The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Cool Lab/Irish Setter Mix Looking for Love

Toby is a Black Lab/Irish Setter mix that is WONDERFUL! He was pulled from the pound the day before being put down. He's as sweet as can be, LOVES kids and gets along well with other dogs. He barks at cats and may chase them but won't hurt them. He likes to be with his people. He is house broke and crate trained. Very loveable. Horses don't bother him and he learned his lesson about bothering the goats LOL. He is up to date on shots and heart worm meds but is not neutered yet. He needs a happy home where he can be indoors and with his family. He is a big boy but thinks he's still a puppy! Located in Mt Pleasant, NORTH CAROLINA, near Charlotte and Mt Pleasant. Add Toby to your happy farm, you won't be sorry!

Default Bump

Bumping up Toby Also!

Bump for Toby :-) Interesting cross...I bet he's cute! Does he look more like a lab or an irish setter...or both?! I have my hands full with my boys and girl right now, but best of luck finding him a good home!

The absolutely best dog I ever had was this cross and he was a stray. My dog had a shiny black coat with some feathering on his legs and built and moved more like a Irish Setter. He was by far the best dog I ever owned and didn't want in the first place. He's buried in my back yard and lived to about 14 years. What a loyal friend and so wise and brave. He was awesome with kids, brave around strangers that came to the house, but not aggressive. He was good with cats and friendly dogs but territorial to keep strays away unless she was really hot then he made babies. So I decided to keep him and get him fixed and then had to find homes for the babies and mamma. I was so glad I kept him, he was just so wonderful. Children who were afraid of dogs loved him and then wanted a dog, no kidding. He followed my neighbor's kid when she was 2 and I watched as he deliberately bumped her butt and laid under to catch her and she just sat on him. I've never seen a dog like this before. He was as close to a perfect pet as you could get. Just a stray, just a perfect stray. I never planned to love him.

Oh my gosh, whoever gets this dog will be the luckiest person in the world. If I could take him I would love to.

KARIN GORMAN Guest

Default Interested

I am looking for a Black Lab Irish Setter Mix. I have one and have been looking for another. Do you still have him?

Jeeze - are you sure he isn't a Flat-coat?

http://www.fcrsainc.org/

They are black (some liver), some have lab-like heads, and move/have the coat of a setter. If so, the Flat-coat community is very strong and you shouldn't have a hard time finding him an excellent home.

robinbolt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by In_ View Post
    Jeeze - are you sure he isn't a Flat-coat?

http://www.fcrsainc.org/

They are black (some liver), some have lab-like heads, and move/have the coat of a setter. If so, the Flat-coat community is very strong and you shouldn't have a hard time finding him an excellent home.
    hmm this is nice and interesting thnx for the link buddy..

Bump - any updates on Toby? Did he find a home?

I just re-read my earlier post and I now realize how snippy and rude it sounds. I never intended it to sound that way - my sincere apologies if I offended you!

In- your post didn't sound rude, I got the impression that you said, "JEEZE" because you were so suprised/excited at the propect that he might be a flat coat and you knew he would be easy to place if you gave the info!