The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Ex Huntsmans horse looking for PERFECT arrangement! He is located in York, PA.

18-19 yo TB gelding 16.3ish looking for a year round job. This is his first season of retirement from hunting, and he is very unhappy. I am unable to ride him here around the farm during the winter, and he really needs to be doing something. He is totally sound.

I really think he would love to be hunting, but the only way he will do that is from the huntsmans chair. He WILL NOT field hunt (or I would do that myself somehow!) He does not really like going around a ring...so trail riding is an ideal job for him. He can and will still jump cross country fences typically encountered while hunting, coops, post and rails, pole jumps. A slower hunt would be perfect for him, that may only go out for a few hours and not jump 20++ fences.

If he is doing heavier work he would need Adequan/Legend/Cosequin for his hocks. Has front shoes on and seems ok that way for lightish work.

Totally great on trails, has never spooked at anything. He does crib but is controlled with a strap.

He will only go to a perfect place, will check references, etc. He must come back home to me if he is not working out for whatever reason.

He is located in SE York, PA. He must stay within a few hours drive of here.

Please PM for more info!
    Last edited by spacehorse; Jan. 26, 2009 at 12:59 PM. Reason: Update location restriction.

Bump...no one wants a trail horse deluxe?? You can shoot off of this guy!

Another bump, location restriction updated.

Gentle Bump!

Bump...I didn't think this was this difficult!