The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FTGH OTTB on CL in Philadelphia area

Saw this ad on Craigslist: (Ad has pictures)
    http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/grd/3793315484.html

"2008 OTTB gelding.

Medium-dark bay. 16.1hh or so. Nice long legs. Sound. No shoes at moment. Has one blue eye that is not 100% in sight but it does not bother him one bit.

Has been sitting in field since December/Januaray, has not been restarted in training since his last race (December).
    Still with trainer/owner from track.

Sweet horse, loves mints and apples. In your pocket type. In pasture alone but I don't think he will have a problem with others.

Will need experienced rider and handler as he hasn't been retrained. I think he can go any way, dressage, jumping, western. I don't think it will take long to get where you want him to be.

He hasn't had the best care (to put it nicely) from owner, so he needs some weight and someone who knows how to groom as he has some skin issues going on from not being groomed (especially once he was put out to pasture). He will look awesome once fattened and properly groomed. He also needs to be wormed and a good farrier (has no shoes on at moment)

Free but to Good home only! You must be experienced and you must have references! A home/barn check will also be nice if possible. Will also consider a rescue that has a good reputation.

**** NOTE: This is NOT my horse, posting for someone else (I'd take him myself if I could). ****

Email me for more info and or owner/trainers phone number. Farm was sold, so owner needs him in a good home asap!"
    Oh, well, clearly you're not thoroughly indoctrinated to COTH yet, because finger pointing and drawing conclusions are the cornerstones of this great online community. (Tidy Rabbit)

I know the girl rehoming this horse so I can put you in touch, looks like the ad is down.