The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "USEA Online Omnibus Notification System" ???

I have received TWO emails from the USEA with this title ("USEA Online Omnibus Notification System") but there is NOTHING THERE. There are two attachments, but they are just the logo. The masseage itself is completely blank (though it takes up some space).

If I click on "view source" I can see some text amungst the html. But in normal mode there is NOTHING there.

Is it just my browser (IE 6.0), or are other people having the same problem?

(I get other emails from USEA and they work fine.)
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

I got the e-mail perfectly fine...

Here's a cut and paste of the text:
    As part of our mission to continually provide you with more convenient, efficient, and personalized features, we have launched our Weekly Online Omnibus Notification System.

You can opt in to receive an email message notifying you of opening dates for events you select. You can customize your notification to include events from multiple areas by following the link below and filling out the form:

http://services.useventing.com/email/event_participant_notification.php

This is an opt-in service so you will only receive email notifications when any of your selected events display opening dates.

Then there was a list of my Area events...
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

I got a message, that said my name, Area 1 and a little message with a link to the notification system. I'll post mine here for you.

Area 1

As part of our mission to continually provide you with more convenient, efficient, and personalized features, we have launched our Weekly Online Omnibus Notification System.

You can opt in to receive an email message notifying you of opening dates for events you select. You can customize your notification to include events from multiple areas by following the link below and filling out the form:

http://services.useventing.com/email...tification.php

This is an opt-in service so you will only receive email notifications when any of your selected events display opening dates.

The following is a list of Area 1 events with opening dates through the week of February 3. You may click the links below the event name or copy and paste them into your browser to go directly to the online omnibus listing:

Area 1

There are no event opening dates in Area 1 this week.

To view the complete online omnibus and calendar, click to visit the USEA Online Calendar and Omnibus or copy and paste the following address into your browser:

http://www.useventing.com/competitio...ction=calendar

Have a nice ride!

USEA Media Department

Janet is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

That (or the Area II version) is what I get if I select "view source". But if I don't act geeky by looking at the source code, there is NOTHING.

For the people who do get the text, what browser, and/or what email system are you using?
    Last edited by Janet; Feb. 6, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Janet

chief feeder and mucker for Music, Spy, Belle and Tiara. Someone else is now feeding and mucking for Chief and Brain (both foxhunting now).

Janet - you have a PM
    Cady O' Daly Farm
    Connemara Sport Horses & Field Hunters

Bright Horse Communications - PR & Marketing

That's smart thinking, to be sending out email reminders to people about opening dates for events in their Area.
    If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats. - Lemony Snicket

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDun View Post
    Janet - you have a PM
    Thanks, I have sent an email to josh.
    Janet

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

I think this is pretty darn neat!!! Here is what mine said, but I wonder if you can get the notifications for different areas (say Area III, if you plan on going for winter)??:

Area 5

http://services.useventing.com/email...tification.php

The following is a list of Area 5 events with opening dates through the week of February 3. You may click the links below the event name or copy and paste them into your browser to go directly to the online omnibus listing:

Area 5

Corona Del Sol H.T. (Texas) Closing Soon!

http://www.useventing.com/competitio...ar&event=14255

Meadowcreek Park Spring H.T. (Texas)

http://www.useventing.com/competitio...ar&event=14027

To view the complete online omnibus and calendar, click to visit the USEA Online Calendar and Omnibus or copy and paste the following address into your browser:

http://www.useventing.com/competitio...ction=calendar

Have a nice ride!

Contact Information of the Sender

United States Eventing Association

525 Old Waterford Rd, NW

Leesburg, VA 20176

703-779-0440

If you would like to be removed from this list, please contact media@useventing.com.
    Oh yea and I am using Firefox
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    For the people who do get the text, what browser, and/or what email system are you using?
    Worked fine for me via Gmail in Firefox.

Janet, I got mine just fine. BTW, I like the notification system.

Texang73,

Thank you for copying the link. I did not receive any email from the USEA concerning the notification system. Oh well.....

Quote Originally Posted by Janet View Post
    That (or the Area II version) is what I get if I select "view source". But if I don't act geeky by looking at the source code, there is NOTHING.

I use Eudora and the text comes through fine.

Original Poster

They made some modifications and sent it to me again, and now it seems to work.

Janet
    Janet

I have received no such notification. Maybe they are going alphabetically and mine will be later
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    I have received no such notification. Maybe they are going alphabetically and mine will be later
    I don't know because my last name starts with R and I have now gotten 2 emails. The second one added a show to the list that wasn't on the first one.

I really like the "Notification System"
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

Original Poster

Quote Originally Posted by scubed View Post
    I would suggest emailing josh@useventing.com to find out why you are not getting it.
    Janet

I received mine too and really like this idea!

With all of the negative discussions about discontinuing the printed Omnibus, I think this is absolutely great. I too liked receiving the printed Omnibus (although readily admit to not opening it -- it mainly sat on my desk at home), but am one who completely understood and supported eliminating it.

This system will hopefully eliminate what otherwise was a foregone conclusion with no printed omnibus...I would toddle off the barn, and have someone say "so, did you enter XXX HT? It opened last week."
    And be gobsmacked and rush home to do it too late to get in.
    SO I like it!
    The big man -- no longer an only child

His new little brother