The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default 2009 Mare-sharing--free broodmare leases!

New thread for mare-sharing! Same concept as before, but we wanted to give a clean slate for the new year with listings that are more current.

Here's the previous thread, for reference, and to bridge the gap into this one:

http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=143390

You're welcome to copy a post/relist a mare or a request from the previous thread and add it to this one.

Here's the skinny on the concept, for those not familiar:

We wanted to offer a place separate from the Giveaways forum where breeders offering or looking for FREE broodmare lease opportunities could get in touch with each other. So here it is!

Mare owners looking to rehome their girls are still welcome to post in Giveaways, but we thought keeping most of broodmare lease-specific posts confined to one thread here would be more convenient and organized and allow Giveaways to stay a bit better focused on true rehoming situations.

A few guidelines:

Leases must be FREE, except for taking over the horse's expenses.

To make the posts more clear, start off with a Bold Title that makes some of the basic info clear, such as whether it's a WANTED or AVAILABLE situation, some basics on the mare and your LOCATION.

Thanks!
    Mod 1

Default 14 hd mare, great for unproven studs, and inexpensive option!

Indy is available for lease and very liberal as to conditions - Personally I think she would be awesome as a test mare for a stallion owner with a unproven stud.

14.1/2 8 yr old App mare. VPBA registered. Very correct herself, my vet loves her build and wants a replica She has been bred once to Section B Welsh and threw a gorgeous very correct filly. She's an easy breeder and foals on her own no problems. She surprised everyone and foaled during the 2 hour break in between checks, great milk producer. Wonderful mother, caring and protective but yet when they get to be obnoxious she doesn't let them get away with too much (weaned her filly on her own @ 6 months! - filly was not thrilled ) She throws small, could be bred to a large and not go over. Very refined head, for an Appy she's got a gorgeous long and thick mane and tail and certainly throws that too! She does pass on her roaning and chrome too. She's got a 7 trot, 10 canter, and 9 jump. Her filly had amazing movement. She's the kind of mare that is only improved by the stallion but won't throw herself or less.

Her quirks: She doesn't like to be in confined spaces with men, but she was a theraputic/pony ride mount and has a great sweet temperment. Not sound due to injury as a yearling and must have feet trimmed a certain way to keep her from tripping but she's barefoot and any competent farrier can do - but other than that NO maintaince, VERY easy keeper. She is alpha and needs to be turned out with mares larger than herself to keep her "in line" out in the field (or babies - she adopts them and will act as a body guard for them)

Great oppurtunity to get a pony foal with minimal costs (stud, vet, foaling fees) since I am willing the keep her at home and pay her normal costs until month 8 and bring her back after foaling til weaning. Contract will be required though. She is located in S. Virginia about an hour from Raleigh.

I'd love to breed her myself again but poor college student budget won't allow it.
    Zippos Kryptonite (Reno) 05' AQHA
    Little Miss Understood (Indy) 01' Appaloosa
    The Unturned Stone (Chase) 11' AQHA
    ~ Rescue Mom to: Hope, Ciara, Charlotte, Ace, Knox

Default Free lease, 17H Drk Bay, 11 yr old TB, WB movement

Free lease available on your farm. Gem is a textbook broodmare and just goes with the flow. She has produced some wonderful foals and crosses really well with warmbloods and other TB's. I have her papers and pictures if interested

Gem is currently in foal and due this May, if no one takes her I will rebreed her for this year since she produces laid back, nice movement and large size.

email me for more info

samantha_v_magee Guest

Default STUNNING GREY TB MARE TO BE LEASED AS BROOD MARE

I own a stunning 16hh grey TB mare. Unfortunately, I am going traveling for 2 years and need her to go out on loan. 6 months ago she damaged her suspensory ligament and is now out of work (hence leasing her to be bred from).

She will make a fantastic brood mare and will produce fantastic sports horses, especially if crossed with ID. I have competed to her in show-jumping, cross country and dressage. It is a very sad lease. She has had no previous foals that I'm aware of. If you are interested please let me know. I live in the UK.

Default mare available for breeding lease, located in Ottawa, Ontario

Mare has been leased and is now in foal.
    Last edited by syd_meister; Jun. 20, 2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: edited to add pedigree link
    Colossal Productions and Web Design
    http://www.colossaldesign.ca

Default Free lease embryo transfer option Eventing or Jumpers

Stone's Throw is our Gold medalist for the AWS at Preliminary in eventing. She throws beautiful, short backed, lofty trot and amazing jump ability. Very young at 18, beautiful fancy mare. Must be used to take embryo's. Injured tail coming out of abscess tooth surgery so delivery could be an issue. Good home a must. Located in Madison, Ga.

Default Beautiful small Farnley mare in MD

Farnley Belmont - 3yo top of the line small, great mover, quiet and sweet temperament. Good ribbons on the line. See my website for more information on her.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July2008.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	24065  
    New Blessing Farm
    Standing the Oldenburg stallion Legaczy
    www.newblessingfarm.com
    "The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground".

