The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I think I saw you there on Friday, tab. I didn't say hello because I just caught a fleeting glimpse. I ran into quite a few trimming clients, so the friend I went with now thinks I know everybody. Too funny. In real life I'm a hermit and don't know anybody.

Yes, it was smaller this year. Still, I enjoyed the day. Same good trainers here doing their thing. Day's End rescue had some nice riding demos showcasing their horses who are available for adoption.

KC La Pierre had an entire horse skeleton this year. And pics of the horse it came from before she was euthed. Anybody want to see what kissing spines look like? Skeleton showed it in several places, and, the coffin bones were in such bad shape as to be practically gone. I'm not sure I agree with which came first the way KC's people explain it, but it will make your eyes bug out for sure.

Well I went Friday and spent quite a few bucks. Went back yesterday with my SO and had a good time. He is not really a horse person (he's an engineer) but he is very curious about it all, willing to learn and likes to do stuff. So we had a good time. Soent a few bucks yesterday too.

The best thing I saw was the Friday night special demo by Craig Cameron when he worked a DEF horse. It was nice to see a clinician work a challenging horse and show that their methodology can really improve an animal's life. I think Craig did that.
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

I wanted to go Sunday but was exhausted. Matryoska, when did you find time to go?

You know where I went this weekend, the Nokota horses did really well and we met a whole new group of people at the PA Farm Show. It was really worth the effort.

Dumb me with my dairy allergies could not resist the milkshakes and had too many, now I'm stuffed up like nobodies business.

I WANT TO BREATHE! This is about the color I will be if I don't clear my head soon. I was actually breathing better when I went outside to feed the horses.

I went Saturday afternoon and stayed till about 8, it was pretty fun but not nearly as crowded as it usually is.

I did watch Tommie Turvy and the trick riding, that was pretty cool and fun to watch...

I didn't get much, some warm gloves, a sweatshirt, and a warm wool hat that was hand made by native american's.

Ahh the Australian guy was definitely there and quite a cutie if I must say! ;-) He had some Joules jackets that I drooled over but didn't purchase...way too expensive...

What really bothered me was I am pretty sure someone hit my truck!!!! Which I just disovered today!!! ( I didn't even see that side of my truck all day yesterday-hubby and I were out from afternoon till late evening) A big Grey scratch from the back door to the back wheel well.... needless to say I am irate!!!!
    Caught by a Flash -Equine Photography

East Coast Jumps -Custom Wood Horse Jumps

Hey Sue, I had planned to go with a friend as a late Christmas present to her. She'd never been to an expo before. She picked up a carrot stick for $11.95. I got a nice fleece western girth at a shorter-than-standard length for $16. I've been scouring local tack shops for the right length girth, and to find one that is fleece at a good price? It was worth going just for that. Now I won't feel so bad cinching up the treeless saddle more snug.

Did Jess tell you how well your boys behaved for me on Saturday? I think they prefer to be trimmed early in the day. I notice that few horses behave their best for trims in the evenings. Spent all day Sunday trimming, so Friday was my only opportunity to go. Had to be back for the school bus, so I couldn't watch many clinics. I did sit in a side saddle, and I found out about a side-saddle clinic that will be held near me this spring. I think I'll bring Bank on Frank. It would be cool if I could tolerate a side saddle--then I can jump again!

The farm show is so different from the horse expos, but fun. They use the entire complex for this event, whoa, that place is huge and confusing. I got lost, we all got lost inside, and so many times. Trying to find a bathroom, food...THE EXIT! There was very little horse stuff but plenty of cows. There was a lot of rodeo and our poor little Nokota horses got pushed around a bit, some of the cowboys were pretty rude but a few were polite. We are talking PA cowboys, not home on the range cowboys and certainly not many gentleman cowboys either.

I know when they have the horse expo there they also have a home expo in the part that we were. Admission to the farm show is free, just pay $8 per vehicle for parking.

Suzanne Myers, who won the Mustang Challenge was really nice.

Not many riders wore helmets.

I was planning on going to the MD expo on Sunday but my foster kitty who was at the adoption center wasn't feeling well so I picked him up and I had other errands and was exhausted too. So much for that. Maybe I can get back to Harrisburg for the expo in Feb. as long as the weather holds up. I'll play it by ear.

At least the Nokota Horse Conservancy got a nice interview on TV.

Jess told me how good the horses were for you on Saturday morning. Maybe it was the time of day, or maybe it was because I wasn't there, LOL. I owe you, and also I have something for Equihab.