The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Katie Price buys full brother of dressage star Escapado

And guess where she is flying him to?

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/276054.html

Oooh, I bet it's LA? I heard they're moving here? Her and Paris are gonna be bestest buds... I'd pee my pants if I saw them at a dressage show. How hilarious to see the stuffier DQs with KP and Paris wandering around scantily clad on the grounds. Ahahaha! This is hilarious.

And damn this lady gets some nice horses. That one she rode at HOY is a SAINT.

And what the heck is she filming? I don't really get her popularity, but I guess maybe it's a UK thing. I had no idea who she was until I caught wind of her on this site.

yeah!!!! Go Katie - Can't wait to hear all about this.

Sigh.... I wish I had money....

And that raises a good question Snowflake-if we took away the money end of this equation, what would we be left with? Just curious...

Sheesh, she's brave! Escapado was, according to Carl, one of the naughtiest horses he's had. For many years he had him living out 24/7 to chill Escapado out enough to make him rideable. Still Andrew Gould is an excellent rider and can cope with just about anything so Jordan has got a top quality trainer to help her with her new horse.

Quote Originally Posted by wylde sage View Post
    And that raises a good question Snowflake-if we took away the money end of this equation, what would we be left with? Just curious...
    That's what I'm saying here. I understand her passion. I certainly do. I wish I had the money to take multiple lessons a week with a high-end trainer and buy six fugure horses. There are riders so much better than Katie Price who are stifled by the fact that they can't afford upper level mounts. (Not me, by far.) I don't understand the concept of "celeb-utants" who are famous just because they're rich. (Paris Hilton comes to mind.) It just precipitates the rich get richer scenario. I dunno. I'm not keen on it. And yes, before you say anything, I am jealous.

Now, when is Paris going to follow suit and buy a fancy horse. Now that Katie's in LA, she has some competition.... Who would Paris buy? LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by wylde sage View Post
    A pretty mediocre training level rider... Haha.

A lot of people on these boards say "oh, well she does better than me!" I bet she just looks better because she's got very nice horses. Plus, people that say that probably realize their limitations at this point and KNOW they shouldn't be attempting tempi changes and pirouettes even on a perfect horse.

Anyway, I'm all for her getting into dressage - it probably is good for the sport's publicity. I'm just not really into her buying fabulous horses that she can't really ride at the upper levels and putting them through all kinds of crap just so she can prove to people she's "serious."

I read somebody saying, well she rides 4 horses a day 5 days a week under a top trainer -that's dedication! To me, that sounds like any real riders DREAM! So sure, she's showing she's working at it, but advance up the levels and be a real competitor someday.

She has bouncy hands and still cannot sit down at the trot. Go back to training/1st level and LEARN. Buy yourself a fancy 1st/2nd level schoolmaster and work your way up. All her money is not going to make her poor horses happy with her bouncing all over their backs and hauling on the curb like a handbrake.

Also, I'm sure someone will pop on here and say, "why's everybody picking on her?"

Well, I just explained. She's trying to prove she's something she's clearly not by buying expensive horses and making an a** out of herself at levels she is not yet ready to ride at.

I know, there are real cases of abuse to get all in a huff about, blah blah, but this is just so entertaining to me, hahah.

Sorry for the rant. I don't dislike Katie for her "modeling", and I don't dislike her for showing on the dressage scene. I just think she's not working towards being a "serious" competitor like a "serious" rider would. She's skipping the basics. There's no shame in being famous and showing at the lower levels for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bort84 View Post
    A pretty mediocre training level rider... Haha.

A lot of people on these boards say "oh, well she does better than me!" I bet she just looks better because she's got very nice horses. Plus, people that say that probably realize their limitations at this point and KNOW they shouldn't be attempting tempi changes and pirouettes even on a perfect horse.

Anyway, I'm all for her getting into dressage - it probably is good for the sport's publicity. I'm just not really into her buying fabulous horses that she can't really ride at the upper levels and putting them through all kinds of crap just so she can prove to people she's "serious."

