The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default If you believe in animal/human telepathy

If you believe in human/animal telepathy, this should be a pretty cool contest to participate in.

Tell your story

Nope.

Nope.

Not that I would do it.... ....but that looks like the perfect invitation to buff your 'creative writing' skills!

'My horse talks to me telepathically all the time, he has a real potty mouth too. He doesn't like me very much except when I feed him carrots. It's heart-breaking for me really, but I've learned to accept him for what he is. It would be wonderful if I won and the psychic could tell me how to get him to like me."
    * <-- RR Certified Gold Star {) <-- RR Golden Croissant Award
    Training Tip of the Day: If you can’t beat your best competitor, buy his horse.
    NO! What was the question?

Nope...he's too busy telling me in no uncertain terms what he thinks.

"Are you nuts, there'are bears in those woods"
    "Ya' know, there's room to go around the jump"
    "That's it....no more food? Didja' lose your job"
    "Ow, not so tight with the girth"
    "$#%@$%@$#%^@!!!!!" (he can be very profane!)
    "Jeeze, no more burgers please"

My horse talks to me, but..well... I really can't write that here, I'd get in trouble.
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Person View Post
    My horse talks to me, but..well... I really can't write that here, I'd get in trouble.
    Well, my horses talk to me all the time also and I don't care if I get in trouble for saying that.

Of course our animals talk to us all the time, they just don't do it with spoken language and words as symbols, but a flick of a tail, a turn of an ear, the way they stand and the way I respond to let them know my answer is all it takes to communicate.

All of us that take care of our animals, including horses, do talk to them.
    Grandma told me once that I was not just 1/2, but 99% horse.
    Maybe that is why I think it is normal to talk with them?

Quote Originally Posted by gladys View Post
    If you believe in human/animal telepathy, this should be a pretty cool contest to participate in.

Tell your story
    Here's a better contest, one that can win you a cool Million USD.

http://www.randi.org/site/

Better hurry, though. The challenge in ending in 2010 as in ten years they've yet to have anyone meet the criteria.

G.

I am very surprized that an animal comunicator hasn't waltzed off with the prize by now. Maybe they just haven't heard of it yet - I know I'll keep an eye on that, it's bound to happen soon, now that the info is available!
    * <-- RR Certified Gold Star {) <-- RR Golden Croissant Award
    Training Tip of the Day: If you can’t beat your best competitor, buy his horse.
    NO! What was the question?

Quote Originally Posted by Guilherme View Post
    Here's a better contest, one that can win you a cool Million USD.

http://www.randi.org/site/

Better hurry, though. The challenge in ending in 2010 as in ten years they've yet to have anyone meet the criteria.

G.
    I was going to post that link, but most people here who are into woo-woo like animal communicators always have "reasons" why those claiming such powers "don't need" to prove themselves..... so I didn't bother. LOL

Ted does talk to me all the time. Body language. Usually our conversations run like this:

"You can groom me there, but not there. I said THERE! NOT THERE!! Jeez. And don't step on my hay in the process. And get out of my way, I want some water. Okay, you can brush my tail. Don't stop. Keep going, I said don't stop!!! And don't mess with the face, I'm busy eating hay. Are we going out to graze now? What? What's with the saddle? WHAT???"

I can also read YOUR horse's conversations for a small fee. I am a 501(c)3 animal communicator, and all profits are invested back into the Treats for Ted Foundation.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Last night one of my horses was really communicating to me!

I was standing in the pasture and their food was on the other side of the fence waiting, soaking, lots of beet pulp and hay cubes. My neighbor came over to talk to me and they all stood behind me, like brave horses. After a minute of talking my pony said, "hey, feed me." Then he bit my jacket just a pinch, and I said stop it, this is my jacket. He did it again, and again, and again and I gave him a dirty look, tried to scare him but that didn't work. As long as I was talking to my neighbor he would nibble my jacket and I was afraid he'd put a hole in it. It's a tough Carhart but I don't want holes. So he stopped biting my jacket when the neighbor went away. Just like a kid. All 3 horses stood there looking at my neighbor and he just laughed at them and went back to his racehorses.

Now what do you think my horse was trying to tell me?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Well, my horses talk to me all the time also and I don't care if I get in trouble for saying that.
    I meant that what she has to say would be questionable. I think after three months of me scrubbing her leg, she'd have rude things to say!
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post

Of course our animals talk to us all the time, they just don't do it with spoken language and words as symbols, but a flick of a tail, a turn of an ear, the way they stand and the way I respond to let them know my answer is all it takes to communicate.

All of us that take care of our animals, including horses, do talk to them.
    Okay. What do they say to you over the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Sithly View Post
    I don't have a phone in the barn, so they won't get ideas.

My sister is a would be animal communicator. She's quite good with animals, all sorts, they love her. And I do believe that they do communicate, but as others have said, with their body language. Anyone who is around an animal, dog, cat, horse, or whatever, would know. That being said, my sister once told someone who'd called her with a problem horse, to visual what they wanted the horse to do. She claims it works with her animals. I had an issue with that.

A woman at my barn told me she'd had an animal communicator, "who was used at all the BNT's in Wellington", read her horse. He's an OTTB who was used as a hunter bf she got him. So what did she learn? That he was content and remembered racing.

All of that being said, I do have one thing to report. I was "given" an errant school horse to straighten out. Now this horse had been an A circuit hunter and quite a horse in his day. But he'd gotten into the habit of dumping the students in a rather nasty way. He'd always been known for shying and bucking. Now, I can't say it wasn't a thought that occurred to me bc I already knew his background, but it just popped into my head one day that he had been really depressed by being abandoned by his former owner, and he needed to bond with someone. Of course, I also found he had a sore back, but I did take him under my wing, clipped him and groomed him and gave him vitamins and basic care and he loved it. He did come back to being a useful horse, and only dumps people once and a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sithly View Post
    One barn I was at had an intercom, the BO called to my wing asking for the groom "Lauriieee".
    My horse responded with a long neigh. He was clearly responding to the call.
    I was standing next to him, then went to the main office, and they were cracking up.