darren did something smart for once.

Needless to say, we will not be making a trip to Ocala again.
    I didn't get to go, obviously, but my travel buddies went and were not impressed with the course or the fences.
    When is XC going to start being XC again and not be a circus?

That being said my boyfriend, Slate River, won the I division with Heather Morris!
    I saw that horse at John Staples place in 2007 and said to John's wife, if Roanoke were a guy he'd be my boyfriend...droool!! She looked at John and commented, "I'll never understand horse people." lol.
    When they go to Rolex I'm making the trip to see them for sure!
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

what was wrong with the int. course. i was jump judging and seemed that it ran pretty good. i did not walk this one though, not showing.
    www.camaloufarms.com

ride it like you stole it! "ralph hill"

would someone mind posting a link to the results, please?

thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    would someone mind posting a link to the results, please?

thank you!
    http://flhorsepark.com/portals/6/Eve...20results2.htm
    Winfield Farm
    Karrera "Zoee" ~ Redshift "Orion" ~ Inquisitive "Q" ~ No Doubts "Lady"
    I Paid For My Vet's New Truck Clique

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    From the sounds of the Intermediate course maybe Darren did something smart for once.

Needless to say, we will not be making a trip to Ocala again.
    I didn't get to go, obviously, but my travel buddies went and were not impressed with the course or the fences.
    When is XC going to start being XC again and not be a circus?
    Darren's WD prior to cross country had nothing to do with the Intermediate course.

Could you elaborate on why you wouldn't come back, and what was unimpressive about the course or fences please?

I don't quite understand the "circus" reference.
    tincupeventing@gmail.com

Default Ocala Courses

I just wanted to say that I have always loved the Ocala courses. I was not able to show there this year, I'm acutally headed out to FL on Friday, so I missed it this year. But, I would have loved to go. I think the courses ride wonderfully.

can you guys just stop talking about ocala pls.. i am freezing my tuckus off up here in md.. almost over.. almost over!! want to be a snowbird!

i have to agree.. i love riding at the fl horse park and think the fences are beautifully constructed and decorated, the big jumping ring is lovely, plus i am a sucker for spanish moss. a little flat but in the wintertime i think that's what you want. wish i was there to play too!

i too would like to hear the reasoning behind not enjoying the venue. only gripe i would have would be more perm stabling. but its not really necessary and I AM spoiled.........

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Heh heh..poor Katie. Being a Penguin does not suit you. Just think warm fuzzy thoughts until the Spring weather rolls in.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Just glanced at the results and maybe I missed it - but I didn't see Darren's name on the I list at all. Sooo why would you say "From the sounds of the Intermediate course maybe Darren did something smart for once. " when he wasn't even riding Intermediate.

Default Ocala ll

I agree, didn't see Darren in any of the Int divisions, so the reference to the courses is confusing by all reports it rode beautifully and I have always enjoyed being at the Florida Horse Park

I only ran the training, but I thought the course was wonderful with SOME exceptions.

My thoughts

1) there were a lot of questions for training, a tiger trap type thing, an offset log over a ditch, related distances, two waters, bending lines... however the one that caused the most trouble was a simple bending line to a nice table in the back field! none of the rider "psych" fences.

2) I thought overall the course was too twisty... 8a/b to 9? then the tiger trap thing immediately after? and then after 11 to 12? that was just a weird turn to that big table... then you to go 14/15/16 which is basically on a 20 meter circle? It was just a weird trip..

however, there were no real problems with time, and there was some room to gallop. The fences were lovely, inviting, and over all a great time!

Oh.. thanks one star for the training time confirmation too.....

Who should I get with for a copy of the Xc times? just want to double check something though I know the inquiry time is long over!

Thanks,