The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Question RE: Pull on Blundstone boots

I just got a pair of pull on Blundstones to replace my very sad lace up Blundstones. When trying them on, they fit great - I'm in love.

My question is - for those of you that have them and ride in them, do they ever slip off the heel when in the stirrup or do they stay on?

This is the deciding factor on whether to keep them or not since I can't actually wear them to the barn.

Thanks!

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

Quote Originally Posted by bellboots View Post
    I just got a pair of pull on Blundstones to replace my very sad lace up Blundstones. When trying them on, they fit great - I'm in love.

My question is - for those of you that have them and ride in them, do they ever slip off the heel when in the stirrup or do they stay on?

This is the deciding factor on whether to keep them or not since I can't actually wear them to the barn.

Thanks!
    OMG I Love those boots!!!!! I am on my second pair now. The first lasted my almost 3 years of being a working student 24/7! I have never had an issue of them slipping in the heel. When I wear these new ones out you better believe I am going to order another pair of slip-ons.

I have jumped some pretty dang big jumps in them and have never had issues. Keep them, you will love them!
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

I've been riding in Blundies for probably 10 years and have never, ever had them slip the least little bit when riding, but then again I also ride with half chaps so I don't know if that makes any difference. I second tx3dayeventer's recommendation. They are LOVELY
    Proud supporter of SprotHorseRiders.com

ditto foxchaser - but when I am being bad, I wear them at the barn off the saddle and I love them.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

I have a pair of Blunnies... and I LOVE them!
    I would NEVER go back to anything else....
    They don't slip when I ride - They are great!

Mine have never slipped, either.

I love, love, love my Blundstones and ride in them all the time, both with and without half chaps. They have never slipped. I have abused them without mercy and they are extremely durable.

Smile

I, too, loooove my Blunnies, but my friend doesn't because she says they slip off her heel...so I guess it depends on your foot. They are very wide, my foot is narrow, but I love to wear a really cushy sock with them. Pure comfort.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChaser View Post
    I've been riding in Blundies for probably 10 years and have never, ever had them slip the least little bit when riding, but then again I also ride with half chaps so I don't know if that makes any difference. I second tx3dayeventer's recommendation. They are LOVELY
    LOVE mine. No issues whatsoever, and I am on my second pair (the first died after about 5 years on hard use)...
    View my photographs at www.horsephotoguy.zenfolio.com

I have ridden in Blundstone and other elastic sided boots for the past 38 years.

Never had a problem with my heel slipping out, when my feet are in the stirrups or any other situatiuon.

Most comfortable boots to ride in.

Well, no need to twist my arm any more...I'm gonna keep them!

I was devastated when the soles disentegrated on my lace ups - thought I was going to have a stroke when the shoe fix it guy said they were toast.

THANKS!!!!

Default i envy you slip-on blunnie wearers...

My foot just doesn't do slip on anything except clogs. To the OP though, I too, have sadly had to move my lace-ups to the garden where, hopefully, they will sprout nasturtiums.
    Loved, loved those boots, they lasted through 2 re-soles....

islandrider,

I bet you can wear blunnies. I have big, wide feet and ankles bordering on cankles and I can wear them. Just keep in mind the sizing is not regular US sizing when ordering.

bellboots,

Mine do slip. But they are a little big just wearing them. I feel like I have too much bulk between my foot and the stirrup when I ride in them. That being said, I still do...if only bc they are the most comfortable boot to do chores in and I dont want to change to my uncomfortable laceups for even one second .
    There are stars in the Southern sky and if ever you decide you should go there is a taste of time sweetened honey.

I've had mine for over a year, ride in them several times a week thru thick brush, trees, briars and grapevines, plus they have been involved in several near-death-experiences involving another horse and rider and tangled fenders/stirrups. They have stayed on.

Xeroxchick, yours may be wide due to the model you got. Mine are of the square toe variety and are quite narrow. I've got a narrow foot and would swim around in the round toed ones.

Hometown: San Antonio, TX ; Current Location: Amarillo, TX

Quote Originally Posted by FoxChaser View Post
    Xeroxchick, yours may be wide due to the model you got. Mine are of the square toe variety and are quite narrow. I've got a narrow foot and would swim around in the round toed ones.
    I too have a narrow foot but LOVE the 500/510 model blunnies (round toe)!!!!! I slip an arch support, the Dr. Shoall's light blue ones, in and then they fit like custom boots.
    RIP Kid Gloves (Holly) 1992 TBxHanv CCI*** mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/holly
    New mare: Miss Bunny Express (Missy) 1995 AQHA Jumper mare.
    http://photobucket.com/tx3dayeventer/missy

I got the 62/63 style (Culberthson) - the one with the more square toe which are more like my old lace ups. I hate a pointed toe - never feel like I have anything in the stirrup. I think the best thing about these boots is they felt really good out of the box. I'm pretty sure they will mold nicely around my foot as they break in.

There is a company that advertises on the web that they re-sole Blunnies. Has anyone ever used them? My local guy said he couldn't (wouldn't) re-sole them but I thought I might give these people a try. Their link is:

http://www.myshoeman.com/blundstone_shoe_repair.htm

I just can't mentally part with the lace ups.

Hmm, maybe with an arch support I could wear them. The trouble with slip on shoes for me is always that they slip OFF. Guess my feet are narrow at the top. They might be just the thing though once my broken leg heals-though daughter got me some ariat all-terrains for xmas...Worth another try at some point as I've always loved blunnies!

So comfy to ride in.

I do notice that when I have very thick socks on, the top of my foot really pushes on the top of the boot. Not enough reason to switch though. I will never have anything else.

I had to laugh about bellboots saying that they are really comfy right out of the box. Were any of you at Rolex the year of the torrential rain on x-c? You'll know which year that was if you were Anyway, I bought my first pair of Blundies that day, threw my ancient lace-ups in the trash, and proceeded to wear them out of the box all over the KHP in the pouring rain. Considering the weather, they kept my feet amazingly dry (they do that for the first few months at least), and they were oh so comfy. Really great boots!!