The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwo View Post
    Geez, I don't recall an Off Topic day to *celebrate* the election of 2000 and 2004....hmmmmm
    Another no vote.

In any case, some of us have to go to these things called "jobs" so we can pay our taxes. When's the next holiday they us off work?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluey View Post
    Right, the preparations look more like a coronation than an inauguration.

Sickening ,I agree...they (voters) will regret their error .

Hmmm... Wonder how long this thread will stay open...
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

Quote Originally Posted by Twomanydawgs View Post
    Sickening ,I agree...they (voters) will regret their error .
    I love how "stinking dirty democrats" don't have to resort to name calling on this thread like Republicans do.

This thread is like an argument against an OT day for the inauguration.

Quote Originally Posted by vacation1 View Post
    This thread is like an argument against an OT day for the inauguration.
    My thoughts exactly.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

Nobody said you have to join in if you think America made a mistake...I think its an amazing day to be an American, and whats wrong with being able to talk about it?
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

I have to work tomorrow. I'm self employed so holidays mean nothing to me if something has to get done.

It always seemed to me that OT days were the Mods gifts to us on special occasions. Sometimes those are holidays -- but we don't get every religious holiday. Sometimes those are political events -- like last election day. COTH is the only BB I'm on. I know the personalities here and have a vague idea of what people think. Going to a political BB with strangers wouldn't be the same as doing an OT here.

OT days always have their one or two big long political threads, regardless of the occasion. Big deal. Regardless of one's political persuasion, I think that the events of tomorrow will be momentous and historic enough that people who spend much of their online BB time on COTH will want to share here and not somewhere else. Plus, we always get the fun news about affairs, sex life and recipes. Not everyone is political.

I don't think I've ever seen so many arguments AGAINST an OT day, for whatever reason. I suspect those may be from people who are very unhappy with the election results. I may be wrong and would be glad to be corrected.

I'll be working for much of the day anyway, so it's not like I'm looking for a distraction. I just thought it would be fun when everything wraps up.

No matter WHO the president is (and I don't think it makes much difference, given who is REALLY running the country), I like the pageantry; the balls, the GOOD stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by nightsong View Post
    No matter WHO the president is (and I don't think it makes much difference, given who is REALLY running the country), I like the pageantry; the balls, the GOOD stuff.
    +1 but I'm most moved by the sense of country and nation that I'm getting from the news of what's happening in DC. I was in the midst of the Orange Revolution and I can tell you that those people did not agree with each other when they were standing out in the cold. Not all of them were even big supporters of the politicians on the central stage. They were high on the feeling of being a part of something bigger than themselves. That is a rare thing to celebrate and savor.

I am against...but only because I work a long day tomorrow and won't have much time to play. Not fair for all the OT Days to be on days I have to work (work retail, so our busiest days are everyone else's free days).

I just want a chance to thank my fellow COTH TV addicts for what they recommended and get more recommendations I don't know where else I can learn about such wondrous things as 20 hours of Ewin McGregor in a motorcycle?

The Mods have dropped hints it gonna happen. They are into it

Hollywood, but not the one where they have the Oscars!

I think it would be Un-American not to have it...lol
    "You can't really debate with someone who has a prescient invisible friend"
    carolprudm

Pretty please, mods, with whipped cream on top and strawberries, sprinkles and that junky colored sugar stuff. Oh, and chocolate shavings, nuts, bananas

Or a really big blender of chilled margaritas, with ice cream and chocolate and new dress boots, and the best womanly sized britches, and peeps, and THE VERY BEST horsie youtubes, AND an Hermes saddle and a coupon for a BNT clinic, plus a HUGE European warmblood (19 hands and growing), coupled with an slc2 silencer ring, with special decoder.

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaw View Post
    I just want a chance to thank my fellow COTH TV addicts for what they recommended and get more recommendations I don't know where else I can learn about such wondrous things as 20 hours of Ewin McGregor in a motorcycle?

The Mods have dropped hints it gonna happen. They are into it
    What? How? Where does one get such hints? Obviously, I am not a member of cognoscenti. But I do hope this is right.

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaw View Post
    I hope you also learned about such wondrous things as Ewan McGregor in The Pillow Book (been an Ewan fan for ages; stalked him while he filmed in Detroit, too, got a picture. Mmmmm)

Geez, I don't recall an Off Topic day to *celebrate* the election of 2000 and 2004....hmmmmm
    It's the liberal media, doncha know
    Proud Member of the League of Weenie Eventers
    Proud Member of the Courageous Weenie Eventers Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    I love how "stinking dirty democrats" don't have to resort to name calling on this thread like Republicans do.
    THis post is the only one so far on this thread where any one called anyone else a name, at least that I saw.
    **I realized later you were referring to someone's sig line, which I"m sorry you're offended but some of us find some pro-Obama sig lines equally offensive
    BTW,thanks for reminding me to change mine

And another no vote here. I"m sick of OT days, to be totally honest.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Oh, dear God, please no!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaegermonster View Post
    THis post is the only one so far on this thread where any one called anyone else a name, at least that I saw.
    **I realized later you were referring to someone's sig line, which I"m sorry you're offended but some of us find some pro-Obama sig lines equally offensive
    BTW,thanks for reminding me to change mine

And another no vote here. I"m sick of OT days, to be totally honest.
    I honestly am not offened by pro-McCain (or pro-anything I'm not for) signature lines. Who cares if you have an opinion I might not agree with? That doesn't make you a bad person. I just wouldn't want to see name calling for something I might believe in.
    Horsey Stick Art clique
    Crayolaposse~ SparklyLime
    PPP Grand-Poobah

Urgh, no, please. I'm sick of people getting petty over each other's opinions. And that goes for BOTH SIDES. I am non-partisan in my expectations for people to be decent to each other.

I do enjoy the recipe threads though. And the threads about people cheating on each other, because oh my God who talks about that stuff on the internet?
    http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/profile/Ashley26

"You keep one leg on one side, the other leg on the other side, and your mind in the middle." -- Henry Taylor, "Riding Lesson"