The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Vaders Appeal DENIED!

Get a load of this... the leading trainer at Philadelphia Park- Jayne Vaders- has her appeal for revocation of her license for drug postitives DENIED by the Court of Pennsylvania!! I wonder if Philly Park will actually remove her?

http://www.pacourts.us/OpPosting/Cwe...D08_1-9-09.pdf

There is a part in the court document that gets me though. It's from s Steward stating.."Even though the regulation calls for revocation after two positives, the Stewards did not revoke Vaders license until she had accumulated seven positive test results. The testifying Steward defended their action stating they wanted to be fair to Vaders and that if they revoked every trainer’s license after two positives,
    there would 25% less trainers licensed by the Commission.
    "

Amazing--huh??? Basically he admitted that 25/100 trainers are cheating and getting away with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyminute09 View Post
    Amazing--huh??? Basically he admitted that 25/100 trainers are cheating and getting away with it!! [/COLOR]
    A positive test doesn't necessarily mean a trainer is trying to cheat. Accidents happen more than you might think - really!

Amazing--huh??? Basically he admitted that 25/100 trainers are cheating and getting away with it!! [/COLOR]
    With competent enforcement this wouldn't be occurring. They've nobody to blame but themselves
    George

I'll give you that mistakes do happen, but most trainers I know have been in the business for years and have never had any sort of positive! But if the infractions happen multiple times for the same substance- I find that hard to believe it was a mistake!

I'll give you that mistakes do happen, but most trainers I know have been in the business for years and have never had any sort of positive! But if the infractions happen multiple times for the same substance- I find that hard to believe it was a mistake!
    Yea, after 7 times mistake isn't a very good excuse.

The other day, Vaders had a horse in from Golden Gate that ran long with absoultely no speed form and the form was kind of dull. The horse ran a sprint race at the PHA and ran his eyeballs out as if he was a speed demon. Amazing.

I'm sure she can file another appeal. She does cheat, but there are two others at Philly who are worse. Their initials are S.L. & R.P.

bighoss Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DickHertz View Post
    The other day, Vaders had a horse in from Golden Gate that ran long with absoultely no speed form and the form was kind of dull. The horse ran a sprint race at the PHA and ran his eyeballs out as if he was a speed demon. Amazing.

I'm sure she can file another appeal. She does cheat, but there are two others at Philly who are worse. Their initials are S.L. & R.P.
    I have been reading this for for about six months and you sound like a real cry baby with some of your quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by bighoss View Post
    I have been reading this for for about six months and you sound like a real cry baby with some of your quotes.
    Thanks for contributing 2 posts during the last six months, one of which is a complaint. You are an asset to the COTH forum.

Thanks for contributing 2 posts during the last six months, one of which is a complaint. You are an asset to the COTH forum.
    Many people would tell you I was more of an asset to COTH if I posted only twice every six months!

You are a good poster, I doubt that.

Hey there...cry baby??? I don't think so- you just are expressing your observations- I don't know why someone would get their panty in a wad over that?

I totally agree with you on S.L. & R.P... but until they implement 24/7 surveillance and a holding barn- they will just keep getting richer! It is sickening!

I still can't believe that horse from the other day. I'm not saying she cheated, I'd just like to know what form of oats she feeds to make a dull route horse run like a speed freak. The comment was something like "Speed to spare". I guess the vitamins she feeds along with a great feeding program makes a horse's style change that much.

secondroll7 Guest

Default SL and RP

Well, SL seems to turn his horses into mini-Secretariets., he is awful in new york.., he seems to do well at Penn Nat and Philly park.., who is RP? By the way, did you happen to see Andy Beyers writeup on Rick Dutrow.., wrote how he turned a horse at gulfstream 35+ points better to win a recent stake race.

secondroll7 Guest

Default others

Last year, Bruce Levine was 50% at monmouth., he got randomly tested and all 19 horses came back fine. There always seem to be talk around Lake, Dutrow's, Jeff Mullins, John Sadler., they got Biancone on snake venom., amazing

I don't know that SL is so much a cheater in terms of using EPO or cobra venom as he is a butcher. He'll inject joints with cortizone just so the next person is inheriting dry joints. I don't see too many Lake horses who remain in his barn past 3-4 months. He did used to inject clen buterol in the trachea berfore going over for a race, but they caught onto that in the early 2000's. I don't know the total count, but I'd put the over/under on Lake Clen B positives over the years at about 20.

The biggest cheater I know resides at Penn national. They run all over the mid-atlantic except Delaware. WOnder if that has to do with them testing for EPO...hmm, makes you wonder.

He did used to inject clen buterol in the trachea berfore
    What does that do to a horse? I got a horse from a very crooked trainer (I learned this after I got the horse..) and she has a respiratory problem that no vet can figure out (its def. not related to a tie-back or anything common).

What kills me, among many things, is why there isn't any regulation on how many times a trainer (or vet for that matter)can go into a horses ankle. How many horses have had their second careers demolished because a trainer/vet goes in there every time they run? I see so many that go to great homes with the assumption that with some R & R will be okay. Only to find out after some time off that their sockets are dry, and if they are lucky, can be lightly ridden. The majority of trainers use the same vet day in and day out, where is the vets ethical accountability? Rant over.

most vets I've dealt with on the racetrack care about one thing. Making money. They generally don't care about the horses when they are done racing. Most, not all vets.