I read somebody saying, well she rides 4 horses a day 5 days a week under a top trainer -that's dedication! To me, that sounds like any real riders DREAM! So sure, she's showing she's working at it, but advance up the levels and be a real competitor someday.

She has bouncy hands and still cannot sit down at the trot. Go back to training/1st level and LEARN. Buy yourself a fancy 1st/2nd level schoolmaster and work your way up. All her money is not going to make her poor horses happy with her bouncing all over their backs and hauling on the curb like a handbrake.

Also, I'm sure someone will pop on here and say, "why's everybody picking on her?"

Well, I just explained. She's trying to prove she's something she's clearly not by buying expensive horses and making an a** out of herself at levels she is not yet ready to ride at.

I know, there are real cases of abuse to get all in a huff about, blah blah, but this is just so entertaining to me, hahah.

Sorry for the rant. I don't dislike Katie for her "modeling", and I don't dislike her for showing on the dressage scene. I just think she's not working towards being a "serious" competitor like a "serious" rider would. She's skipping the basics. There's no shame in being famous and showing at the lower levels for a bit.
    Well said. Patience seems to be lost when one has the money for "immediate gratification." I think she's a beautiful girl, but there's still much to be learned in the art of horsemanship. I would rather do well at the lower levels then look like a moron trying to ride PSG. Like I've said in previous posts, my mare won't canter. Intro for us, thank you. And I love my mare, so that's just fine.

If I won the lottery, I would buy myself a really nice horse, but show at a rider appropriate level. But, for good measure, I'd have a pro ride said horse at the upper levels. Just because.

Good on her. I hope she has fun with her hobby. If I won the lottery I would surround myself with beautiful expensive horses and do my best to learn to ride them in my one and only life. That would be a dream come true for many a horse rider.I hope y'all will be nice to her if you see her at a show.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowflake View Post
    That's what I'm saying here. I understand her passion. I certainly do. I wish I had the money to take multiple lessons a week with a high-end trainer and buy six fugure horses. There are riders so much better than Katie Price who are stifled by the fact that they can't afford upper level mounts. (Not me, by far.) I don't understand the concept of "celeb-utants" who are famous just because they're rich. (Paris Hilton comes to mind.) It just precipitates the rich get richer scenario. I dunno. I'm not keen on it. And yes, before you say anything, I am jealous.

Now, when is Paris going to follow suit and buy a fancy horse. Now that Katie's in LA, she has some competition.... Who would Paris buy? LOL!
    At one point you could buy an identical copy of the merry go round horse on the Disneyland Carousel loved the post.

I would definitely be nice to her; I have no personal problem with her. I just wish she'd be a little nicer to her fancy ponies and avoid showing them in the double bridle until she can actually sit the trot and have an independent seat that doesn't cause her hands to bounce all over the place - that way she wouldn't have to hang on the bridle to stay on through the extended trot... I have no problem with her surrounding herself with nice horses, I would too. I just don't see why we should applaud her for riding above her level when it's obvious that she's making her horse uncomfortable at those levels...

I don't think she is famous because she's rich...she got rich from her own fanbase that follows her.

I really REALLY don't get why people care. YES shes lucky to have money and be able to buy amazing horses, who cares whether you think she's a tart or not.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they are such better people and horsewomen/men than her. She gets bashed and made fun of yet has done nothing wrong but explain her love and passion for the sport and buy top notch mounts to help her accomplish her dreams.

I never wanted to beleive that dressage was the type of sport where they would look down their nose at those riders they thought weren't "good enough".

She's not "lucky to have money." She's worked damned hard for it. Whether you approve of her line of work is entirely immaterial.

Good luck to her.

what she said.

I don't have a problem with her, really. Good for her.

But she should hire someone who will look out for her best interest. Someone that will be honest and curb some of her comments. There was one interview that she blamed the horse she rode at HOY for screwing up....uh lady....that was you who was screwing up.