Default Arabian Broodmares Available

I have 3 open Registered arabian broodmares that I don't think I will have $$ to breed if anyone is interested for arabian crosses. I hate having the older ladies open for a few years. I would be open to free leases or other arrangements. They are all proven broodmares. The older girls have foaled this last spring and summer.

Profire daughter- with 2 regional champion get and an extensive show record of her own. 14.2H

*Furno Khamal daughter that is a full sibling to Selket Mystery. 15.2H. Very sporthorse type.

Polish/Crabbet mare. Western/hunter. Big hip and easygoing foals. 15H

Default Flirting Cove -

Flirting Cove- she is a shade under 16 hands, but throws the stallion's height. I believe her Don Alfredo colt ended up over 17 hands.

http://www.wolfdenfarm.org/sitebuild...g.w300h263.jpg

Flirt's Pedigree

She is a 96' model who has produced two premium colts and is also Val's mom-

http://wolfdenfarm.org/sitebuilderco...ures/gvbav.jpg

http://www.wolfdenfarm.org/sitebuild...s/valdevon.jpg

http://www.wolfdenfarm.org/sitebuild...s/valitude.jpg

She lost this year's foal I believe because after 4 big babies, she needs a caslicks and this year I just didn't keep up after her pregnancy. She has caught easily with LC, fresh cooled, and frozen. She is not riding sound due to a track injury but is an easy keeper and gets along with everyone. She is a wonderful addition to any breeding program and I had planned to use Yak's frozen on her this year but due to life changes I am taking a break from breeding. She is in excellent shape and ready to be bred!!!

keerymeade@hotmail.com

Her previous owner Twinkletoz posted:

For those seeking a mare with a good organized mind, manners and a proven producer of sporthorses you might consider my former mare now at Wolfden Farm.

She was the highest scoring TB mare at her GOV inspection in 2002 (and 3rd or 4th overall in a large inspection class). Her Don Alfredo colt was a premium and has developed into a wonderful jumper and dressage horse, brave and quiet. Her Werbellin colt was a tall correct fellow with amazing movement even as a baby, a wonderful jump in him, an uphill conformation, soft and responsive in the bridle and gone on to a dressage home. Her daughter, Cambalee Cove, by Mandate at Wolfden Farm is the picture of her mother but chestnut with chrome. She'll be about 16.1, a large bodied mare with a beautiful neck, head, and topline and a solid hunter mover. Like her mother, her temperament is a 10! A wonderful sporthorse pedigree
    I gotta do-over and am doin it my way!!!

Talking 1/2 Friesian 1/2 Arab avaible in Tampa

.................................Peke
    .....................Tsjomme
    .................................Judith
    Quirin(Friesain)
    19971231...................Hearke
    ......................Freule
    .................................Koona Fan

..........................*Aladdinn
    ..................Strike
    ...........................Gwyndalyn
    Chloe PR (Arab)
    ...........................................*Bask
    ....................Naborrs Snowfire
    ............................................Beybor r

Please check in my private message for a ptx

Default Free TB Broodmare by Huckster

Jockey Club papered chesnut TB mare named
    GiGi Hulkster

foaled Feb 25, 1992
    Sire Huckster
    Dam Gi Gi Lass

Had nice babies. Old knee injury prevents riding. Owner retired from breeding. Mare is free to good home. Located in Harrisonburg, VA

use my email for contact: brownie61@aol.com
    Last edited by Windswept Stable; Feb. 10, 2009 at 07:50 PM.
    Windswept Stables-Specializing in Ponies
    Sales, Breaking,Training,Showing, Stud Service

Home of 2008 Sire of Year Reserve Champion
    Pony Hunter Breeding - Empires Power

www.EmpiresPower.com

Default Medium Pony Broodmare

Free broodmare lease for '09;

Good size medium pony mare. Coming 3yo this spring. Sired by Small-Land Movie Maker (stood at Richard Taylors) out of a Farnley mare by Cowboy Joe. She is a lovely mover and has free-jumped 1x at 2'6" in perfect hunter form. She is fancy enough to show on the line and would be at the top in the model. Please visit www.LockeMeadows.com and check out Our Horses. She's at the bottom of the page.
    Boarding for Show, Pleasure, and Retirement horses. www.LockeMeadows.com

Default Looking for 16.3H+ mare for 2009 season

Hi all,

I'm in the awkward position this year of having one more paid stud fee than mares--some bad luck with mares slipping last year. I'm looking for a free lease on a proven broodmare with good conformation standing 16.3H or taller, TB or warmblood, with a scopey jump. Would be even better if the mare is riding sound.

I have a lovely private farm in central Ontario.

Please email with photos/video:

connemora "at" hotmail.com

Default 17.2h Hol/Old Jumper in Delaware

17.2h 13yo Hol/Old (unregistered but I have copy of sire/dam papers).

Successful Level 4/5 Jumper. Incredible gaits and scope!

Exc broodmare for dressage or jumpers.

Has had 3 foals in prior years.

Available for breeding lease to local farm (within 100m of 19709).

Lessee pays all expenses until weaning of foal.

