The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Talking Always Check Your Child's Homework

A friend forwarded this to me. It's a shame the image won't come through, but it was clearly printed in a young child's still-unpracticed hand on school notebook paper. A little horse was added in one top corner, and the horse was far more accurate than the spelling. Ah, this takes me back (although I could spell that word from an extremely early age).

HORES:

I like hores. Hores have other hores frinds. Hores like carots. You woudn't think they coud, but they can put thir legs strait up. Hores make you feel good. My dad wants a hores but my mom says no. When I am 16 or 20 I will buy my own hores.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagetraks View Post
    My dad wants a hores but my mom says no.
    The best part!

Was this on failblog? I think I saw it there...good job kid
    It's psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw.

Too funny but now poor teacher probably won't get to see the homework and it would probably have made her day!!
    You know why cowboys don't like Appaloosas?" - Answer: Because to train a horse, you have to be smarter than it is.

Better than my youngest son's efforts when making a poster for his class's business project (selling small chocolate muffins). He had memorised by heart, and replicated on the page, every word of Southpark's Chef's song about Chocolate Salty Balls.....(what happens when there are much older kids, and Mum goes outside to ride in the afternoons). I was called in to discuss with the Principal. Explaining to my son why this song was not a good choice was an interesting discussion.

Equa...oh NO! What a conversation that must have been. lolol

Which song would have been worse...Pete Schweddy's balls or Chef's?

As a teacher I would give the kid an A. Just on general principles.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Oh Equa--I would have been mortified!!

Too cute!

hahahah that is freaking great
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

This happened to me last year.

Mr. EqT went out of town. I took my sleeping meds too late and did not wake up in time to take kids to school. Decided they could stay home w/me that day and have a fun day.

The next day my son told his teacher that he missed school because I had taken so many drugs the night before that I could not get up in the morning..

she never asked me about it. Which makes it worse!!!!!!
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Red face

My son informed me the other day that he knows what a "hommofob" is. I asked him to explain it to me. He explained the meaning of a "homonym".

In sorting out Mom's paperwork, I ran into IQ tests on myself and my 2 older brothers which had been administered decades ago by my grandmother, a schoolteacher. I was 4 at the time of testing; technically, the thing wasn't even valid that young. I probably wanted it done because my brothers got it. There was a section of the test where you were given a word and had to use it in a sentence to demonstrate meaning.

Word: Sword.

My response: "A sword is a long, sharp thing that might even hurt horses."

I had a lot of fun when I found that mentally inserting the look that Grandmother must have given. Nobody in the family except me is horsey, and she took it beyond confused to outright disapproving.

cute!

They really are so innocently funny when they're young. Our grandchildren have been keeping us very amused recently.

My grandsons call me Grandad Horse and to distinguish me from Grandad White Hair(!?). When one of them was about 2 he hadn't quite got speaking mastered so it used to come out as Grandad Hore. We thought it was quite amusing though it turned hilarious when Susan was going riding with her friends one day and he run after her pointing and shouting "HORE, HORE, HORE"

Then when he was 4 he came home from school and announced to mummy whilst giggling and pointing at his pants "I no longer have a winkle, it's something else" He continued "I know the proper name for my winkle". Tracey decided to do a 'check understanding' and said "right so what's it called then" and he giggled and said "It's a peanut" Tracey asked me if she ought to be amused or book him for a hearing test.

And a little while ago I was at my other daughter's and my little granddaughter is horse mad. She came and sat on my knee and said "I'm going to tell you all about species equus" then proceded to tell me all about the development of the hoof and what an ergot and a chestnut is and I had a lecture on residual thumbs! She's 4!!! Heck I've got customers with horses that don't know that!!!! She also asked if there was anything else I'd like to know and I promised I'd get back to her if there was.

She also presented me with 2 pictures and which I have scanned for your amusement:
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...yleyshorse.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Kspicture.jpg

Seemingly the last picture is 2 horses playing! Which is a relief......... considering what I thought it was! We also loved the detail in the first picture which included the horse's freeze brand accurately recorded as SE47!

Eldest grandson (7) has broken thumb and fingers just now (Playing football with dad when he got hit by the ball) - early in 2008 he broke his elbow when he fell at school and mum was called to the hospital. He went to school and wrote a story of his weekend.

Daddy broke my hand on Saturday so we went to hospital. Last time it was mummy. It wasn't too bad but not so funny as when he kicked my tooth out. !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_1 View Post
    She also presented me with 2 pictures and which I have scanned for your amusement:
    http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...yleyshorse.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2.../Kspicture.jpg
    Very Carol Griggesque of her!

http://www.eleganthorsepictures.com/carol-grigg.html

Seemingly the last picture is 2 horses playing! Which is a relief......... considering what I thought it was!
    I dunno - look at the smiles on their faces.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

I'm at work, and laughing hard enough that I'm crying. She's precious, Thomas.

My fiance has a 12 yr old son who plays an online computer game where you interact with other players and can talk to them. Chris overheard his son say to the people online "I'll be right back. I'm going to go teabag someone."

Needless to say, as soon as said son found out what teabagging actually meant, he turned purple and hid for a while.