The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Has anyone seen this show pony recently?

I used to keep track of the lg. pony named Clean Slate. in 2000 was AHSA green pony working hunter w/ michael morrisey (ages ago). Then he went on to do lg. pony conformation & working hunter. One of the riders was Jennifer waxman. But that was mostly in 2005. I think he still may be owned my Gene Mische. At one point I think someone named Hannah Goodson Cutt rode him (willow brook stable- kate considine rickard) because I saw a congratulations thing in the chronical a while back. And maybe someone Applegate?

Has anyone seen this pony at any shows? He is grey(well white now)
    but thats about all I know
    Last edited by starkissed; Feb. 12, 2009 at 01:15 PM.

Does he have a barn name?
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

umm I think it might be slatey? not sure though.

I am just curious because I used to own him

Did you try searching the USEF records for current owner or leassee and a show record.

Offhand, I might have seen a Clean Slate pass thru the barn but have no idea when that was exactly, not within the last year or two, and it certainly was not called Slatey. That I would remember.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

if im not mistaken they called him rocky when MM showed him...

Quote Originally Posted by Rumors View Post
    if im not mistaken they called him rocky when MM showed him...
    yes, that actually does sound familiar!

No help here, but wanted to say it's very strange that my childhood best friend's large pony is named Clean Slate- and his barn name is Rocky! But he's been with her for 10 years now or so, so it couldn't be the same pony.
    Here today, gone tomorrow...

I know Katie Dinan showed Slatey after Hannah Goodson-Cutt had him, but I don't remember where he went after that...

I think I there was a gray pony Clean Slate showing in Childrens Pony at Swan Lake a few weeks ago. Check USEF points. Not sure if it is the same pony showing at HCHSA. Points for 2008 are posted.

Update-From USEF Site CLEAN SLATE
    CHILDRENS HUNTER-PONY LARGE
    Sire: UNKNOWN
    Large Children's Dam: UNKNOWN
    SWAN LAKE WINTERFEST 1/23/2009 - 1/25/2009
    LITTLESTOWN, PA 4
    Owner/ Exhibitor
    VOLTA, ALEXANDRA /LEE, AMANDA
    Last edited by samanthamay; Feb. 12, 2009 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by samanthamay View Post
    I think I there was a gray pony Clean Slate showing in Childrens Pony at Swan Lake a few weeks ago. Check USEF points. Not sure if it is the same pony showing at HCHSA. Points for 2008 are posted.

Update-From USEF Site CLEAN SLATE
    CHILDRENS HUNTER-PONY LARGE
    Sire: UNKNOWN
    Large Children's Dam: UNKNOWN
    SWAN LAKE WINTERFEST 1/23/2009 - 1/25/2009
    LITTLESTOWN, PA 4
    Owner/ Exhibitor
    VOLTA, ALEXANDRA /LEE, AMANDA
    I'm pretty sure that's the clean slate that FrenchFry is talking about. Not the same pony.

hmm ok I'll check that out. I am pretty sure the sire for this pony was Dorian grey.
    pony is a tb/welsh.

Quote Originally Posted by starkissed View Post
    hmm ok I'll check that out. I am pretty sure the sire for this pony was Dorian grey.
    pony is a tb/welsh.
    You are correct...and if I remember correctly, he sis go by "Slatey". I have not seen him or his name in a while. He was a lovely, lovely pony...almost didnt look like a pony and had the most beautiful dappling whne he was young. I thought he was extremely scopey and super fancy...of course it certainly didnt hurt that Morrisey was the jock! That pony had some of the best rides you can give a young pony.
    Save a life...be an organ donor! Visit www.Transplantbuddies.org

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    You are correct...and if I remember correctly, he sis go by "Slatey". I have not seen him or his name in a while. He was a lovely, lovely pony...almost didnt look like a pony and had the most beautiful dappling whne he was young. I thought he was extremely scopey and super fancy...of course it certainly didnt hurt that Morrisey was the jock! That pony had some of the best rides you can give a young pony.
    you are absolutely right. this picture bring back that notion?

http://pets.webshots.com/photo/10742...Uvk?vhost=pets

I would love to see him again, when he is older and all that. Although my last memories of him were not the best!

Yes...he was young in that picture. Maybe taken in 99 or '00? Why weren't your memories good? That is too bad. I dont know his early history, only once he started making a"name" in the large greens. He has probably turned white and beefed up a bit. Mine looked much like yours back in 99 and he is now white and more pony-looking. I'd also like to see a recent picture of this Clean Slate. I hope this thread can at least you connect you to him
    Save a life...be an organ donor! Visit www.Transplantbuddies.org

Quote Originally Posted by mestel View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's the clean slate that FrenchFry is talking about. Not the same pony.
    Yep, this is the pony to which I was referring.
    Here today, gone tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Yes...he was young in that picture. Maybe taken in 99 or '00? Why weren't your memories good? That is too bad. I dont know his early history, only once he started making a"name" in the large greens. He has probably turned white and beefed up a bit. Mine looked much like yours back in 99 and he is now white and more pony-looking. I'd also like to see a recent picture of this Clean Slate. I hope this thread can at least you connect you to him
    I hope so too, although I don't imagine I will be in Fl anytime soon, where he apparently lives, but maybe he will come to Devon.
    My memories...ha. well i got him as an unbroke 2 coming 3 yr old out of someones back yard. At the time I needed a pony age- wise I was around 9/10? I was playing with him in his paddock and he was so good I just got on him in the field, loose. I didnt think much of it, but that sealed the deal for my mom to buy him.
    He was wonderful for the first year I had him, incredible actually. I hacked him out as a 3yr old xc and I took him foxhunting once and he was great. then the first time I fell off of him, that was kind of the end of our golden days. He was smart as a whip and I guess he learned he could throw me, and it would be at random. He was in professional hands too. after being knocked out once, my last time I got on him he reared up, I said to my mother I am DONE, and we sold him. but michael, being 16 did pretty well with him, although I heard from the trainer later that he was quick and would wait for an opportunity to catch you off guard.

I doubt he is like that anymore, he must be 14yr old or so.

this is pretty much the only photo I have of him on our farm
    http://pets.webshots.com/photo/11416...NJj?vhost=pets