The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2 Bay TB Geldings Missing from Board Farm - Danville, KY (Boarding gone bad!)

Net Posse alert for two missing TBs.

http://www.netposse.com/stolenmissin...Bs_KYdec08.htm
    http://www.netposse.com/stolenmissin...ss_KYdec08.pdf

how missing: Allegedly the barn owner/manager instigated a chain of events and did not allow Sandra or her family access to her 16 horses for more than a month until she was finally able to get authorities assistance in removing them from his property. Per Sandra on Dec. 22, 2008: We started loading our starved animals from a farm in which they were boarded in Kentucky (contact Sandra for more info) onto our trailers and after we counted the horses, we noticed that our daughter's two boys were gone. These were her top show horses and her best friends. She has had them for many years. This man (contact Sandra for more details) had 16 of our horses and he returned 13, one died of starvation.

Further notes per Sandra: Story summation leading up to theft of Frenchie and Wess:

• Sandra and her husband rented a stable on Airport Rd in Danville, Kentucky last August.
    • Shortly afterward they moved all of their horses to this stable from CT.
    • A situation developed between lessee and lessor and notification was given to the lessor that the horses would be moved in November
    • Lessor filed false lien on horses
    • Lessor locked lessees out and would not let them get to their horses and would be arrested for trespassing if they tried.
    • Sandra filed for an emergency hearing that took 20 days to be heard.
    • Case was not heard because Lessor had not been served his papers by law enforcement agency.
    • Horses were not fed and watered appropriately for 45 days while Lessor had control.
    • On December 22, 2008, Sandra got a call from animal control stating were starving.
    • To get her horses she had to sign a release stating that she would drop all criminal charges against lessor.
    • The paper was sign under duress so the horse could be saved.
    • Finally, a judge told lessor that he was responsible for the condition of the horses.
    • When loading the horses it was then noticed that the daughter's two horses were not there.
    • Sandra is working through the judicial system to have this case upgraded to theft.
    Cross post and spread the word!
    No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle. ~Winston Churchill

Thumbs down BEWARE - this situation is not as it would seem

BEWARE - I know there is a very different side of the story being told by the other party. Do not get involved with this situation. Google Sandra's full name (available from the link) and the state she is from and get some popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by tmo0hul View Post
    BEWARE - I know there is a very different side of the story being told by the other party. Do not get involved with this situation. Google Sandra's full name (available from the link) and the state she is from and get some popcorn.
    Wow. That's all I have to say about that. Maybe any persons looking to get involved need to contact the authorities first before proceeding.
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

If any one has information about the validity of this case then I would suggest you contact Debbi Metcalfe or Angela Kirby.

Stolen Horse International, Inc.
    PO Box 1341
    Shelby, NC 28151
    (704) 484-2165
    stolenhorse@netposse.com

Or I guess you can contact the State police, the contact info is on the link I provided.

I googled and found nothing directly related to this case with the exception of the horse owners own web sites.

It is not in relation to the horse theft case, but there is enough background on the owners and their moral standard there that make me question the validity of the "theft."

I don't understand how the Lessor can take someone's horses due to a lease dispute and then not feed or water them, starving one of them to death.

I've googled Sandra's name and haven't found anything other than her own website, which I cannot access currently. Sounds a previous poster to this thread is trying to stir the dirt.
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the
    Riders with Fibromyalgia & Adult Re-riders Clique

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPHILE View Post
    It is not in relation to the horse theft case, but there is enough background on the owners and their moral standard there that make me question the validity of the "theft."
    I must be doing something wrong, I've found nothing of questionable morals in relation to this woman.. How are you using google and her name?
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

Bottom line is they have two horses missing, as long as they are the legal owners they have a right to get them back.

I have no doubt that the boarding farm guy has a story of his own but if he sold those horses prematurely based on the lien he is in the wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by MSP View Post
    Bottom line is they have two horses missing, as long as they are the legal owners they have a right to get them back.

I have no doubt that the boarding farm guy has a story of his own but if he sold those horses prematurely based on the lien he is in the wrong!

I have to agree with this 100%! Regardless of the owner's morals or lack there of, they are the Rightful owners and if the Lessor truly starved these horses while keeping the owners from tending to them, he deserves what he's going to get!

2 horses are missing and 1 was STARVED TO DEATH. Are you folks missing that?
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

I also said............if persons want to get involved, it would be best to contact the local authorities for any information pertaining to this before proceeding.

I am not saying this is fake. I am not saying the owner lied. I am just saying (along with any missing horses case) to contact the authorities first before proceeding (especially since they can perhaps give more information- ?).

I am not calling the owner a liar. I am just saying - be safe.

GETTING THIS BACK TO BEING HORSE-RELATED.............................

