The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Ok, I'm $425,000 short of buying my dream horse, drool, drool, drool

I was looking at schoolmasters, when I came across this horse. I'm in love. If I could win the lottery, then I would happily pay the 400,000 Euros they are asking for him and play with my new horsie. I know that he is not perfect (changes and piaffe could improve), but who cares ...

I even like his color

BTW, his rider has an amazing seat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPCuo...eature=related

I adore that stallion. He is my favorite

Wow, gorgeous! Lovely color too!
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Lovely! Well, if I win the lottery first I'm snatching himup - but I'll let you sit on him! :> LOL! FL is now a powerball state so the odds are something crazy like 1 in 6 million?!

Talking

Great fluid movement!

I'd lend you the $$$,but I'm alittle short too.
    Some riders change their horse, they change their saddle, they change their teacher; they never change themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet View Post
    Lovely! Well, if I win the lottery first I'm snatching himup - but I'll let you sit on him! :> LOL! FL is now a powerball state so the odds are something crazy like 1 in 6 million?!
    1 in 6 million? Nope. Sorry, it's much higher then that. Try 1 in 195,249,084 of winning the jackpot. It's 1 in 5,138,133 of winning a second prize.

Wow, he is nice. Floaty.

isnt this the horse that came is second i believe in the 2003 young horse champs? iif it is the same horse, he was one of my faves then and it is nice to see he developed so nicely!

Thought this was going to be a joke but wow, lovely. He didn't look heavy to ride and just so fluid. A few slight issues, but hey who's perfect. Would like a non stallion version, please.

Hey Elegante E, for half a million bucks you can make him anything you want!! Hell you could dress him up in a tutu and call him Sally.
    Lions and Tigers and Bears, oh my!!

Yes he is lovely - BUT he's not good enough to be in contention for International prizes. Also in a couple of years he will have the lost the few dapples he has left and be just a plain grey. So he won't be anything like as eyecatching.

Quote Originally Posted by oldbag View Post
    Yes he is lovely - BUT he's not good enough to be in contention for International prizes. Also in a couple of years he will have the lost the few dapples he has left and be just a plain grey. So he won't be anything like as eyecatching.
    Party pooper!

he's good enough to rule the local circuit! maybe national as well....international is too much travel anyhow!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

probably good enough to get my bronze medal, don't you think

I still like him even if he would not win the olympics or the WEG, I'm not 'olympic material' as a rider either

Just a plain grey? In a sea of plain dark bay dressage horses? They still stand out! To the OP - maybe if everyone in your town/city can send you $1, things might work out! To the person posting the dismal lottery odds: my philosophy is that everyone who won did not think that they would win because the odds are dismal. *Someone* has to win! I like to play occasionally and I feel that $2 worth of tickets is well worth the entertainment of daydreaming for a few days about what I'd do if I won.

He is a beauty and I totally feel your "must have" mode kicking in. I have the same thought when I see horses like that. Makes me get butterflies in the tummy.

PLEASE LOTTERY PLEASE!!!
    Ms Robin
    Farm Websites & SEO, Low Prices, Barter available!
    ~No Horses to Slaughter clique~

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Just a plain grey? In a sea of plain dark bay dressage horses? They still stand out! To the OP - maybe if everyone in your town/city can send you $1, things might work out! To the person posting the dismal lottery odds: my philosophy is that everyone who won did not think that they would win because the odds are dismal. *Someone* has to win! I like to play occasionally and I feel that $2 worth of tickets is well worth the entertainment of daydreaming for a few days about what I'd do if I won.
    I didn't say nobody should play because the odds are dismal. I also play the lottery. I was just correcting the poster on the odds since she was off by quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bellyache View Post
    I didn't say nobody should play because the odds are dismal. I also play the lottery. I was just correcting the poster on the odds since she was off by quite a bit.
    Ooops, sorry if I came off snarky! I hate to see actual facts when they get in the way of my personal daydreams! I'm going to make a future Olympic team just like the dentist who won Olympic eventing in Bejing! Really, I am!

Quote Originally Posted by J-Lu View Post
    Ooops, sorry if I came off snarky! I hate to see actual facts when they get in the way of my personal daydreams! I'm going to make a future Olympic team just like the dentist who won Olympic eventing in Bejing! Really, I am!
    You can tell us about your Olympic dreams but please don't call a press conference...........LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Brookes View Post
    Hey Elegante E, for half a million bucks you can make him anything you want!! Hell you could dress him up in a tutu and call him Sally.
    OMG, too funny!

If I paid that much money for a horse, I'D be the one wearing the tutu and tiara in the show ring and everyone would be calling me Nutterbunny!

Quote Originally Posted by Elegante E View Post
    OMG, too funny!

If I paid that much money for a horse, I'D be the one wearing the tutu and tiara in the show ring and everyone would be calling me Nutterbunny!

Add glitter to Sally and you can be Sugerbunnykins.
    Crayola posse ~ Lazer Lemon yellow
    Take time to give...it is too short a day to be selfish. - Ben Franklin