The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on this TB pedigree

For a sport horse, particularly hunters or jumpers: http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/fc_di...P7446421231299

TIA!

Bump - anyone??

None of the names up close jump out at me, but I like the Hail to Reason (by Turn-To), Nasrullah, Buckpasser, and Ribot. You can find those TB names in alot of sport TB pedigrees, since you specified hunter/jumper, you can find various of those TB names I listed in the pedigrees of horses like Hand in Glove (World Cup show jumper), Noble Houston, Salute the Truth, A Fine Romance, Alota Gator Bait, and some event horses like Theodore O'Connor, Epic Win, and Sea Accounts.
    River Oaks Farm - home of the Elite Book Friesian Sporthorse Grand Prix dressage stallion Lexington - sire of four consecutive FSA National Inspection Champions. Endorsing the FSA.

Caro is known for siring jumpers -- he is the sire of the Grand Prix jumpers Ping Pong and Tashiling.

Its quite nice - I have looked at this horse too on CANTER.. he is still a stallion.

He also has Herbager, devils bag, and princequillo up close. Would like to see his pictures.

Yes, he has Princequillo through Prince John -- quite a nice sportshorse pedigree.

Thanks guys! Keep the info coming!

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Personally, I love his pedigree. I've always thought Maria's Mon would be a good candidate as a sport horse sire because he crosses the established sport line of Majestic Light with Caro. Uncommitted is by Buckpasser and has an Eight Thirty line through Past Eight.

Naskra brings in many good lines, from Nasrullah to Tourbillon to Hurry On to Vieux Manoir to Foxhunter.

Devil's Bag ought to be good for sport because of Herbager and Ballade and Hail to Reason and Cosmah. Ciao's topside has the Prince John and Prayer Bell, whose dam's sire is Eight Thirty. Her bottom side goes to Bold Ruler on top of a Mahmoud mare.

This horse has really fine race breeding, and I notice that he's been a winner. If I were even to think of standing him, as opposed to immediate gelding, for sport, I'd get him out and performing to see if he lives up to his paper.
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

I totally fell in love with a Maria's Mon son. He's a gelding, smartest, sweetest Tb ever and had a great natural jump. I really didn't want to sell him but he ended up in a great home. They started showing him over the summer - he did the baby jumpers at Culpeper one day, the baby green hunters the next with good ribbons and went home and hacked bareback in the field that weekend. I was emailed a video of him schooling 4'3" and looking like a star a couple of days ago. I also like Devil's Bag offspring - usually very sturdy and athletic although occasionally a bit squirrelly.

My Maria's Mon son is still pictured at his first show on the intro of my old website: www.CoolMeadows.net Really regret selling him to be honest and would seriously consider any Maria's Mon babies out there if I were shopping.
    Please don't try to be a voice of reason. It's way more fun to spin things out of control. #BecauseCOTH - showhorsegallery

Viney, I was waiting for you to weigh in.

This guy will be coming home with me. (On a side note, if anyone knows of anyone going from Mountaineer track area to Philly Park, Penn National or NE PA, let me know.) I am pleased to hear that everyone likes his pedigree. I am going to try to keep him a stallion as long as his attitude cooperates, and am planning on showing him this summer.

Guess I should go off to H/J and Horse Care and start some threads about stallions in the show world!

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    This horse has really fine race breeding, and I notice that he's been a winner. If I were even to think of standing him, as opposed to immediate gelding, for sport, I'd get him out and performing to see if he lives up to his paper.
    I agree! What a nicely bred horse. Based on paper, I would expect this to be one classy individual.

The Maria's Mon racehorses I have known have been quite attractive, nice movers, and easy to work with. I imagine they would have excelled at sporthorse careers in the right circumstances.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

Good to hear - I'll keep everyone updated on his progress!

I knew Maria's Mon from the time he was a two year old on the track right up til he died at Pin Oak. He was one of my favorite horses of all time. Kind and classy and smart. I've known many of his offspring over the years and never met one I didn't like. I've also known many of the Devil's Bag horses. VERY athletic though they can be a little hot. You really can't go wrong with this pedigree in my opinion . Should be a fun athletic horse!
    Touchstone Farm. Visit us at the slideshow of our Dutch mares and foals below! 30 mnutes of photos.
    http://www.smilebox.com/playBlog/4d6...304f513d3d0d0a

Clarksdale, MS--the golden buckle on the cotton belt

Quote Originally Posted by Touchstone Farm,Ky View Post
    I knew Maria's Mon from the time he was a two year old on the track right up til he died at Pin Oak. He was one of my favorite horses of all time. Kind and classy and smart. I've known many of his offspring over the years and never met one I didn't like. I've also known many of the Devil's Bag horses. VERY athletic though they can be a little hot. You really can't go wrong with this pedigree in my opinion . Should be a fun athletic horse!
    I've been wondering if perhaps the Halo line males weren't tougher than the mares from that line.

Any of y'all with lots of experience of Halos have an opinion?
    "I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay."
    Thread killer Extraordinaire

There is a Maria's Mon stallion in the CANTER Fund raiser..

http://www.pedigreequery.com/yankee+mon

Quote Originally Posted by vineyridge View Post
    I've been wondering if perhaps the Halo line males weren't tougher than the mares from that line.

Any of y'all with lots of experience of Halos have an opinion?
    I could agree with that statement in a heartbeat...
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

The unfortunate thing to me is that I ave never met a Maria's Mon that wasn't bone headed though talented. If you can tap into it, it ought to be worth it!

Can someone give me the name of the horse or another way to find the pedigree the link won't open
    In riding a horse we borrow freedom!

Photography by. Eventing Photo and my fun farm at YouTube

Adios My Friend, who, as of today, is a gelding.

Quote Originally Posted by Personal Champ View Post
    Adios My Friend, who, as of today, is a gelding.
    Oh.. I thought you were going to try and keep him intact?