The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Keeping warm - Under Armour

This is horse related because I don't have an indoor to ride in and it's FREEZING in MD right now.

I need to buy more Under Armour. Who's got the best prices right now?
    https://www.facebook.com/HunterHillFarmIowa

Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

If you're not picky about colors, there's a sale/clearance section on the under armor website that you can sometimes find good deals on. I bought several of their warm-weather t-shirts over the summer for close to 50% off.
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

There is an UA factory store in Curtis Bay:

http://www.yellowbot.com/under-armou...is-bay-md.html

I haven't been there yet, but the instructors at my gym rave about it! You can also find much cheaper off-brands at Dick's and Target that are just as good. Just layer, layer, layer!

Default UA

Is currently having a sale on their website for their winter stuff. I just got a new pair of metal pants for 60(normally 80), a shirt for 60(normally 80), and a sweatshirt for 40 (normally 65). I swear by UA - nothing better.. and yes it's expensive but well well worth the money.
    Proud owner of a Spicy mare!!

Wow - fabulous news - the man friend loves loves loves his under armour wear - so guess what he'll be getting for his BD.....
    Quote Originally Posted by SmartAlex View Post

Give it up. Many of us CoTHers are trapped at a computer all day with no way out, and we hunt in packs. So far it as all been in good fun. You should be thankful for that.

I also check ebay. I've found a couple sellers who sell various UA items (all new with tags!) on ebay, and have picked up several cold gear mocks for $30-$35!

Cabellas was having a sale a short while ago, I dont know if they are still, but check out their website or call them..They have the NICEST customoer service people...

Unhappy

Am I the only one that things UA sucks and is overpriced? I was sucked into the marketing frenzy and tried one of their warm weather mock turtle necks for $45. It looked thick and warm, but I froze out at the farm and it was only 40 degrees out. My $10 thermal underwear from Duofold kicks butt over that. I buy all my warm weather gear from www.campmor.com

Quote Originally Posted by toowoomba2 View Post
    Am I the only one that things UA sucks and is overpriced? I was sucked into the marketing frenzy and tried one of their warm weather mock turtle necks for $45. It looked thick and warm, but I froze out at the farm and it was only 40 degrees out. My $10 thermal underwear from Duofold kicks butt over that. I buy all my warm weather gear from www.campmor.com

I think their cold gear (I guess that's what it's called... to wear in the winter) is pretty good... the only problem I've found is that when I wear it under something it bunches up.
    However, I hate their warm gear (for summer)- I got one that I was told was better than their general heat gear because it had vents on the side. I wanted it for riding and thought it would be perfect. I found that I was actually warmer in it and that I sweat more than I normally would (I already sweat enough!).

I'll buy UA if I can find a decent price but can't bring myself to pay $60 for it, even if it is worth it.

OP- Depending where in MD you are, the Leesburg Outlet Mall has a UA store in there that has ok prices. I have found that their prices are usually much better than Dicks Sporting Goods or other places like that.
    "People ask me 'will I remember them if I make it'. I ask them 'will you remember me if I don't?'"

Did you try the REI in College Park?

Sparky... cuddle duds are great too! I wore one under my show shirt and a polar fleece 1/4 zip for a show on Sunday and it kept me nice and warm.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

SSSSHHHHH. Don't tell the mods but I'm really looking for it for skiing
    I do wear it riding and doing barn chores too.

Anyhow, I just bought a mock neck cold gear top on ebay. $35.00. Not too bad with free shipping. Need to find another pair of the pants now. I prefer to buy online. I don't like shopping in the stores. Just not a shopper.

I also have duofold and cuddle duds. I still think the UA is best for extreme cold.
    https://www.facebook.com/HunterHillFarmIowa

Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

I get my UA knockoffs from TJ Maxx or Marshalls and can normally score some for $10-$15. I found some winter Nike running tights for $17 and they're pretty much the same material as winter riding tights. Great for wearing under full chaps or under winter tights. I have spent the money on the expensive stuff and it's great, but it's even better if it's cheap!

Patagonia has its Capilene long underwear on sale on its website for around $20:

http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/prod...S&refferer=WSL

This stuff has worn like iron for me.

There's also an UA outlet at the Prime Outlets in Hagerstown.

I've got an UA coldgear turtleneck, and a Champion one from Target that cost less than half the price of the UA. I don't notice any difference between them as far as wear and warmth.

Depending on your size, look in the Youth department. I'm about a size 12, but I can squeeze into a Youth XL, and the Youth sizes seem to run $10-$15 cheaper than Womens!!

I just got a t-neck brand new w/tag off e-bay for 15.00. I was rather happy with that.

Hi everyone, have to say, being an instructor who is outside teaching in this and riding for about 8-10 hours a day, the best stuff I ever got was called dermal wear. I wear this under my britches and i'm toasty, the shirts are incredibly warm as well. It was 20 here today and I had this under my pants, down coat and my bogs boots( another thing I couldn't live without!) and I was toasty.

Personally I feel if Im just doing chores or not riding the 2 layer duofold is warmer than UA- which is nice for riding. 20 degrees would be a blessing here today.

Personally I feel if Im just doing chores or not riding the 2 layer duofold is warmer than UA- which is nice for riding/active stuff. 20 degrees would be a blessing here today.