Priority given to lessee that has own stallion and can send back in foal.

pics under Caty at www.webshots.com/user/diabloshalo

Email directly: diablsohalo@Yahoo.com

Default 15.3-16h TB "Hunter Type" mare in Delaware

15.3-16h 11yo TB mare.

Thrown 3 correct, kind, quiet foals. They are all hunter types.

Very easy keeper, wonderful mother!

Would make excellent cross to sport pony.

Available for breeding lease to local farm (within 100m of 19709).

Lessee pays all expenses until weaning of foal.

Priority given to lessee that has own stallion and can send back in foal.

Email directly: diablsohalo@Yahoo.com

Default 16+ Hand TB mare

GOV and RPSI MMB approved TB mare for Lease, registered name is Lily Millie.
    On farm or off, with references.
    Lily is bay with a star, two hind white socks. She stands 16.0-16.1 hands, (I have not officially measured her, but she is at least 16 hands tall) She has had 5 full TB foals, and 2 WB cross foas. Her TB's were born before I owned her, and some of them have raced.
    Lily had a lovely, premium GOV filly for me last year by Prince Optimus (Han). The filly was praised for her correctness and movement, and chosen as the reserve site champion. Video available on Youtube, search Peas and Cues,
    Photos of Lily are available on my website, and I do have additional pictures of some of her TB babies also.

Default EXCELLER 16.2 TB Broodmare- GORGEOUS and ATHLETIC

Reign Girl is a gorgeous animal. She stands 16.2 hands and is dark brown with no white. SHe has a refined face and is so athletic! She retired sound at age 8 winning 18 races and over $181,000...

She has had 3 foals. The first foal is a 4 year old 16.3 hand steeplechase horse! Her second foal is 3 years old and is already 16.1 hands and is close to starting! Her third foal is a 2 year old filly who is beautiful!

SHe is open for this year, but we had a bit of trouble with her foundering this past winter! She is currently sound and when they x-rayed her there was NO ROTATION...

She should be fine with time and possibly bar shoes! The owner can NO LONGER afford to keep her and needs to find a home for her or else has to put her down! She would make a great riding horse for someone or even a broodmare with some time!

She is located in Quakertown, PA Please PM me for more details!

Here is a picture of her taken 2 springs ago right after she foaled http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...ReignGirl2.jpg

Here is a picture of her first born, who is now 4 yrs old, when he was stabled at the racetrack last June. He is built exactly like his mother and is a spitting image of her! Plus he is SOOO athletic..He LOVES to jump and actually will make up ground in a race when he reaches and jumps the hurdle!

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...usty/Rusty.jpg
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rusty20084.jpg
    http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...rusty20083.jpg

Here is her Pedigree... http://www.pedigreequery.com/reign+girl

She is by a son of Sovereign Dancer who is by Northern Dancer, who is out of a Gallant Man mare.

Her Dam side is VERY interesting. Her mother is by Rare Performer who is a son of Mr. Prospector and her Second Dam is by the Ill Fated Exceller!

You don't see many horses that have Exceller!

Default 2 TB BROODMARES FOR FREE BREEDING LEASE IN NORTH ALABAMA

I have 2 lovely, bred for sport, TB broodmares available for a free breeding lease. Both mares are dark bay and stand about 16.1hh, they are full sisters, ages 13 & 14. Both mares have been used for foxhunting as whip horses and are proven broodmares producing large correct foals with sound minds. The 14 year old mare is pasture sound only but does not require additional maintenance. The 13 year old mare is sound for breeding or riding including hunting and jumping again, but would require restarting as she hasn't been hunted or ridden regularly for about 3 years. Both mares are easy to handle, clip, load, trailer and deal with in general. They both have a wonderful mind and great disposition to go with their correct conformation and movement. Due to unforeseen circumstances I won't be able to breed this year but I didn't want to see these girls go to waste.

I have a MMB Oldenburg/NA mare by Pointmaker. She is 16.1, 10 years old. She just foaled, and I'm not going to breed her this year. Historically, she conceives on one cycle and foals easily. She is located in No. CA and must stay at my place. All her previous foals have been premium, and she was an in-hand winner herself.
    Mystic Owl Sporthorses
    www.mysticowlsporthorses.com

Default 16.3 TB mare in Texas

Free lease available for 16yo TB mare (pedigree online at DelMar Pedigree Query) http://www.pedigreequery..com/dakamo+kim Miko is a 16.3h, dark bay with a small stripe on her face and one sock. Inspected and approved into the main mare book of Oldenburg NA for breeding. She has had one filly by Hanoverian stallion Landkonig, and one colt by Holsteiner stallion Cathalido and is an excellent mother. Both foals were quite large and correct. Filly was born in 2003, champion filly at her inspection and is 16.2 and still growing. She is very smart, trainable and has a sweet personality & fabulous work ethic (working 2nd/3rd level at 6yo). Colt was born in July 2008 and is an eventing prospect for his owner. He is quite smart and very flashy.

Colt is being weaned this week and mare is currently located in Seguin, TX near San Antonio. I would consider a lease to an approved home with references anywhere in Texas or nearby states.

Please contact me for photos and more information.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it"