The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Exquis World Dressage Masters

I'm off to Wellington, Fla., on Thursday, Jan. 29, to cover the Exquis World Dressage Masters. It's going to be a really exciting competition, and I'll post daily coverage and lots of photos. Best of all, it's FREE! Go to www.chronofhorse.com to check it out.
    Managing Editor for the Chronicle of the Horse

My first post is up with behind-the-scenes jog photos and schooling photos. Everybody passed the jog and looked great! Go to www.chronofhorse.com to see the photos and read about it.

Default Thanks for posting but....

I'm a little disappointed in the RIDERS turnout for the Jog ! This show is history in the making. An incredible breakthrough in the Dressage show world. I woulda been all gussied up ! The pics are great and the horses look sharp !

I LOFF Tuny Page's pants!!!!

how unbelievably chic!
    Even AUnt Esther would approve.
    Of course it helps to be built like Tuny Page if you are going to wear them.

Sigh.

The photos are just lovely and really show off the horses!
    Last edited by canyonoak; Jan. 30, 2009 at 12:22 AM.
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Aunt Esther is there! She flew in yesterday and is doing some great shopping.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

The scores are coming in for the GP...
    http://www.palmbeachworlddressagemas...om/scores.html

Ashley and Poppy are in 1st with a 71.3%!

18 scores up now -- how many left?

never mind - looked at schedule - last to go was at 4:40 so that's all folks
    Nothing says "I love you" like a tractor. (Clydejumper)

The reports states, “Elizabeth reported that she accidently put down this pony, ........, at the show.”

Default wow - interesting results!

I am so excited to see Steffen & Ravel had a fantastic start. I wonder if Painted Black was spook - the score is low for them.

Quote Originally Posted by meghan1963 View Post
    I am so excited to see Steffen & Ravel had a fantastic start. I wonder if Painted Black was spook - the score is low for them.
    Painted Black spoked because of the wind coming in his ears and Anky had a program error during the test. At least that's what Sjef told us.

Kuddos to Ravel, you must been thrilled with this Contango baby !?

Theo
    Last edited by freestyle2music; Jan. 30, 2009 at 08:40 PM.

Stories and photos are up! Anky actually had two errors, which did not make her happy, but she was a very good sport about it.

Theo - yes you know how excited and proud we are!

Default news from Jane

Jane's mother is my cousin. Here is her email of last night:
    <Out of the 18 riders invited to the Exquis dressage masters fun and frolic in Wellington, Jane came 6th! With a 68.55% score. Steffan Peters was 1st (yea west coast fans) 75%, Ashley Holzer (Canada) 2nd 71%, Hans-Peter Miterhund (Holland) 3rd 70%, Edward Gal (Holland) 4th 69%, Michael Barisone (USA) 5th 68.59% and our Jane 6th! Anky von Grusen, ( won the Olympics )went off course twice and scored a 66. Since she was the headliner, there was some disappointment in the stands. The top 8 rides (Jane being one) are invited to declare to do the freestyle (musical ride) or the Grand Prix Special (Another FEI test, more demanding than the Grand Prix). Since Anky the headliner ended up 9th, one of the top 8 opted for the Special to make sure Anky would do the freestyle. Very political! The Special prize money is 40K euros while the freestyle prize money is 60K euros. It is actually quite strategic for Michael Barisone to declare for the Special. Maybe he can win more money... The Special is tomorrow, Sat @ 3pm. The freestyle is under the stars and starts at 7PM. So cross your fingers and toes, pray to whatever gods and goddess you believe in that Jane, number 10 (anyone into numerology?) has a good ride to Kerry's music.>

My fingers (and toes) are crossed!
    A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame or money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well.--G. K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by lizathenag View Post
    Jane's mother is my cousin. Here is her email of last night:
    <Out of the 18 riders invited to the Exquis dressage masters fun and frolic in Wellington, Jane came 6th! With a 68.55% score. Steffan Peters was 1st (yea west coast fans) 75%, Ashley Holzer (Canada) 2nd 71%, Hans-Peter Miterhund (Holland) 3rd 70%, Edward Gal (Holland) 4th 69%, Michael Barisone (USA) 5th 68.59% and our Jane 6th! Anky von Grusen, ( won the Olympics )went off course twice and scored a 66. Since she was the headliner, there was some disappointment in the stands. The top 8 rides (Jane being one) are invited to declare to do the freestyle (musical ride) or the Grand Prix Special (Another FEI test, more demanding than the Grand Prix). Since Anky the headliner ended up 9th, one of the top 8 opted for the Special to make sure Anky would do the freestyle. Very political! The Special prize money is 40K euros while the freestyle prize money is 60K euros. It is actually quite strategic for Michael Barisone to declare for the Special. Maybe he can win more money... The Special is tomorrow, Sat @ 3pm. The freestyle is under the stars and starts at 7PM. So cross your fingers and toes, pray to whatever gods and goddess you believe in that Jane, number 10 (anyone into numerology?) has a good ride to Kerry's music.>

My fingers (and toes) are crossed!
    10 is a great number in numerology
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama

Finished putting everything up at midnight last night. It was a pretty exciting class! Painted Black really was amazing. Hope you all enjoyed the coverage.

Default Thanks Sara

Thanks Sara for your excellent coverage of the DressageMasters at Wellington. However you made a wrong estimate about the fact that Anky and PB only could start in the F2M because Michael decided to start in the Special. It was already decided that Hans Peter or Edward would start in the Special to make place for Anky and PB.

But neither of them rode in the Special.

Quote Originally Posted by yaya View Post
    But neither of them rode in the Special.

Where is the blond smilie ?

Any videos ?

Hi Theo,
    I didn't know that Edward or Hans-Peter would have done the Special. Someone had to drop down, and I guess it was Michael who volunteered first. I think that worked out best for everyone, since the U.S. crowd was quite excited to see all of the European freestyles, not just Anky's, and it was a wonderful win for Michael in the GPS.

Michael did what was best for Michael nothing wrong with that but it was not for Anky it just benefited Anky.
    Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive. Dalai Lama