The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default TB mare for free lease or breeding lease in Western WA (Paints available too)

I am offering a beautiful dark bay TB mare for a riding or breeding lease. She is about 15.3 and is 14 (actual birthdate 2/7/95). Here is her pedigree: Secret Advice R.N

She was a successful racehorse then broodmare. As far as I know (but I don't know much) she has not been ridden since the track. Again AFAIK, she is sound. I haven't had her very long (got her from a rapidly deteriorating situation) and in the aftermath of serious flooding we have too many horses and too little turnout.

She has great breeding. She is relaxed and friendly, a real sweetheart. She was thin when I got her but is gaining steadily.

I am in Carnation, WA and would want her within driving distance so I can check on her and visit her (with notice) during the lease. I want to be certain she is being cared for. There will be a contract.

I have no pictures but if there is interest, I can get some. Again, weather and clean-up efforts have made picture taking a low priority! I can deliver her, for gas money.

I am still reeling from the effects of the flood and the economy and have other horses that I would like to place in lease or giveaway situations. There is no urgency. I only want good homes, and will always be willing to take the horses back. I have a coming 10yo buckskin tobiano Paint mare, green broke; a coming 4yo bay tobiano gelding, extensive groundwork but not started under saddle; and a weanling bay tobiano colt (soon to be gelding). Pedigrees (they are all APHA registered) and pictures available upon request.
    Last edited by JoZ; Feb. 14, 2009 at 11:15 AM.
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?

Valentine's Day bump!
    Arrange whatever pieces come your way. - Virginia Woolf

Did you know that if you say the word "GULLIBLE" really softly, it sounds like "ORANGES"?