The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by see u at x View Post
    I'm supposed to go on Saturday with some friends, but I might have to do some contract photography work that day (and Sunday, Monday, Tuesday) in the District for the inauguration. The extra money is nice, but I'd rather be dealing with a crowd of crazy horse people than with the tourists and transportation issues in DC that weekend.
    holy cats! you have my deepest and sincerest sympathies. -patting SeeU vigorously on the head-

Quote Originally Posted by charismaryllis View Post
    holy cats! you have my deepest and sincerest sympathies. -patting SeeU vigorously on the head-
    Thank you - I very much appreciate it! The only excuse I have is that I must be nuts. I don't even care so much about the money, but I do care about the opportunity to get my foot in the door. It's the first step for me in trying to start my own business, so if I don't do it, I'll probably kick myself later. Believe me, it is rare for me to put something horse related on the backburner!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

I think I'm going to go Saturday morning with a few friends from the barn. I haven't been in years so I'm excited!
    Who is John Galt?

I think I'll be there Thursday...I have a dance class in the evening, so should I wear a hoof pick AND a ballroom shoe <grin>?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful Hunter View Post
    I think I'll be there Thursday...I have a dance class in the evening, so should I wear a hoof pick AND a ballroom shoe <grin>?
    Just be sure to wear the ballroom shoe on your head and hang the hoofpick from its heel!!!

Default I'm in booth #1418

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    I'm planning to go on Friday...what booth will you be in?
    Booth #1418, come on by and visit with us!
    MW
    Melyni (PhD) PAS, Dipl. ACAN.
    New edition of book is out:
    Horse Nutrition Handbook.

www.knabstruppers4usa.com

Ah... wish I could be there and maybe meet some fellow COTHers but I'm leaving for FL Saturday.

If anyone goes by the ERRI booth (I think they're going to be there) please tell them that Travis, who is one of their 'graduates' was an angel at our first dressage show last weekend. He was one of Debbie's favorites.
    Lowly Farm Hand with Delusions of Barn Biddieom.
    Witherun Farm
    http://witherun-farm.blogspot.com/

I'm possibly heading in that direction. Mentioned it tonight to the hubby and he's totally interested .... Hmmmm ...
    R.I.P. Barbaro
    Good luck Nicanor & Lentenor !

Default RED BACK BOOTS?

Does anyone know if the Australian guy is there selling Red Back Boots???
    Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

so I went today. Only 2 buildings, not 3 like years past. It was $10 bucks a head to get in, which seemed higher too. Walked out without a single thing bought. Stopped at Dover though and got my fix. BTW, Dover is having a heck of a sale on some saddles through the 19th.

Sparky, there was an Aussie there. I remember he was selling stock saddles, not sure what else he might have had. All the vendors are in the Equiery if you can get your hands on one.
    Experience is what you get, when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Boy View Post
    Does anyone know if the Australian guy is there selling Red Back Boots???
    Yes.

I was there on Friday...kind've disappointing, only 2 buildings, more cramped and less lectures than normal.

Of course, it was enjoyable, didn't run into too many people I know and bought a neat mirror with a mosaic around it of hunt whip/hound/fox and snaffle bit.

Sure was a lot of crap for sale and poor quality tack.

Quote Originally Posted by tangledweb View Post
    Yes.
    Thanks! A friend of mine wanted to try a pair on.

Bonus points if anyone can think of his vendor name. I was thinking of getting another pair of his boots but won't be able to make it today. Maybe I can find them online.
    Oh my god - she's gone and got the eventing bug! I will send you some antibiotics! Take the entire bottle and do two hunter shows and it will pass!

Don't know if they're the same ones, but (ahhem) Target sells Red Back Boots.

disappointed this year. probably my last year. gonna save my $$ and go directly to the shops when I need something. No one even had fillis pads!
    <)__~~
    <\ <\,,
    The delicate and exquisite horse is itself a work of art.

Quote Originally Posted by Trakehner View Post
    I was there on Friday...kind've disappointing, only 2 buildings, more cramped and less lectures than normal.

Of course, it was enjoyable, didn't run into too many people I know and bought a neat mirror with a mosaic around it of hunt whip/hound/fox and snaffle bit.

Sure was a lot of crap for sale and poor quality tack.
    I went today and that was my impression. Very sad. I was hoping to pick up a couple items, but there was really nothing that interested me. I'm not sure if vendors didn't come because they didn't expect to make sales or what, but picking were very slim.

Attendance seemed good (at least judging by how far away I had to park).

Quote Originally Posted by IslandGirl View Post
    Don't know if they're the same ones, but (ahhem) Target sells Red Back Boots.

NO WAY!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogchushu View Post
    I went today and that was my impression. Very sad. I was hoping to pick up a couple items, but there was really nothing that interested me. I'm not sure if vendors didn't come because they didn't expect to make sales or what, but picking were very slim.

Attendance seemed good (at least judging by how far away I had to park).

I thought attendance was down from past years (at least around my end of the Expo). Attendance at our seminars was definitely down and I thought it just didn't look as crowded in the Cow Palace, though there were some brief moments of crowdedness. I talked to one of the Amish barn-builders who said that usually by the end of Saturday, they sell a half-dozen sheds, but this year by 1:00-ish on Saturday...nada. Sad - hopefully the PA one will be better.
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky Boy View Post
    NO WAY!!
    Well, I don't know for sure, but it came up on a Google search!

Talking

I was there on Friday- pretty dissapointing- not much there and what was there was the same old, same old as the previous years.
    I think the highlight was watching the AWR stallion Rubiyat and some cowboy sitting behind me dressed in his finest says to two young girls sitting next to him " That guy is awfully lucky to be riding an Oldenburg! You know, they are almost extinct" .... I almost fell off the bleachers laughing
    “While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats.” Mark Twain