The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Any one used "Barn Sweet Barn" DVD rental service yet??

Saw a blurp about this "Horsey" DVD renting service in Practical Horseman. Just wondering if any one has used it yet, good or bad experiences???
    Thanks!

Sorry, haven't yet. But I'd like to know too. They do seem to have some pretty good stuff.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

It is AWESOME I am a monthly member and have greatly enjoyed the videos. They are very quick to ship. It works *just* like NetFlix....so if you enjoy Netflix, you'll love Barn Sweet Barn
    Sarah in New Hampshire
    My Blog - Adventures in Eventing

*sigh* Yet ANOTHER company that I would LOVE to use, but doesn't ship to Canada

Thanks guys! Guess I'll have to go ahead and sign up. Figure winter is great time to watch some good videos any way.

Is there a web site?

http://www.barnsweetbarndvds.com/

I signed up Tuesday, got my first video today. Seems to check out fine so far. Nice selection to choose from...stuff to get us through the winter of ice...
    Foxwin Farm
    Home of The Bay Boy Wonder
    and other fine Morgan Sporthorses

Default Confused on fee

FYI: joining is free "There are no fees to join barnSweetBarn.com! It’s free! "
    So I looked, because *nothing* is free (especially horses ). I found this
    The "monthly flat fees" are:
    One at a Time 1 disc 14 days $9.99
    MonthlyDuo 2 discs 14 days $17.99
    TriPack 3 discs 14 days $25.99

You have to look a little to find that.

Unhappy

I am confused on the fees too! Does that mean that for three DVDs it's $50/month? I like their titles and whatnot, just a bit too expensive for me :-(

Hmmmmm.....

I pay $9.99 every month and I get one video at a time. I've currently had the video for about 2 months, LOL! I LOFF it

Anyways, not sure what those "14 days" thing means.

Also, I *believe* there's a trial period of 14 days....Try it for 14 days and if you don't like it, cancel it.

Hope this helps!
    Sarah in New Hampshire
    My Blog - Adventures in Eventing

Quote Originally Posted by Karma View Post
    I am confused on the fees too! Does that mean that for three DVDs it's $50/month? I like their titles and whatnot, just a bit too expensive for me :-(
    No no, it means that for $24.99 you can have 3 disks at a time- when you return those 3, you can get 3 more, but you can have 3 total out at a time.

For $9.99 you can have one out at a time.

It looks like a fabulous idea, but they need to build up their dressage library before it would be worth it for me.

Yes I am interested for the dressage stuff mainly too. And you guys are right it is hard to find all the "fees" details on their site.

So if you do the 9.99$ per month, you get one DVD at a time, got that. Does that also mean that if your return a DVD 3-4 times a month, that you could still end up watching 3-4 a month for the 9.99$, but just one at a time?? That is how I am reading it.

Thanks for all your comments!

OK...so is there a limit per month as to how many you can rent? Say for the $9.99 plan, you rent one and send it back when finished, then get another...does it mean there is a limit of 3 total per month? Or could I get say 4-5 titles per month...but only have one out at a time?

Oops, sorry, just saw where SCFHan posted the same question. Guess we were thinking the same thing.

Be great if they continue to upgrade their selections. They already have a number I'm interested in viewing.
    "It's not a mistake if you knew what you were doing was wrong."

Wow, this looks like a great way to while away these long, cold winter nights. Thanks for the tip!
    --o0o--

Quote Originally Posted by SCFHan View Post

So if you do the 9.99$ per month, you get one DVD at a time, got that. Does that also mean that if your return a DVD 3-4 times a month, that you could still end up watching 3-4 a month for the 9.99$, but just one at a time?? That is how I am reading it.

Thanks for all your comments!
    Yep, that's how the model of Netflix and BlockBuster online works. Once you return your one video, they send the next available video in your "queue." I am not sure whether this company provides prepaid shipping envelopes, but with NF/BBO the monthly fee also includes all shipping both ways.

So, if you are fast with your turnaround, you could have a different video every week to watch, all for the same monthly rate.