The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default ISO: First pony for Special needs child in CO

ISO: First pony for lead line and lots of love and grooming in Colorado, for 3 yr old little boy, learning sign language. LOVES horses, has been around them every day, rides with me, loves grooming them. Pony must be very quiet on the ground and sound enough to be walked around the arena a few days a week. Will consider some soundness issues. Pony will have a GREAT forever home, on pasture during the day, heated barn at night. Pony must be okay out with large horses from time to time. Would love to find a pony that will be my sons forever, but would consider very long term lease (I just don't want him to get attached and have to return the pony). Will have the absolute best care and will sign contract with full visitation and return rights if desired, not looking for re-sale or project pony. Will supply tons of references and willing to ship out of state. Would consider small horse, but would really like something pony sized.

Thank you for helping make my sons dreams come true. One of the few words he does speak is one of my horses names, so the therapists feel that he'll have an even stronger connection with something more his size that he can communicate with on his own level.
    Last edited by Colorado Eventer; Apr. 19, 2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Changes terms

Thanks for the emails, we are still looking, unfortunately the first person changed their mind. Anyone looking for a great home for their pony?