The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default NC: 19yr old TB gelding looking for loving forever home...UPDATE: Home found :)

I just wanted to let everyone know that I found a wonderful home for Rhett! Thanks for reading
    Last edited by CrzyCorgi; Jan. 31, 2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: Added state to title
    ~Darci~
    "We have an obligation. We are their keepers." ~Roy Jackson

Red face Putting a good word...

Rhett was my horse for several years until Darci got him. He belonged to a student of mine as her first horse and he was at my barn for 10 years. I know this horse well, and can vouch that he is a pleasure to be around. I would say that of all the horses I've shown and owned over the years, he was the most fun.
    It's unfortunate that I'm not able to take him back myself. The circumstances when I gave him to my friend were stressful then: the loss of my first pony, loss of my father, two miscarriages...Now I have a newborn, and one barn has been torn down due to age (was part of the original plantation carriage house), and I have a large section of fencing that needs to be put back up.
    I would love to see him find a perfect home as a companion horse. He may possibly be sound for light riding at some point, I don't know, that would be Darci's call. He was always a wonderful companion to my Miz Scarlett, who died at age 44. He was very protective of her...he seemed to know she was special to me.
    Again, just putting ina good word for my old boy. He's been very special to many people and we hope to find him a perfect forever retirement home.
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Another than can vouch for this sweet, sweet boy! I've known him for...wow, 10-12 years?!?! He is a super gentleman. Would be a wonderful "friend" and companion. Needs someone to continue to love him! I do hope that you find the perfect home for him Darci! I know how hard it is...selling Nikolas was so very hard for me. Nothing like finding the PERFECT one...and then having to let them go. Good luck in your search for a home for Rhett...and in your search for a new show 'pony'!
    Natalie Kimball
    www.nataliekimball.com

Previously BaileyBFF

Default Shameless bump for my handsome old gentleman

Once you meet him, you'll fall in love with him!

I have to post here because Rhett is the only TB I've ever gotten along with.

I will confess that I used to sneak over in the mornings on the way to work, while he lived in Duford, and give him carrots and cuddles. I'm so glad he's found a good home. Whoever has him now is a lucky human indeed - he will no doubt enrich their lives as he has done, from the looks of it here, for many humans already.
    Analytical thinking is the first casualty when opposing sides polarize, and that shows lack of common sense on both sides.
    Denny Emerson

Darci, I am SO GLAD he has found a wonderful home!!! (read your email this morning) It sounds like he will be truly loved and spoiled by his new mom... Of course, a part of me is very sad that I was not able to keep him, but I know I made the right decision by him when I decided to let him go at that point in my life. I hope someday (& hopefully soon), I will be able to find another "once in a lifetime" horse. But I have lots of memories of good times with Rhett, as do we all, and our lives have been enriched by his presence.

P'aint~ I didn't know you knew my boy too!

Quote Originally Posted by HuntJumpSC View Post
    P'aint~ I didn't know you knew my boy too!
    Not only do I know Rhett, but I'm also a friend of Alex's. I loff him and his smooches.

I bet we know lots of the same folks.
    Analytical thinking is the first casualty when opposing sides polarize, and that shows lack of common sense on both sides.
    Denny Emerson