The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB mare for free lease or breeding lease in Western WA (Paints available too)

I am offering a beautiful dark bay TB mare for a riding or breeding lease. She is about 15.3 and is 14 (actual birthdate 2/7/95). Here is her pedigree: Secret Advice R.N

She was a successful racehorse then broodmare. As far as I know (but I don't know much) she has not been ridden since the track. Again AFAIK, she is sound. I haven't had her very long (got her from a rapidly deteriorating situation) and in the aftermath of serious flooding we have too many horses and too little turnout.

She has great breeding. She is relaxed and friendly, a real sweetheart. She was thin when I got her but is gaining steadily.

I am in Carnation, WA and would want her within driving distance so I can check on her and visit her (with notice) during the lease. I want to be certain she is being cared for. There will be a contract.

I have no pictures but if there is interest, I can get some. Again, weather and clean-up efforts have made picture taking a low priority! I can deliver her, for gas money.

I am still reeling from the effects of the flood and the economy and have other horses that I would like to place in lease or giveaway situations. There is no urgency. I only want good homes, and will always be willing to take the horses back. I have a coming 10yo buckskin tobiano Paint mare, green broke; a coming 4yo bay tobiano gelding, extensive groundwork but not started under saddle; and a weanling bay tobiano colt (soon to be gelding). Pedigrees (they are all APHA registered) and pictures available upon request.
    Last edited by JoZ; Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

JoZ is offline Schoolmaster Premium Member
    Original Poster

Valentine's Day bump!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?