The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 6 month old kitten "Butters" needs a good home

Hello everyone,
    I turn to the wonderful COTH board in hopes of finding a good home for Butters, a 6 month old orange tabby male. I got Butters when he was 6 weeks old.. he and his brother were both the runts of the litter, were very small and underweight, and were being tossed around by litter mates. So I brought them both home, got some yummy foods, but sadly, little 'Peanut' didn't make it (he was less than 1 pound, at 6 weeks!). Butters thrived however, and is quite the character; he loves to reach up and give kisses, and will even 'knead' the air when picked up! This guy has more personality than any kitten or cat I've ever had. New on his list of talents is dropping his toys in the toilet, eating oyster crackers, and playing with Chihuahuas. He gets along great with dogs, from what I've witnessed so far. He's not afraid of much! He will get in the shower with you and follow you around all day.
    The only reason I need to find a home for Butters is that my older cat really hasn't taken to him, she's kinda set in her ways He himself gets along great with other cats; I've had him to friend's houses and he enjoys playing with their cats.
    Specifics: He has had his shots (just needs a rabies), worming, basic health check, and he lost his manhood about a month ago. FIV/Leukemia negative. Being a fun loving kitten he does still have the baby traits: an occasional jump on your leg if something lovely is dangling close to it, etc. I'll send him with all the toys I can find here, and a nice hooded with door litter box. If for some reason he doesn't work out for his new owner, I'll be happy to take him back. I just want him to find a good home where he'll be loved and played with! Any questions just ask. Thanks!

Some pics:

"Come on. Battle me for the milk."
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...tters-emmy.jpg

"He needs to engage the hind end more"
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...Butters-tv.jpg

"There it is! LOOK! THERE!"
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...ers-toilet.jpg

"So cute it took 10 tries to get a shot where he stood still"
    http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...utters-now.jpg

(Located just north of Richmond)
    Last edited by TooManyChickens; Dec. 5, 2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Added pics

A bump for Butters..

If someone outside the Richmond area is possibly interested in him, I'd be happy to drive within 2 hours to you, or I'm also making a trip to the Myrtle Beach area the week of Christmas if someone lives down that way.

Thanks!

bump for the cute kitty...
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Oh my, that is the cutest little booger I've seen in a long time!! If I already didn't have 5 and just shell out $800 to my vet for vaccinations and meds for all my other pets and dogs I'd take him in a heartbeat.
    Visit my farm at www.hiddenrockfarm.com

haha Oh I've seen your kitties.. all cuties.. I think they want a orange playmate! His first 6 weeks were in a barn... he would totally follow you down to the ring

Durn. If I didn't already have 4 dogs in the house, including a mouthy Peke-a-Poo puppy and a JRT, I'd take Butters. Love the name. Butters as in South Park Butters?
    He looks like a cat I had years ago named "Stupid"-DH and his friend came up with that name and unfortunately, it fit. I called him Einstein (sp?).
    And, I have family in Richmond. He can't be a barn kitty because we have coyotes and foxes everywhere.
    I loff him

Where is Beaverdam, Va? If you think he would be happy living in a snug heated feed room complete with individual kitty beds with my other two barn kitties then i will be honored to take him. My barn kitties get fed Science Diet and are all current on their shots. They are all FIV/Leukemia negative. He would be living the life of luxury. All of my boarders always give extra attention to the kitties in the barn so they are never starved for affection. I can provide vet and friend refrences if needed.

does butters need to be a barn kitty?? I can give a good indoor home, as I have a very playful 5 yr old kitty who could use a friend to play with...how far are you from Philadelphia PA??

Sue,

I'm fine with Butters being an inside kitty. With my being a cat lover it's of course the most ideal situation for cats to be indoors and out of harm's way. If the above poster does indeed want him and you are able to get him to her then please go ahead. Plus, it will save me from being put in the feedroom with the other cats by my husband. LOL!

I sent you an PM TBSoul...

Well Applesauce, at least Butters would keep you great company in the feedroom.. 3 cats sleeping on you.. how fun!! haha One is never alone who has cats..

Oh and to respond to the poster who asked about the name, I had named his tiny tiny runt brother Peanut, because he was SO so small. 'Butters' just seemed to go with Peanut Smaller than my palm, at 6 weeks. The pics below are from their first day with me, and you can see the size difference.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...1/IMG_2633.jpg

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k2...1/IMG_2628.jpg

Hi folks,
    Unfortunately Butters is still in need of a home.. it's a transitional period for a lot of people and a few things I was hoping would work out unfortunately can't, so if anyone is looking for a neutered, fun loving, vaccinated (has his rabies now) kitty, please let me know! He's been getting in the shower with me lately, so he's very conscious of his hygiene!

He's located just north of Richmond VA, and I'd be happy to meet someone somewhere if they're interested..
    Last edited by TooManyChickens; Jan. 20, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

i'm looking for a playful young orange kitty--but i'm in vermont. shucks, anyone headed this way?

I wonder what the half way point would be between Va and Vt?

Suz, hope you can make this work. I wanted this little guy so bad but my husband put his foot down and said no more animals.

I might have the perfect home for him. My assistant is looking for an indoor cat to be a playmate for her 7 month old puppy. He loves cats and wants to play, but the barn cats refuse to stoop to his level.

Let me get with her tomorrow - she's off today.

Tackpud, that sounds like a PERFECT situation for this little guy!!!

That would be wonderful! He hasn't met a dog he hasn't liked.. he loves to play...though a large Golden lumbering at him once made him *POOF*. It was quite funny

Let me know if I can answer any questions for you, or if you'd like my cell #. I'll be happy to send him with that corner litter box and a bag of food to transition him to whatever she chooses to feed. I have lots of toys too... OHHHHH the amount of small toys I have.. hahaaha

i hope he gets a home with your assistant--i bet he'd prefer not to travel 600 or so miles!
    that said--i'm still looking for a baby, would love a siamese cross--those big blue eyes slay me!! and luckily enough dh is just as eager to add a little one to the family. anyone with any leads on a baby male siamese cross (orange and yellow tigers are our second favorite--though yellow with blue eyses is the jackpot!!!) in new england will be warmly thanked!!

I'm working very hard on Jess and I think she's coming around to getting Butters. Can you send me your cell at cstone@chathamhall.org and I'll have Jess call you.

Thanks!

Email sent! (And fingers crossed...)

For those of you who love a cute cat story, last night I was soaking beet pulp in warm water, and had a large heavy blanket on top of it to keep the heat in until it was ready. 5 minutes later Butters was curled up on top of it, (it held his weight.. not sure how..) and he was fast asleep. Too cute!

Fingers and toes crossed. Please keep us all posted on little Butters. And that story is precious.