Was there ever anything on the news about the horses being stolen, one horse dead, and one that died?

Oh, Not remotely looking to get involved!!

Just had a problem with the post about the other party having a story to tell (DUH) and the questioning of the morals of the horse(s) owner lady.
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

PM sent, and I have no knowledge of the original responder's "I know there is a very different side of the story being told by the other party. Do not get involved with this situation."

From the post made to NetPosse, it seems pretty darn straightforward to me (complete with contact info for law enforcement).

"Persons getting involved" was for anyone...not just you (You probably gathered that though )

I also said............if persons want to get involved, it would be best to contact the local authorities for any information pertaining to this before proceeding since a claim was made to drop all charges and then the judge said the lessor was responsible, etc.

I am not saying this is fake. I am not saying the owner lied. I am just saying (along with any missing horses case) to contact the authorities first before proceeding.

I am not calling the owner a liar. I am just saying - be safe.
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. I cannot emphasize enough to proceed with caution. This is in Boyle County, KY. Call the sherrif's office with questions.

PM sent, and I have no knowledge of the original responder's "I know there is a very different side of the story being told by the other party. Do not get involved with this situation."

From the post made to NetPosse, it seems pretty darn straightforward to me (complete with contact info for law enforcement).

"Persons getting involved" was for anyone...not just you (You probably gathered that though )
    Got it and responded..

And I'm going to walk away from this thread now.. I don't want to be involved, just took issue with the possible overlook of a possible starved horse in lue of morals.
    Chronicle of My Horse
    Secret Passage Ranch
    **a member of the

Regardless of what google searches turns up on the owners, none of the google searches I found about the owners were horse-related sooooo.......

I hope that the owners can find their horses! I *hope* that the horses were sold/given away to someone who didn't know they weren't the boarding barn's horses and see the Netposse post for them!

I get these flyer's from Net posse all week long and I have never seen any of them in the news or heard of them before!

Just pass it on! The purpose is to FIND THE HORSES!

If you are at a sale over the week end bring the flyer's with you. If you see a horse that fits the description you are to call the Kentucky State police and notify the Auction house manager /owner of a possible stolen horse and that is it! Or contact STI and let them contact law enforcement.

Why would anyone call the local police and start an investigation or even ask to validate the case? And again if there is some inside info on this then I urge you to let SHI know about it.

Quote Originally Posted by MSP View Post
    Why would anyone call the local police and start an investigation or even ask to validate the case? And again if there is some inside info on this then I urge you to let SHI know about it.
    I think we can end this statement/conversation pertaining to "another side of the story." It was the KY State Police involved, and the fact that they are involved (with contact info mentioned) should be more than enough to say "this story (for lack of a better word) is legit."

Ok, so I can't believe I'm posting to this, but I guess I'm bored. I have no opinion on whether or not these horses were stolen. I assume they were, since netposse and the KSP are involved.

Anyway, in response to tmoO's OP, apparently, this woman was sued by the state of CT for running a massage school that wasn't accredited. Told the students it was accredited, charged them $9,500 in tuition at an interest rate above the state max (w/o informing them) and then showed them the supposed accredation certificate from a bogus accreditor that her husband had formed. There were more than 125 complaints against the school for fraud. See link

http://www.massagemag.com/ExtraEdit/121/Sues.php

The only reason I have posted this is because it appears they have started an online school http://www.galenequine.us/ that offers an equine science degree (or such) and is apparently accredited by the US Equine Professionals. You too, can be accredited by them for a small (cough) fee. Which is supposed to be doing business in Beumont Center in Lexington.

http://www.usep.us/default.php

Well, for kicks, I checked with the KY Secretary of State and they have no record of this USEP as being registered to do business in the state.

Just wanted to pass this along in case any of you click on her website links and might find yourself interested in taking her online courses.

Again, this has nothing to do with her horses being stolen. I just wanted to make sure that anyone following these links aren't duped.

Oh, and Galen Academy is not registered either, and Sandra is not listed as a registered agent for any company licensed to do business in the state.

So were the horses not fed or watered?

Did any die because of the neglect of the property owner?

Are the horses in bad condition because of the property owner not allowing the animals' owner onto the property?

Are the 2 horses missing or dead?

I don't care if the owner runs a massage parlor or a "peep ho" house. I care about whether or not someone did something bad to the horses.

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    So were the horses not fed or watered?

Did any die because of the neglect of the property owner?

Are the horses in bad condition because of the property owner not allowing the animals' owner onto the property?

Are the 2 horses missing or dead?

I don't care if the owner runs a massage parlor or a "peep ho" house. I care about whether or not someone did something bad to the horses.
    I think it was a massage school, not quite the same. Either way I hope the horses get sorted.