The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default When's your first event of the year?

Ours will hopefully be Southern Pines in March.

Due to school, we're not going to Aiken this winter.

When's your first event of the year?
    "Fifteen minutes of excellent work is better than an hour and a half of wandering aimlessly around." -Col. Bengt Ljundquist

Full Gallop in about two weeks
    Last edited by pegasusmom; Jan. 21, 2009 at 07:16 AM.

Ocala in just over 3! WOW! that's CRAZY.

I'm not telling!
    I think Ted reads the COTH, so he'll see my post and come up with a random lameness just after closing date so that I'll have to scratch and lose all my money. Again.

In fact, Ted, if you're reading--we're done competing; you are now a pasture pony!!

heh.

My horse's will be Ocala II with my trainer and mine will be Rocking Horse III with her!! Can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post
    I'm not telling!
    I think Ted reads the COTH, so he'll see my post and come up with a random lameness just after closing date so that I'll have to scratch and lose all my money. Again.

In fact, Ted, if you're reading--we're done competing; you are now a pasture pony!!

heh.
    LOL! I hear ya! Mine is usually okay unless I whisper "FEI"

Default The Ark February 28th

I entered today. I can't even believe it. We normally don't start competing around here (WI) until May. But, I am leaving in 10 days for Southern Pines to do some winter training. It will be my first time.

It is hard to imagine that I will be competing in a little over a month when we have 40" of snow on the ground that fell just in the last three weeks and I have only been able to ride maybe 5 times in the last couple of weeks due to the extreme cold. I have got some catching up to do!

I am going to work really hard while in S.P. I am excited!!!

May 9th is our first HT. But damn, there is so much snow here right now, I cant even fathom running a full HT in about 3 months.

The first CT is in April sometime. Both the first ones are in notoriously snowy areas (Jazzy understands). I hope it melts fast! Because Im going to badly need to go schooling before the first event. Luckily, I foresee large puddles all over our own property that I can play in.

Feb 4th at Full Gallop for the old man...and Feb 7th at Sporting Days for the big guy.

wow that's soon...maybe I should get to learning some dressage tests...
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobthehorse View Post
    May 9th is our first HT. But damn, there is so much snow here right now, I cant even fathom running a full HT in about 3 months.

The first CT is in April sometime. Both the first ones are in notoriously snowy areas (Jazzy understands). I hope it melts fast! Because Im going to badly need to go schooling before the first event. Luckily, I foresee large puddles all over our own property that I can play in.
    Ah, but the beauty of those snowy areas is that the base is lovely sand that drains very very well. Which is why it is never really that sloppy there.

Meadowcreek in mid-March. I sometimes wonder why Texas doesn't have a winter circuit....it's certainly not any colder here than it is in FL right now, probably warmer, actually.

I do realize it is farther to drive though. Still, the ground is fantastic right now for galloping and there's very little chance of snow in Texas!

March 6-8 at Jumping Branch

In fact... I might need a prelim team member... any takers?

I'm so excited! We're also doing a schooling CT at Ashland on Valentines Day!

Good luck to everyone!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Lady View Post
    Ah, but the beauty of those snowy areas is that the base is lovely sand that drains very very well. Which is why it is never really that sloppy there.
    Not worried about sloppy, worried about snow drifts!!

Sporting Days Feb 7-8th (would be Full Gallop, but I have to work that Wednesday). Then Pine Top the next weekend....

They're having a team competition at Jumping Branch?? Their Prelim course is fun...

Jennifer

We are heading for Southern Pines in March! My guys first two day!! Chomping at the bit (eerr ice)

Our first ever official one is on the 4 April at Silverhills.

We were going to go to Sydney CNC in February, but decided to go somewhere closer, so he doesn't stress out as much (It's only 15 minute drive)

Then, there is one in Berrima, 2 weeks after that, but we're going to wait again, and work on anything that needs working on after Silverhills.

The next one is in July, with plenty of training days etc in between

I'm hoping for River Glen in April. But with the terrible weather (either raining, snowing or rained recently and the ground is so muddy you can't do anything), my guy has gotten most of the winter off. What I would do for an indoor/covered arena! So if it looks like we won't be ready for April, we will shoot for MayDaze at the KY Horse Park.

Full Gallop on 2/4. Can't wait!

May 9th... We were out all last year with an injury..so this will be a real first for us...

Question

love to jump: Is that enough time to get your horse in shape? Just wondering--per your notes about you have only been able to ride 5x in the last few weeks.