I believe she is going to be learning in front of an awfully harsh crowd...she should pay someone to help her out with that. I believe it is called a Publicist.

Quote Originally Posted by Jealoushe View Post
    I don't think she is famous because she's rich...she got rich from her own fanbase that follows her.

I really REALLY don't get why people care. YES shes lucky to have money and be able to buy amazing horses, who cares whether you think she's a tart or not.

I don't understand why everyone thinks they are such better people and horsewomen/men than her. She gets bashed and made fun of yet has done nothing wrong but explain her love and passion for the sport and buy top notch mounts to help her accomplish her dreams.

I never wanted to beleive that dressage was the type of sport where they would look down their nose at those riders they thought weren't "good enough".
    Haha, I've noticed you popping in to ask why people care when Katie Price comes up... You care though, yes?

Anyway, it's not her having money that annoys me - I plan to have quite a bit someday and will spend it on fancy horses and have my own training barn.

Also, I've said nothing about being a better person than her, but I KNOW I am a better horsewoman than her.

And she has done quite a few things wrong in my book - she rides far above a level where her and her horse are comfortable. Have you watched her HOY video? Please tell me you find a few things wrong with it? Is that how you'd prefer people to handle a full bridle if it was in your mouth? Not to mention that poor horse needs a saddle pad made by NASA to keep his back from getting sore after her "sitting" trot.

So, what doesn't bother me at all about KP: her money, her love of horses, her entrance into dressage, her modeling topless or whatever, that she's pretty (I think she looks a little "hard" but I suppose she is attractive in a "hot" kind of way).

What does bother me: reread paragraph before last again.

So I'm just going to come right out and say the opposite of your post - I don't understand why people keep acting like she's a good rider and getting so bent out of shape when some of us comment that she clearly isn't.

It's not about me being jealous - though sure I'd love to have her horses. It's about me wanting her to work her way into the sport. I don't care if she buys nice horses, I just want her to ride them at a level where they can BOTH be comfortable. She has no business handling a curb bit right now, and THAT bothers me. Does that make me a rich people hater? I don't think so. It doesn't even make me a KP hater. It makes me a horse lover and one that likes to see happy horses - take a look at that HOY video and you tell me with a straight face that her horse looks happy.

Why oh why does everyone seem to think we're all picking on her because she's famous or rich? If any of you went out and dropped that kind of cash on a horse then tried to prove your "seriousness" by riding above your abilities and making your horse seriously annoyed, I'd say, yikes, that girl better put her butt back in the lower levels. If you did it in a sparkling shadbelly and a side pony, well come on, you asked for it = )

This does not make me a snobby DQ. I'd be glad for her to get some good publicity for dressage, but she should NOT be the poster girl for what a great dressage rider looks like.

So good for KP on being able to spend a lot of time working on a sport she's excited/passionate about, and good for her for getting some very nice mounts, I really do mean that. But shame on her for trying to wow us with her less than GP level skills and creating angry horses in the process. Slow down, there's no shame in that!

Take away her famous name and let her be a no-name rider at a dressage show showing in a level she is not ready for with a double bridle riding this horse. Do you think many people observing would be saying "good for her, she's going for her dreams"? No, they would point out her faults and say she probably needs to work on her basics before moving up the levels. And her scores would reflect that.

Ok, I really need to pay attention to more than my horses, other riders, and my computer related job.. but who the heck is Katie Price?

I must be getting old cuz I don't watch all the celebrities unless they are blatantly in my face with their antics.. and then I'm rolling my eyes at it all.
    Quote Originally Posted by susamorg
    Have your good rides but don't forget to stop and smell the horses .

Susan
    Fundamental Horsemanship

Quote Originally Posted by des View Post
    Ok, I really need to pay attention to more than my horses, other riders, and my computer related job.. but who the heck is Katie Price?

I must be getting old cuz I don't watch all the celebrities unless they are blatantly in my face with their antics.. and then I'm rolling my eyes at it all.
    Don't worry about it too much. She's a British model. She hasn't yet completed her cross-over to US mainstream.