The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Tazer, my sincere condolences for your loss. I remember following this thread years ago as the mystery unraveled, and being so happy when Dux finally found his forever home.

Thank you. I'm sure I don't need to tell you but you did a truly wonderful thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Godspeed to your dear friend.

oh so sorry to hear that dux has passed!
    i faithfully followed this thread from start to finish.
    i am sooo glad that you gave him a wonderful home. its so hard to lose our friends. take care!

I remember this thread as well, and how kind you were to Dux. He was amazingly lucky to have had you to live out his days with. And it sounds like you were lucky, too. Hugs for you! Godspeed, Dux.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, my goodness. I am so very sorry for your loss. Godspeed, Dux. And thank YOU, Tazer, for taking such wonderful care of a horse who was a champion through and through, and was so deserving of the love you gave him and always will.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Oh, Tazer I am so sorry to hear this news! I, too, followed this thread from start to finish, and was so happy when you were able to bring him home. I know his passing leaves a huge hole in your heart, but thank you.

Thank you for being so generous, so loving, and so wonderful to give him the retirement and adoration he so truly deserved. Hugs to you, dear one.
    "IT'S NOT THE MOUNTAIN WE CONQUER, BUT OURSELVES." SIR EDMUND HILLARYMember of the "Someone Special To Me Serves In The Military" Clique

Tazer, I am so very sorry to hear this I remembered the original thread. Dux was so lucky to find you. What a life he had. The last 2 years were definitely the best. I am so not good with the right words in these situations. Just sending lots of hugs and some tissues. At the moment the tissues are for me.

Terri
    COTH, keeping popcorn growers in business for years.

"I need your grace to remind me to find my own." Snow Patrol-Chasing Cars. This line reminds me why I have horses.

Count me in with the group who followed this thread. One of my favorite COTH stores. What a gift you both were to each other. Godspeed Dux
    \"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it.\" Anne of Green Gables

Tazer, You and Dux are the whole reason I'm hooked on the COTH Forums. I remember following this thread from the beginning and have thought about you both several times... hoping for updates. I'm sure Dux loved his retirement with you and was truly blessed to find someone who would help him live and pass with dignity. Many {{hugs}} to you as you grieve.
    "Beware the hobby that eats."
    Benjamin Franklin

I'm very sorry for your lose but very glad that you and this horse found each other. The fact that he had an amazing career to boot gave an amazing story but even if he had not he still deserved to be feed, stay warm, and have some one love him as much as you did. You did a great thing two years ago with out knowing his background and not caring, only wanting to give him a loving home. They were probably the best years of his life.

I am sorry for your loss, but he had a great and happy ending to his story. And that's worth something!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Tazer, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my old TB last week, who I'd taken in recently during his golden years after a long career as a schoolie. I totally feel your pain and while there is some comfort in knowing that we did the best for these guys in their retirements, it is still heartbreaking.

Hugs to you, my friend, and thanks for making a difference for one lovely horse.

Am sorry for your loss but it sounds as if you were truly a "life saver" for this old guy and gave him a couple of well earned years of good care and retirement!

I never read the thread until it came back up on the 23; and of course read the entire thing last night. What a beautiful story!

Lots of hugs and prayers for peace to you... and lots of candy canes in heaven for Dux!!!
    Don't saw on your horses mouth it's not a piece of wood! ~ GM

Bless you Tazer and Godspeed Dux.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~

I knew him briefly when he was "TM" and I'm so glad he had a good last home. He was a really smart, really cool horse. I'm sorry for your loss.

I've been thinking about him lately with the terribly cold weather we are having...just like the day he came home to you.

I am so sorry to hear about Dux and I am sending you many, great big (((HUGS))).

Thanks for giving him a great home for his last few years.

Godspeed little horse.

Condolences on your loss he was a very special horse.
    Adoring fan of A Fine Romance
    Originally Posted by alicen:
    What serious breeder would think that a horse at that performance level is push button? Even so, that's still a lot of buttons to push.

Oh, I am so sorry. I remember following the "ups and downs" of this thread a few years ago and being absolutely floored at the ending. I'm so glad he had you.

My sincere condolences and as a voice in the horse world, words can not thank you enough for what you did for this wonderful horse. I too knew him as TM when he was showing and you could tell he had a great heart. What a lucky horse in the end to have you come into his life.

hugs
    There's coffee in that nebula.